Hohmtech Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Summer is coming and I'm about to buy a smaller mod that is easier to carry around but still performs similar to DNA with TC.

After reading many threads I'm about to buy Hohmtech Slice, but first I want to check some thins.

If I understand correctly, Slice is very durable. Except for paint job, every thing else is top notch. Meaning, buttons will not die in one month like Cuboid did. I can screw on any tank without damaging 510 pin. You know what I'm talking about. :D I really don't want to buy a mod that will die on me in couple of months.

And if you had to chose between Asmodus Ohmsmium and Slice, what would you choose? Ohmsmium looks nicer and more comfortable to hold, but SS TC is not on par with FSK boards. Also, battery life of 26650 should be better and Slice is much cheaper.

Oh yea, I'm running tanks with 0.5ish SS coils at 30W (40W preheat) 220C, and usually in the evening batteries (25R) are at 40%. What kind of battery life can I expect with 26650 batteries and same vaping style?
For $30 the Slice is pretty much impossible to beat. I have been carrying around my VT75 more lately because it is 30mm tank friendly and I finally found an escribe file that makes it suck a lot less. For performance the Slice kills it but for looks and build quality the VT75 is real nice.

The Ohmsium is a really nice mod, I don't have one but do have a Minikin V2. Asmodus mods have really nice build quality but I always use my Minikin in power mode, the TC on it sucks. If I could put a FSK board in it I would be in heaven though.

I have been pretty impressed with the Smoant Battestar. Nicely bulit, smooth power and good TC. It can be had for less than $40 from misthub if you hunt down the 10 to 15% off coupon at reddit. I think it is reddit15 but don't remember.

0095d09475f4e5160f1e52c2f2591b89.jpg

Personally I haven't had a lot of problems with the paint on my Slices, the worst one is the Blue though. If your worried then I would suggest the silver slice, even if it chips it is harder to tell. The red slice is a sex machine though and my paint has held up real well.

93310246724ce181a452e56302390298.jpg

I wound up removing the paint on my black Slice just because I saw someone else did it and thought it looked great. Here is my neked brushed finish slice:

e65ac5597f970b2d18fa6c03ae0b9614.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain
Yeah, lots of complaints on the paint but it almost makes me think there were different batches 'cause after 3+ months of use the two I have still look like new. (dunno if there's anything to it but got mine in the $29 sale from VW)

They should have used a electrostatic powder-coat on the zinc though, but it costs more.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yeah, lots of complaints on the paint but it almost makes me think there were different batches 'cause after 3+ months of use the two I have still look like new. (dunno if there's anything to it but got mine in the $29 sale from VW)

They should have used a electrostatic powder-coat on the zinc though, but it costs more.

Yeah, I agree. I had the very same thing happen to my Black Presa TC 100w battery door (the rest of it looked good as new), so I took sand paper to the battery door to sand it smooth, and found that under the Black paint there was a Grey, slightly sticky, almost gummy layer I had to get thru before I got down to metal. That Grey layer looks to be on my Slice also.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
For $30 the Slice is pretty much impossible to beat. I have been carrying around my VT75 more lately because it is 30mm tank friendly and I finally found an escribe file that makes it suck a lot less. For performance the Slice kills it but for looks and build quality the VT75 is real nice.

The Ohmsium is a really nice mod, I don't have one but do have a Minikin V2. Asmodus mods have really nice build quality but I always use my Minikin in power mode, the TC on it sucks. If I could put a FSK board in it I would be in heaven though.

I have been pretty impressed with the Smoant Battestar. Nicely bulit, smooth power and good TC. It can be had for less than $40 from misthub if you hunt down the 10 to 15% off coupon at reddit. I think it is reddit15 but don't remember.

0095d09475f4e5160f1e52c2f2591b89.jpg

Personally I haven't had a lot of problems with the paint on my Slices, the worst one is the Blue though. If your worried then I would suggest the silver slice, even if it chips it is harder to tell. The red slice is a sex machine though and my paint has held up real well.

93310246724ce181a452e56302390298.jpg

I wound up removing the paint on my black Slice just because I saw someone else did it and thought it looked great. Here is my neked brushed finish slice:

e65ac5597f970b2d18fa6c03ae0b9614.jpg

mjag, did you take the guts out before you sanded you're Slice ? I have been thinking of doing that very same thing, but don't know how involved it might be to do.

Reactions: Tpat591

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
(dunno if there's anything to it but got mine in the $29 sale from VW)

VW ?? After thinking about it for a minute, all 3 of mine (2 Silver, 1 Black) are the SE version, not the LE version. I wonder if that makes a difference ?

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
mjag, did you take the guts out before you sanded you're Slice ? I have been thinking of doing that very same thing, but don't know how involved it might be to do.
I removed everything except the board and 510 because that would have involved unsolder then solder back. I am not the best with a soldering iron so did not want to risk it. I just covered the board with plastic to protect it and put some tissue in the 510 to keep the dust out. The screen pops out if you gently push from the inside, keep it clean and the it will stick right back in after your done.

I am thinking of doing one more, I like it that much. This time I will unsolder the wire going to the 510 so I can remove it and the board. Then I will use a paint remover to take it all down then possibly buff it out to a mucho shiny finish.

I won't touch my red or silver slice but the blue has been giving me dirty looks so we might have a throw down....haha

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Here's a couple of pics of my Black Slice
View attachment 643501
View attachment 643503

I didn't see this earlier but wow, I am not sure why that happens but so far I have been lucky, my blue slice does have about 4 or 5 chips in the paint though.

I will line up all my slices and take a pic to show the finishes in the next hour or so if I have the chance.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
So you left the board attached to the 510, and took both out together, is that what you are saying ?

No, the 510 was still attached which made the board attached as well, you would have to remove the solder from either the 510 or the board to completely remove them I believe.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
VW ?? After thinking about it for a minute, all 3 of mine (2 Silver, 1 Black) are the SE version, not the LE version. I wonder if that makes a difference ?

VW is vaporworld which had a sale on the limited edition slice for $29

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
No, the 510 was still attached which made the board attached as well, you would have to remove the solder from either the 510 or the board to completely remove them I believe.

So you just took out the board and covered it but left it hang'in by the 510 which was still installed ? Gottcha.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I sure Love that Blue G2 SE I have, I really do. I might put one of my RSST's on it, then I would be vaping "Something Old, Something New". Fantastic Battery Life compared to my other dual 18650 mod.

I love my blue G2 the best as well, that might be why the blue slice is in the dog house, the blue is not as nice.

Here are all 5 of my slices, at $30 I went a little crazy but the black one cost me $63...haha

d52000bd8336e7606901c203fe9c1abd.jpg

happy valley

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2016
Up on Bear Mountain
I sure Love that Blue G2 SE I have, I really do. I might put one of my RSST's on it, then I would be vaping "Something Old, Something New". Fantastic Battery Life compared to my other dual 18650 mod.

Yeah me too, the G2's are real winners, versatile, dependable, great battery life. I like the Slice but not the battery life of a single 26650 (have yet to try the Ijoy's).

Speaking of which (and upthread the question was raised) for my next mod I just ordered a Battlestar (shout out to Anthony :thumbs:) another dual 18650.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I love my blue G2 the best as well, that might be why the blue slice is in the dog house, the blue is not as nice.

Here are all 5 of my slices, at $30 I went a little crazy but the black one cost me $63...haha

d52000bd8336e7606901c203fe9c1abd.jpg

That's a nice lineup you have there mjag, looking good for sure. I have always bought a pair of everything, Atomizers, Mods, and colors. I have 2 Silver Slice's, but before I had a chance to get my second Black Slice I was running into paint problems, that's why I only have 1 of those. I might just sand it down then wrap it, I don't know.:confused:

I need to get some of those Ijoy's for my Slice's also Happy, I just keep forgetting to do it.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread