Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I never got the burnt plastic taste because I always had my coils slap up against the af. I was dry burning one day though and my tell tale of when the coil is clean is that there is no more smoke coming off the coil. It looked like I had gotten everything off of the coil but it kept producing smoke. I finally figured out that the smoke was coming from the melting insulator. :facepalm: [emoji23]
I just cant even see how he changed it yet kept that same hobo style he had before. I honestly hope he does a pre order for these. As much as i despise pre orders i think they come in handy with a highly anticipated item, they give you more time to get the money together and they almost guarantee you that you'll get one. They also come with the pre order problems but i feel certain items benefit from them more then others. I would just hate to see these drop on my broke off pay week lol. Just my opinion though.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Well, if you see the newest version available anywhere or if you see a pre-sale go up, please PM me or post it up in this thread and I'll do the same. You just know we'll both just need (have to have) one. [emoji23]
I do need one, i already have 3 hobos still im surprised i kept them all with how i am lol. But ill definitely post it on here and ill PM you also if and when i find out anything.

zer0zer01n

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoCal, CA
Sadly I have the clone. Anyone willing to sell an extra insulator? Mines getting pretty melty.

The only way I can see him improve it is to redo the juice well. Maybe instead of having it screw on it can snap on and be held in place with o rings. I too have issues removing it at times as it'll stick to the deck and I can only remove the whole atty. I'll leave it be and come back later.. Someone said the harder you try the more resilient it is and I can attest to that.

Have both the Hobo and the Derringer and I enjoy both. I like how I don't have to redrip as often with the Hobo cuz of the well. Also have the Marquis and it's a disappointment. Too restricted of an air flow..and it leaks if it's not upright.

Sent from my using my

XBarbarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Largo, FL
havent been on ECF in months! grabbed a hobo on my brother jaxgator's rec, back in Jan '15
it's been my go to rda since. from the pics I see in this thread, mine is a v2
I love the simplicity of building on it, currently running dual twisted 26g, 5 wraps, 2.4 m ID
I REALLY love the deep wells. I can put almost a whole dropper in it at a time. that makes it the best RDA ive had yet.

Reactions: jaxgator

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
havent been on ECF in months! grabbed a hobo on my brother jaxgator's rec, back in Jan '15
it's been my go to rda since. from the pics I see in this thread, mine is a v2
I love the simplicity of building on it, currently running dual twisted 26g, 5 wraps, 2.4 m ID
I REALLY love the deep wells. I can put almost a whole dropper in it at a time. that makes it the best RDA ive had yet.
Hey Don! Good to see you posting again.

I have used a bunch of RDAs (Plume Veil, Derringer, Raptor, Marquis, Magma, Doge, Mutation X and some others I can't think of atm) and I always went back to the Hobo.

Super easy build deck with the T posi post and wide open once the juice well is removed. Holds a ton of juice for long vaping sessions between re-dripping. Great build quality and I love the looks. I get superb flavor and plenty of vapor.

To top it all off, the CS is some of the best in the business. When I received my Hobo, the top cap had a scratch on it right next to the Hobo logo. I emaled Hoberto (mod designer) and let him know my issue. Not only did he send me a new top cap but also included extra grub screws, a drip tip and a screwdriver styled hex driver.

hobotc.jpg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I just hope he takes everyones comments and concerns into question and works off of that. Like change the insulator and i like the idea of instead of screwing it on have it snap on maybe or something different, it is a pain sometimes to unscrew. I think im gonna sell off some of my hobos since i have so many, with all the other attys i have the other hobos arent seeing any attention. Especially with all these sub ohm tanks coming out, i find myself cheating on them for the ease of the tanks. With the vape summit coming up there are SO many new rda's coming out and i want them all lol it really is an addictive thing. But if hoberto makes this V3 a better version of the first 2 runs i will definitely be buying one as well.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Looks like he removed the air holes in the top ring and widened the coil/side air holes.
I believe your right, i didnt even notice that at all. He said he also shortened the height of the whole thing as well. I cant wait to see the inside of this thing, im so excited for the release. I hope its soon.

Reactions: jaxgator

zer0zer01n

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoCal, CA
Looks like he removed the air holes in the top ring and widened the coil/side air holes.
I never really used the top air flow. I always closed mine off and ran it wide open from the sides. I always felt it was too airy and lost flavor if I used all the air holes. How'd you run yours?

Sent from my using my

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I believe your right, i didnt even notice that at all. He said he also shortened the height of the whole thing as well. I cant wait to see the inside of this thing, im so excited for the release. I hope its soon.

I'm very interested in this new iteration and can't wait to see the guts myself.

I never really used the top air flow. I always closed mine off and ran it wide open from the sides. I always felt it was too airy and lost flavor if I used all the air holes. How'd you run yours?

Sent from my using my

I'm a very heavy hitter and currently run mine completely open. I also run it right around .24Ω so the added air flow keeps it from being too hot. Sure, I may lose some flavor but it is still quite tasty. I love my Hobo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread