Hittman's Hideout

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Good morning all.

Mom, her kitties, and I all made it home safely last night. Yay!!

the kitties were not well-pleased with the trip, and did a great deal of caterwauling...taking them through TSA was a treat. Turns out they do have to come out of their carriers. TSA took us to a side room where we held the cats while they ran back to x-ray the carriers. No escapes, but it was close for one of them. They did settle for much of the flight and only spoke up intermittently on the drive from Atlanta. Turns out there are many nice cat lovers in the Phoenix and Atlanta airport, and the response to loud angry meows coming from soft-sided carriers was 'Awww- I love cats!" :) (no sarcasm, it was nice to have many people be understanding and wishing the cats well on their journey)

they have already forgiven mom (and even me) for putting them through travel torments... they may be less pleased when the beasties come home from boarding tomorrow

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good luck CES. We had to put a gate at the bottom of our stairs when we first got our dog to separate her from our cat. The dog had downstairs and the cat had upstairs. They get along ok now.

I got out early this morning to mow, move furniture off the deck, stain the deck floor, and trimmed our pear tree that's getting too close to the house. I can't reach the top with my pole saw so eventually I'm going to have to hire someone to trim it.

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    3EmPaan.gif

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    Good morning

Yesterday we did some running around,and there was a block party which gave mom a chance to meet some of the neighbors, and then we went out to a thing a local bar, so mom got a chance to say hi to some of my friends.

We have a bit of stuff to do today, and the appraisal for the construction is tomorrow. It sure would be nice to get it started. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread