Status
Not open for further replies.

cathomp31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Selah, Washington
Hello Everyone,
I have been vaping for over 2 Months Now and When I started I also started to D.I.Y my Own e-juice..

My Mixing Ratios have always been 30% PG and 70% VG. (PG Don't like me to well)

I have never had this Problem but all of a Sudden I keep getting a Dry Throat and a Hoarse Voice...

Does anyone have any Suggestions...

cathomp31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Selah, Washington
You might try making a point of drinking more water. I think some of the liquids can have a tendency to dehydrate. I haven't had a dry throat, but my voice has gotten a bit more hoarse on occasion. I've found if I increase my water intake it goes away.

Thank You Devilwoman, I Drink Water all the Time...I have a Feeling It might be the Way I'm Mixing my Juices...

DevilWoman

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Okc
I also have always taken in a lot of water, in fact other than a couple cups of coffee in the morning and an occasional glass of iced tea if I go out to eat (which I don't do often) water is all I drink. If your body is already used to what is your normal intake and you do something that uses up more than normal you might still need to increase your intake. I've had to do that in the last few months rather significantly because my doctor put me on a diuretic for high blood pressure. Even with the increase due to the diuretic, when I notice my voice getting hoarse I try to add a bit more. It may not be so much about the quantity but about what your body is accustomed to.

cathomp31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Selah, Washington
Thank You Everyone for the Advice...
I think I might have narrowed it down.. It has been very Windy where I live, its more than likely the Dust and Pollen in the Air..

This is why I like this Forum.. You can ask a question, people give their advice and suggestions, and then you start thinking.. "what am I doing different or what has changed"

Thank You

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Summer and dehydration go hand in hand. Vaping will dry out the mouth, but when summer arrives we all have to drink more water to compensate for warm weather dryness, also.

I went through a hacking period as the late pollen bloomed. That is settling out now. Rain certainly helps. When it rains, I clear up and my wife gets sinus congestion. We both went to an allergist and got the scratch test where they apply 80 tiny drops of allergens to a grid of dots on your arms using little sharp scratch implements , wait 15 minutes, and check for redness and swelling reactions.

I was slightly allergic to 2 dry molds, as was my wife, but she was also allergic to things that oocur in damp weather! The test matched our reactions to the real world and identified the particular causes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread