Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
No postings in this thread for a month and a half? Does not bode well for the device I guess.

Recently broke down and got the G2 from Ecig.com on labor day and have been somewhat impressed with the chip & Kanthal TC if not the form factor. I don't know that I would classify it as highly accurate considering the subjective nature of dialing it in, but it works quite a bit better than I had imagined for someone experienced with TC & familiar with the feel and flavor at different temps. Definitely intriguing and worth playing around with & owning.

Was toying with a further purchase of the Slice for a more portable version of the device to have around but have always steered away from 26650 devices. Shame they never made a dual 18650 version of the Slice in an RX2 format & thanks to the FDA, even if they do we wont be able to buy it in the USA.

I've read this entire thread and never even saw the measurements of the Slice itself or even a decent side by side pic of the Slice next to the G2 for comparison. I have since figured out it is about 15mm shorter, 12mm less wide, and 6mm thicker & much more ergonomic. Worried about battery life in comparison to the G2. Heard it is pretty poor battery wise. Can anyone give a comparison?

I'm amazed for a device with such potential for advancement, the thread on ECF would die out like this.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I'm amazed for a device with such potential for advancement, the thread on ECF would die out like this.

Feel that @Tpat591. Even more intriguing is the legitimacy that this industry has extended to a rogue gov agency when they are really not much more than highwaymen. We're steered to a shadowy gulley by unlawful legislators who indifferently insist we comply to traverse it along with them. Bizarre this. So we are carried to the plunderer's doorstep encouraged to plead for terms before we've lost. And we do!

I'll take what I can. Is that what we really want?

If you build it they will come. We did. Now, we fold. What manner of people are we in America anymore? Who died and made the FDA king? Why are so many conceding that they are? That we can't invest, invent, produce, exchange, consume or even communicate as we see fit?

What madman would fund the FDA's efforts to wrest away autonomy from the individual vaper, to enforce the mandate of scoundrels? Why do we choose to believe anyone reasonably could?

Tell the coachman it ain't so. Go where you will.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
The G2 is definitely my preferred mod over the Slice. I still use my Slice and like it but wish I would have waited. I hear they are using a better quality paint now and a different battery door design.

Hohm Tech does have plans for a triple 18650 and dual 26650 mod but if it is released it won't be available in the US. I do like the idea of a G2 in a 213/IPV6X/Alien style form factor. Love my G2's but they are not exactly cup holder friendly so that is when the Slice comes in handy for FSK on the road.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
The G2 is definitely my preferred mod over the Slice. I still use my Slice and like it but wish I would have waited. I hear they are using a better quality paint now and a different battery door design.

Hohm Tech does have plans for a triple 18650 and dual 26650 mod but if it is released it won't be available in the US. I do like the idea of a G2 in a 213/IPV6X/Alien style form factor. Love my G2's but they are not exactly cup holder friendly so that is when the Slice comes in handy for FSK on the road.

The shear size of the FSK boards would seem to preclude a 213/IPV6X/Alien configuration for quite some time, but an RX2/Battlestar 2x configuration is certainly possible along w/ a Reuleaux 3x style, and much more desirable than a G2 form. If they build it, I too would find a way to get it, worse comes to worse, if I had to 3D Print my own, I could.

So I am getting the impression that battery life on the Slice in a 1s 3.7v configuration is poor. Is this from a boost efficiency standpoint?

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
The battery life on the slice is not bad, just depends on how your using it. I actually get better battery life on the Slice than my VT75 using the same 26650. If there was some way I could replace the DNA75 chip on my VT75 with the Slice chip then that would hands down be my favorite mod.

I like the 26650 form factor mods, have a Stout as well that I really like. These mods are mainly road mods though for battery life and being compact. At home I generally reach for my dual/triple 18650 mods.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
The shear size of the FSK boards would seem to preclude a 213/IPV6X/Alien configuration for quite some time, but an RX2/Battlestar 2x configuration is certainly possible along w/ a Reuleaux 3x style, and much more desirable than a G2 form. If they build it, I too would find a way to get it, worse comes to worse, if I had to 3D Print my own, I could.

If someone would ever make a 3D print case for the G2 board I would buy one. Would love a Boxer style with the centered 510.

Reactions: Dshobe

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
If someone would ever make a 3D print case for the G2 board I would buy one. Would love a Boxer style with the centered 510.

Would be a nice option. And a compact one! The G2 is too hard edged. Some excellent 3D examples out there.

G'luck. :)

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Have over a Dozen DNAs & pretty much love them all (despite a few failures along the way). Was intrigued with the Holm Wrecker G2 Kanthal TC Claims, so on Labor Day I ordered one new from Ecig.com for $58.40, and I have to say I'm impressed w/ Kanthal TC. Think it does pretty darn well in Kanthal TC even if its accuracy is somewhat subjective, I have been enjoying it despite its size, boxy appearance, lack of USB Charging & overall looks. Love the idea of actually being able to use the many stock Kanthal coils I have laying around here for a change (been TC Vaping pretty much exclusively for 2 yrs now on mods & almost a year on TC All-in-Ones).

I was intrigued & impressed enough by it's performance to order a Hohm Slice Limited Edition in Stainless from Vapor Beast for $61.56 the other day. I realized there were a lot of battery cover & paint deterioration issues on the Slice that are still in process of being corrected. I had thought that this long after it's release, these issues would have been corrected and new stock would have hit the market by now.

Tried to cancel after Vapor Beast confirmed on an inquiry by me about battery door & paint issues that their stock appears to be first run stock (I'm assuming they have had customer complaints along these lines or are aware of some issues) but they had physically shipped the unit one hour prior to my cancel request. They were kind enough to tell me if I refused the shipment when it arrives & return to sender they would credit me in full which I am impressed with & give them credit for.

Now I'm torn because I really do want the unit. Since I had ordered the finish in Stainless Steel, I was thinking that it might be a bit more durable than the actual Baked Ceramic paint finishes that seem to be failing. Do any of you have any thoughts or recommendations on the matter? What would you do?

Last edited:

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Tuscaloosa al
I have the limited edition in Dodge blue and it's a tank ( I mean that in a great way) no chips or scratches and it's been dropped, ran over and my dog grabbed mine and took off with it for a ten minute tussle lol. All in all it's held up great, I just found this thread or I would have answered sooner, I have become a believer in hohmtech, I have the big three mods and will spring for the next one and the next and the next.
Once dialed in the FSK chip on temp Kanthol is awesome and the new update with tungsten works perfectly also, it just takes the time to dial it in.
I use my Slice everyday day, I think I maybe making some of my other mods jealous.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I have the limited edition in Dodge blue and it's a tank ( I mean that in a great way) no chips or scratches and it's been dropped, ran over and my dog grabbed mine and took off with it for a ten minute tussle lol. All in all it's held up great, I just found this thread or I would have answered sooner, I have become a believer in hohmtech, I have the big three mods and will spring for the next one and the next and the next.
Once dialed in the FSK chip on temp Kanthol is awesome and the new update with tungsten works perfectly also, it just takes the time to dial it in.
I use my Slice everyday day, I think I maybe making some of my other mods jealous.

For the Thread, I love the look of the Slice and all of the features, but I hate that it tapers down from the back to the front. I had the Flawless 26650 that did that and larger atties looked stupid on it. Though, this one does support 25mm, hmmmmm.

@Super Flex Your mention of Tungsten drew me in here. I have not heard of this before, as coil wire anyway. Interesting!

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Tuscaloosa al
@Super Flex Your mention of Tungsten drew me in here. I have not heard of this before, as coil wire anyway. Interesting!

yes on the first TC screen the W is for tungsten, ( Supports TC: (K1) Kanthal, (NiCr) Nichrome, (W) Tungsten, (Ni) Nickel, (Ti) Titanium, (SS 304,316,317,430) Stainless Steel, (W) Ceramic lnfused with Tungsten core(s).) per their web page.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
For the Thread, I love the look of the Slice and all of the features, but I hate that it tapers down from the back to the front. I had the Flawless 26650 that did that and larger atties looked stupid on it. Though, this one does support 25mm, hmmmmm.

Not only tungsten but any wire that may come out in the future. It has the xxx mode which you can adjust a curve called FSK % to tc any wire. FSK is like adjusting TCR, not sure how it differs but it just works. With the latest update I have been using the presets more and more, before that it was on xxx mode all the time.

All in all my G2's are my favorite mods just because I can crank them up more and there built like tanks. The Slice is still a very good mod, just wish it was built like the G2.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
FLASH SALE just went live, I ordered a Silver G2 LE, always regret selling that one to a friend. Came out to $53 for me as I live in CA so had to pay sales tax but for all of you outside the Communist regime of California will pay less than $50 shipped for a brand new G2 LE.

The link below says the sale won't go live until 3PM but it works now, just used it:

Hohm Wrecker G2 (Limited Ed) $44.97 - VAPE DEALS: Vaping | Vape Mods | E Liquid | Ecigs

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Picked up a couple more Slice, could not help it with the killer vaporbeast flash sale, wish I got the Blue as well.

ff5b4c9d1061f4e3f2991b69a723d3eb.jpg

The magnet came off the battery door of the silver, had to glue it back in but it still sits a little off. Aside from that there both perfect. Already upgraded firmware on both and there both vaping like champs.

If vaporbeast has another flash sale I am picking up the Blue as well, not brainer at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread