Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
What exactly does "Auto+ TC Control" do ? I don't use it (xXx only for me), just wondered is all.
It applies reasonable default Wire TC presets to drop you on the FSK curve automatically.

I use it for prebuilt stock Kanthal coils we receive with new tanks.

Reactions: 52anddone

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
My Lemo V1's are good enough for me for DL hitting. I also have a SC Aromamizer V1 that I don't use either, cause their dual coil (was told I could go single coil on it, but Not Really). Those 2 didn't work out for me (Merlin seeps, Aromamizer V1 Not single coil workable for me), and that's the only miscues I have had in buying Vape gear (atomizers) since I started vaping on Aug. 28, 2014, so guess I fair better than some other folks on that front.

I have (3) Sigelei mini 30's, (2) Sigelei mini 50 VR2's, (1) Cuboid, (1) VTC mini, (3) Presa TC 75's, (2) Presa TC 100's, (2) Slice SE's, (1) G2 LE (All Mod's still working 10/4 BTW). Since I've received my (3) HohmTech devices I have put all my other devices in storage. I just need MORE HohmTech devices and I'll have all I need for the foreseeable future (how many, IDK ). I just can't say enough about the FSK Technology, it's simply Amazing, and a PERFECT match for my style of vaping. One knows when a piece of vape Technology is right for them, when it fills a void you had, or, is an answer to a question you didn't know you had.
Another TC convert!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Yes, I forgot to mention that little tid bit, I never TC'd before I got my Slice's/G2, just was a Power user. Now all I do is TC, NiCr or Kanthal, and really like it. I think I got my Slice's after talking to you first, I think ?? Thanks Tpat. ;)
Finding you coils & wicks lasting a bit longer now?

Tar Heel

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2016
Western North Carolina
What exactly does "Auto+ TC Control" do ? I don't use it (xXx only for me), just wondered is all.

I think that "Auto+TC Control" is mostly a battery saving feature as well as what Tpat said.

I only use xXx mode to, I only use authentic Kayfun 5's, I have 3. I only use NiCr 80 Fused Clapton coils, that are 2x 28/38, 3mmID, 6 wraps and they typically ohm out to around .55, I guess I like to keep things simple and get consistency as much as possible.
I tried to use this setup in NiCr mode and it will work but I would take a couple toots then I would get nothing, I would up the fsk 5% take a couple toots then I would get nothing, I kept doing that until I was at 90% in fsk. It was to much trouble. I remember seeing somewhere, maybe it was one of Hohmtech's video's about complex builds like Fused Claptons need to be run in xXx mode.
Sorry if I'm not making much sense.
I guess I'm just wondering if I'm getting as good a vape as I could be getting.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I think that "Auto+TC Control" is mostly a battery saving feature as well as what Tpat said.

I only use xXx mode to, I only use authentic Kayfun 5's, I have 3. I only use NiCr 80 Fused Clapton coils, that are 2x 28/38, 3mmID, 6 wraps and they typically ohm out to around .55, I guess I like to keep things simple and get consistency as much as possible.
I tried to use this setup in NiCr mode and it will work but I would take a couple toots then I would get nothing, I would up the fsk 5% take a couple toots then I would get nothing, I kept doing that until I was at 90% in fsk. It was to much trouble. I remember seeing somewhere, maybe it was one of Hohmtech's video's about complex builds like Fused Claptons need to be run in xXx mode.
There are three levels to Auto +TC. There is a battery saving mode, a normal operating mode, and an extreme wattage mode. Think it all has to do with preheat appled, but only used in the normal mode. I have never had to adjust the FSK% in the normal mode, (but you can), on a stock coil and it has always vaped pretty close to what I would expect proper temp to be.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Finding you coils & wicks lasting a bit longer now?

I'm running my Lemo on my G2 and have only about 35 ml thru this build so far and it's still going good. I'm just running my Menthol mix/Twisted 30g k/KGD/xXx mode-0.8/17 Watts/430°F, so not had it paired with the G2 for long enough to notice (just since Christmas day), yet. Also been vape'in my Slice some. Time will tell though. I need to track that also I guess, need to write down my build longevity/ml's before I forget it, haven't been doin that, slipped my mind.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If you are doing TC right with a dedicated tank, your wicking should go from a week to a month or so (depending on flavor) and coils from 2 weeks to 2-4 months or more on average.

I'll bookmark you're post for reference as I'm so new to TC applications, Thanks. I know that in power mode I can get about 2+ months in my Lemo with my Menthol mix (coils), and wicking depends on if I'm using KGD or Rayon (KGD about 2 weeks, Rayon 1+months), that's with my Twisted 30g Kanthal 6-8 wrap builds. My Arabic (tobacco) mix I never did do a test on that, but seems less than Menthol. My Unflavored mix I can go for months (it's a pretty clean juice) unless I tear it out just to experiment. I ran low power 12-16 watts so that has some effect on the whole thing too.

Reactions: Tpat591

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm also using my Fev's, V3 & V4, and am still trying to perfect wicking in those (for flavor for MTL) and settings with my New Slice SE's in TC, a lot tougher for me to get dialed in than my Lemo. My Lemo (Black) is on my Blue G2 LE and seems to be running Fantastically but, I might switch to one of my Stainless Lemo V1's as I think it would just look better, ya know. I gotta wait for the middle of the month then try to find a sale so I can get a Black and a Silver G2 (to better blend with my Lemo's for DL vaping). The Lemo is about Bullet proof, like the G2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tpat591

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I'll bookmark you're post for reference as I'm so new to TC applications, Thanks. I know that in power mode I can get about 2+ months in my Lemo with my Menthol mix (coils), and wicking depends on if I'm using KGD or Rayon (KGD about 2 weeks, Rayon 1+months), that's with my Twisted 30g Kanthal 6-8 wrap builds. My Arabic (tobacco) mix I never did do a test on that, but seems less than Menthol. My Unflavored mix I can go for months (it's a pretty clean juice) unless I tear it out just to experiment. I ran low power 12-16 watts so that has some effect on the whole thing too.
You said you were low power & that was smart. Now you can raise you power & throttle w/ temp for better performance on a cold coil, faster instant on vaping, and fuller flavor w/ no fear of scorching. Your coil & wick life should improve, but you were doing pretty darn good on life at your low wattage. Your improvement may not be as radical as most would have though.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm finding that on my Lemo/G2, that when I first do a New build that I was at like 0.8 FSK in xXx mode running a Twisted 30g Kanthal coil, but as the build seasoned a bit (after the first day or so) I had to re-calibrate the FSK UP, I'm now at 2.1, everything else is the same, and that's on the same tank of juice. I had to re-calibrate because after I went to bed and then got up, it wouldn't fire. I have had no problems since (and yes, I always start with a COLD tank/build, starting with the "Connect Atomizer" message when calibrating). It's not the first time either, but I always have to re-calibrate just once on a brand new build, then I'm good to go. Does this sound normal ? Is it the wire changing electrical properties after being heated and cooled that the FSK board is detecting ?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Any TC coil will change in resistance enough after the first few temp cycles to require a slight re-calibration but after it stabilizes, you should be fine.

I noticed it is finicky as hell on a tank removal & sometimes will need re-calibration even for just a fill in FSK. I got around it by using a top fill tank. Not sue if others are locking it to get around it on a fill or what.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
To be specific, I got it to fire at 0.7 FSK @ 390°F on my new build, then turned it up to 0.8 FSK and 430°F and ran it like that till I went to bed, I got up and it wouldn't fire anymore, so I took the tank (Lemo) off, got the "Connect Atomizer" message and re-calibrated up to 1.9 FSK before the Lemo would fire again @ 390°F. I up'd the FSK to 2.1 and 430°F (where I liked the Flavor) and it has run Great ever since. Normal sequence of events for the FSK board ?

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

You make perfect sense to me. Oops, that's a scary thought, we're on the same page. o_O You might want to seek medical advice ;).
I tried Kanthal mode and had to go up to 45% FSK just to get it to fire, I was experimenting, But only 2.1 now in xXx mode. I like xXx mode better as I seem to have a better fine tuning experience than the wire mode presets. That's with my G2 LE, FW: FSK_G2_2.5.7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tar Heel

Tar Heel

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2016
Western North Carolina
You make perfect sense to me. Oops, that's a scary thought, we're on the same page. o_O You might want to seek medical advice ;).
I tried Kanthal mode and had to go up to 45% FSK just to get it to fire, I was experimenting, But only 2.1 now in xXx mode. I like xXx mode better as I seem to have a better fine tuning experience than the wire mode presets. That's with my G2 LE, FW: FSK_G2_2.5.7.

Yeah when I was experimenting with NiCr mode I had to constantly up the fsk curve all day, I finally quit fiddling with it at 90% and went back to xXx mode and I have no problems. I think the Fused Clapton build just doesn't work good in NiCr mode but a single wire setup would probably work fine.

In xXx mode I run at around 4% + or - fsk, 420 deg. and 25 watts at .55 ohms.
I won't let my builds get below .50 ohms because of safety and the Kayfun tanks should not be operated below .50 according to Svoemesto.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I'm finding that on my Lemo/G2, that when I first do a New build that I was at like 0.8 FSK in xXx mode running a Twisted 30g Kanthal coil, but as the build seasoned a bit (after the first day or so) I had to re-calibrate the FSK UP, I'm now at 2.1, everything else is the same, and that's on the same tank of juice. I had to re-calibrate because after I went to bed and then got up, it wouldn't fire. I have had no problems since (and yes, I always start with a COLD tank/build, starting with the "Connect Atomizer" message when calibrating). It's not the first time either, but I always have to re-calibrate just once on a brand new build, then I'm good to go. Does this sound normal ? Is it the wire changing electrical properties after being heated and cooled that the FSK board is detecting ?
The workaround that works for me after the initial setup (maintenance if you will) I put it in wattage mode and hit it a few times to warm up the coils then back to xXx or kanthal..etc TC mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread