Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I was going to get a few LG HB6's for my mech and I was was searching the web for batteries I saw these Hohm Work 3077 mah batteries and wanted to get on here and see if anybody has used either or both and what their opinions were on the batteries before I went ahead and ordered them. Keep in mind I have found the HB6's for $4 each at illumn.com and the Hohm Work cells for $11 each from LightningVape.com. Let me know what opinions are. Any feedback is welcome!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I have 4 HG2's and I saw on the reviews of the Hohm Work cells they seem to last longer even though they are 1500 mah. I carry extra batteries with me in a case but I'm a wheelchair user and don't have a place to carry 4 cells with me so I was thinking if they last longer I could carry 1 Hohm Work cells with me and the in the mech while at work.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Seems like there is some confusion going on about the two different hohm battery offerings.

Hohm work is listed as a 2531 mah battery. 21.5 amp cdr

Hohm life is listed as a 3077 mah battery. 20amp cdr

I have a set of the hohm life batteries and the perform great in a regulated mod

Reactions: Wheelin247

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I will be using them in a mech. That's why I brought it up on this thread to see if I get any feedback from people who use them in mechs. I appreciate your feedback though.

The ohmlife will not hit as hard as the HB6 in a mech neither will the HG2's.
None of the around 3000 mah batteries will hit as hard due to higher internal resistance and more voltage drop under high loads.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I looked up the VTC5A on the interweb and there was a post about not using them in mods because of it getting too hot at the amps that it is running. Would this be a problem in a mech?

No battery gets hot if used within its capabilities. You can use any battery in any mod if you stay within its ratings. This makes some batteries a better choice than others. The VTC5A is an incredible 25A 2500mAh battery.

Could you post a link to that post you're referring to?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread