Hmm... No idea where to put this but building a Mod apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My very dear husband actually *does* want to build me a mod, he got all perky when I mentioned it but he wants *me* to figure out the electronics part. (????) I'm clueless where to start, since I'm not electronically minded in the slightest... He would like it, if it turns out well, to get into doing that sometimes, since it combines a lot of things he enjoys, including building cool stuff that looks great and functions well. I'm not so worried about the actual "how it looks part" we actually have lots of options for that, some exotic woods in AZ or easily obtained, and also pals with a rock shop guy who might even slice us varying rock panels for the mods in different patterns (if that's even possible to do, LOL)....

I'm wondering if the simplest solution would be to buy a DNA chip mod fairly inexpensively and just let him tear the guts out of it to get a sense of just what is involved, before I send him on a mission to buy parts later without really knowing what goes into a mod and how it fits together? I'd imagine most mod builders started by disassembling a few mods, etc.
I am fully convinced that he will be able to tear it apart and go from there... Does that seem like a logical thing? And if he's going to rebuild a mod with those parts, I'm wondering how nuts I should make it-- like which DNA chip to get, that would be fairly advanced, if I need to find something with a touch screen, etc., and.... I have no idea, obviously. The looks of the mod would be far less important than having the right features, seems to me there's no point making something hand crafted and fabulous if it is years behind the vaping curve, I'd assume.... Suggestions welcomed, LOL, otherwise I'm going to have to do some very heavy lifting to try and figure out a Starting Point for him, really, as I have no idea what components go into a mod, the inside of MY mods are dark and shady places, that I do not venture to.... I really ENJOY not knowing what is inside my mods, besides whether or not my batteries are charged.

Anyone want to take a stab at this? I'm just sorta trying to figure out the best starting point for the guy, and his desire for ME to figure it out? I think he's overestimating my capabilities and... well, this is my idea of figuring it out, though if someone wants to jump in with either *another* suggestion, OR a suggestion of a mod to cannibalize that might be a good option, I'd be quite pleased. No rush, though I love that the husband wants to make me one, he is the most supportive non-vaping partner ever, LOL. He should apply all this enthusiasm to starting vaping (IMO) but no.... I bet if he builds something, he won't even vape it. I'll have to be the Test Vaper. :)

But, I am amused this vast task is before me based on a stray comment about the husband's artistic and engineering capabilities. It has to be easier than a bed though, surely? I mean, it's smaller, for one... Electronics are NOT his issue, he just needs a starting point and I'm sure he'd be fine from then on...

Anna

Reactions: VictorViper

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My very dear husband actually *does* want to build me a mod, he got all perky when I mentioned it but he wants *me* to figure out the electronics part. (????) I'm clueless where to start, since I'm not electronically minded in the slightest... He would like it, if it turns out well, to get into doing that sometimes, since it combines a lot of things he enjoys, including building cool stuff that looks great and functions well. I'm not so worried about the actual "how it looks part" we actually have lots of options for that, some exotic woods in AZ or easily obtained, and also pals with a rock shop guy who might even slice us varying rock panels for the mods in different patterns (if that's even possible to do, LOL)....

I'm wondering if the simplest solution would be to buy a DNA chip mod fairly inexpensively and just let him tear the guts out of it to get a sense of just what is involved, before I send him on a mission to buy parts later without really knowing what goes into a mod and how it fits together? I'd imagine most mod builders started by disassembling a few mods, etc.
I am fully convinced that he will be able to tear it apart and go from there... Does that seem like a logical thing? And if he's going to rebuild a mod with those parts, I'm wondering how nuts I should make it-- like which DNA chip to get, that would be fairly advanced, if I need to find something with a touch screen, etc., and.... I have no idea, obviously. The looks of the mod would be far less important than having the right features, seems to me there's no point making something hand crafted and fabulous if it is years behind the vaping curve, I'd assume.... Suggestions welcomed, LOL, otherwise I'm going to have to do some very heavy lifting to try and figure out a Starting Point for him, really, as I have no idea what components go into a mod, the inside of MY mods are dark and shady places, that I do not venture to.... I really ENJOY not knowing what is inside my mods, besides whether or not my batteries are charged.

Anyone want to take a stab at this? I'm just sorta trying to figure out the best starting point for the guy, and his desire for ME to figure it out? I think he's overestimating my capabilities and... well, this is my idea of figuring it out, though if someone wants to jump in with either *another* suggestion, OR a suggestion of a mod to cannibalize that might be a good option, I'd be quite pleased. No rush, though I love that the husband wants to make me one, he is the most supportive non-vaping partner ever, LOL. He should apply all this enthusiasm to starting vaping (IMO) but no.... I bet if he builds something, he won't even vape it. I'll have to be the Test Vaper. :)

But, I am amused this vast task is before me based on a stray comment about the husband's artistic and engineering capabilities. It has to be easier than a bed though, surely? I mean, it's smaller, for one... Electronics are NOT his issue, he just needs a starting point and I'm sure he'd be fine from then on...

Anna

Hi Anna,
Now you have opened Pandora's box, Hon.
Maybe a kit to get y'all started?
DNA 75 Kit
1__32491.1482617691.600.400.jpg

Congrats on your first 100 days smoke free!!!

Toldja I'd see ya around.

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That is an awesome suggestion! See, I had no idea these things were even... a thing! :thumbs:

LOL, you did tell me that Izan. :) And if anyone told me that I'd be attempting how to find out how to build a mod 100 days in, I would have laughed very heartily in your face, I was sort of sure I wouldn't make it....

I do want a DNA 75 mod, that's fantastic! Thank you! :) I think... It is indeed a Pandora's box of sorts, but I have a feeling that the husband won't want me standing there "supervising" so he can deal with all the fates furies :) Not me. God, I hope not.... :lol:

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Lol he just returned home, we're already yelling at each other :lol::lol::lol:.
Husband: "I could have told you you could get a kit!"
Me: "Well, then why didn't you?"
H: "How much is it?"
Me: "I don't know, it depends on stuff, like what you choose for a housing!"
H: "I am making the housing, we don't need that!"
H: "You can buy the stuff separately if you want!!!!!!! I had no idea such sites were available!!!! It's good!"
H: "Well, we're not buying what we don't need-"
"Fine. FINE. I'm emailing you the sites, you can "decide" what is needed. But *I* want a 75 DNA kit!"
:lol::lol::lol:

Dear Lord. :D

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread