Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Would wicking it on both sides work in single coil mode (just to hold juice)? I prefer single coils since I don't like to build below 1 Ohm at the moment. Single coil on my Magma is great since the juice well is basically in the middle, but so far I've only tasted juice on the Hobo I have, but was just curious if putting some cotton on the other side would hurt wicking.
Personally, i dont think it would hurt if you added a tiny bit. I wouldn't go crazy stuffing it in there, and i wouldn't just not put anything in case of leaking ya know. What i would do is take a thin amount of the wick thats in your coil and find a way to run it around the center block and outter wall so the juice feeds from both sides. But that's just me, i would play with it and see what works best for you.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I am looking at picking up either a HOBO or a Derringer. I am looking for which has the best flavor. So far it seems the derringer has more votes for flavor, is there anyone here who's tried both that would recommend the HOBO over the Derringer?
I have both actually in my daily rotation. I think theres a couple of us on this thread that do, so im sure you'll get a lot of good responses. I think i kinda prefer the derringer for flavor, but thats all opinion. I like my hobo for the clouds and it holds more juice, also doesnt get hot as often. They both really have there advantages over each other.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am looking at picking up either a HOBO or a Derringer. I am looking for which has the best flavor. So far it seems the derringer has more votes for flavor, is there anyone here who's tried both that would recommend the HOBO over the Derringer?

I have both. I think the Derringer has the better flavor. I like them both very much though.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I have both. I think the Derringer has the better flavor. I like them both very much though.

Just got mine with a V2 Praxis.
To be honest, I am impressed with the Praxis, and I find the Derringer to vape the same as the Hobo.
It doesnt have the annoying T4 sized screws, but other than that, no difference other than looks.
And it looks sweet on the Praxis

Redacted

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
Tell you shortly, all the positive feedback in this thread on the Derringer got me to buy a pair of them that should be showing up tomorrow. Along with a pair of Marquis and my reworked DNA40 Futura. Vape mail heaven! :D

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
So im gonna revive this great thread and great atty. I just saw on instagram that Hoberto announced the Hobo V3! I know im excited for this, who else? He said he's improving on the old so i cant imagine what hes gonna come out with, i still to this day use my hobo. Its about the only atty that has stayed with me and stayed out of the classifieds section, and for me thats not easy cause im picky i guess, who knows.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
So im gonna revive this great thread and great atty. I just saw on instagram that Hoberto announced the Hobo V3! I know im excited for this, who else? He said he's improving on the old so i cant imagine what hes gonna come out with, i still to this day use my hobo. Its about the only atty that has stayed with me and stayed out of the classifieds section, and for me thats not easy cause im picky i guess, who knows.

Can't wait to see what he does. Can't really see how he could improve on the 2.1 though.

My Hobo is definitely my mainstay. I use tanks when out and about and drippers when at home. Well, not drippers, just dripper. It's all I use when at home. Absolutely love that little guy.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Can't wait to see what he does. Can't really see how he could improve on the 2.1 though.

My Hobo is definitely my mainstay. I use tanks when out and about and drippers when at home. Well, not drippers, just dripper. It's all I use when at home. Absolutely love that little guy.
Bout time, i was wondering where you were lol jk. Thats exactly what i do, tanks out and drippers when im home. I hate dripping and driving but thats just me. I have to look at the post he made cause i forget everything he said. Better insulators, and different screws is all i seem to remember but ill check back later with everything that was said.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
9d074a5ba63082a964577beb5519916a.jpg

This was the post. Im sure theres more to it that he isnt disclosing yet.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Bout time, i was wondering where you were lol jk. Thats exactly what i do, tanks out and drippers when im home. I hate dripping and driving but thats just me. I have to look at the post he made cause i forget everything he said. Better insulators, and different screws is all i seem to remember but ill check back later with everything that was said.

:laugh: I'm only on here for a bit in the mornings during weekdays. The RDA section has been a little slow so there are some days that I might not check. Thought this thread went to the bone yard.

"Better insulators". If I have one complaint about the Hobo, it would be the insulator. One needs to position the coil as far away as possible without touching the barrel. Even then, one must be careful not to melt it when dry burning.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
[emoji23] I'm only on here for a bit in the mornings during weekdays. The RDA section has been a little slow so there are some days that I might not check. Thought this thread went to the bone yard.

"Better insulators". If I have one complaint about the Hobo, it would be the insulator. One needs to position the coil as far away as possible without touching the barrel. Even then, one must be careful not to melt it when dry burning.
Yes thank you!! This is exactly my problem with the hobo. Its really my only complaint, its a pain no matter how you look at it. I cant tell you how many of my insulators ive had to shave down or that i melted a tiny bit, not much of an issue but you can still see the melt marks. What i do now is when i wick it i take a tiny bit of the one end and tuck it between the insulator and the coil or coil leg. Thats where i was getting that burnt plastic taste from a while back before i figured out what it was. Cause they never completely melt they just heat up enough to give off that taste. The hobo is easy to build on but i find once im done building the coil placement is really what matters here. I hope whatever he does is totally different then the last. I know most people probly dont have this problem so before someone mentions it i am by no means an amateur at this.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I never got the burnt plastic taste because I always had my coils slap up against the af. I was dry burning one day though and my tell tale of when the coil is clean is that there is no more smoke coming off the coil. It looked like I had gotten everything off of the coil but it kept producing smoke. I finally figured out that the smoke was coming from the melting insulator. :facepalm: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread