HOHM Wrecker 151W TC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Pleased to report, after getting fully refunded and going through a warranty claim, I received a brand new G2 from Hohmtech for $8.
It has been said before but sometimes hohmtech bedside manner is not all that great. Usually a push in the right direction gets results. I have only had 1 instance with them were I had to push, the other time they reacted quickly and solved my problem. I need to add that I have 5 Slice and 4 G2's and both problems were minor.

I am really happy to hear they made things right for you.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Are you saying you filed a warranty claim after you were fully refunded?

Yes indeed. Was that a little shady? Probably. But they could have denied and did not.

Good deal mongo, I'm glad that they finally did the right thing by you, took'em long enough though. What was it that finally made them give in and honor the warranty after all the time and effort on you're part ?

Mentioned they wouldn't like a review of my experience on certain websites. :)

Reactions: 52anddone

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Yes indeed. Was that a little shady? Probably. But they could have denied and did not.

As I stated before, VaporCube's failure to respond to PayPal was beyond your control and not your fault.

It does not give them the right to void your warranty on a DOA piece of equipment because it was on sale. That's the shady BULLSH*T. You 100% did the right thing!

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That's a sad state that you had to threaten them with a bad review just to get what was promised in the first place. Makes it look like their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. That's sad, I'm glad it worked for you though. I just hope my incoming Black Slice is a good one and not faulty. Seems like nowadays everyone should have a Lawyer on retainer just to keep from getting screwed.

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain

Well, just reading back through the posts and see you got the refund and they told you to keep the faulty mod so frankly if it were me it's not something I would have done but
everyone is made different I guess.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Well, just reading back through the posts and see you got the refund and they told you to keep the faulty mod so frankly if it were me it's not something I would have done but
That would be your prerogative, but I strongly disagree.

It was DOA. In no uncertain terms, he had a right to expect that he should have been provided a replacement FOC after returning the mod, which would have been the resolution he was seeking had VaporCube responded to PayPal. They chose instead to ignore him because he bought it on sale and suffered the consequences.

They deserve to be penalized for that and do not have the right to void his warranty because of their own shady practices IMHO.

Last edited:

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville

So it makes ME a bad person because I was treated unfairly after they sent me a broken mod?

Your logic is flawed. Please don't turn this into something about morality and religion...especially after they basically told me to do whatever I want with it.

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain
So it makes ME a bad person because I was treated unfairly after they sent me a broken mod?

Your logic is flawed. Please don't turn this into something about morality and religion.

No need to project, I didn't say you were a bad person, I don't even know you so that would have be your logic you're talking about. Listen, it was your choice to come to a public forum to make your comment, don't be surprised it everyone does not have the same ethical opinion as you.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I have heard that before, but don't remember seeing a cause/remedy being posted. Try what Tpat suggest and go from there, but please keep us informed.

I press my "Mode Button" and turn my G2 Off every night, and have not noticed the least bit of drain when Off, I have checked for that when I first saw it posted online, I turn All my mod's Off when not in use.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Here's a new one: put a pair of fully charged VTC5A in the G2. 100%, vaped them down to 85%. Put it aside. 2 days later I turned on the G2 and they're 35%.

Any ideas?
Thought about this and I seem to remember an issue on G2 with false battery icon readings like you describe on one of the earlier firmware versions. Have you updated to the latest firmware yet?

Never noticed it myself as I updated first thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread