Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
It can be a bit challenging to calibrate a FSK board without experience with TC on another mod to give you a good idea what a vape feels like at different temperatures. Once you get it dialed in it will give you a consistent and enjoyable TC experience on almost any wire & build.

Very interesting mod/technology but entirely dependent on the user for some semblance of accuracy.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
@Tpat91
Actually I'm wondering if it's not easier without prior tc experience because this way I don't try to reproduce the behavior of standard tc, but just go to what I like, (in fact i find it very easy to get "consistent ;-)).

Regards
JJ
Good point.

Set it up to what you like, if others dont like it they can buy there own and set it up how they would like it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: jj_9

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
@Tpat91
Actually I'm wondering if it's not easier without prior tc experience because this way I don't try to reproduce the behavior of standard tc, but just go to what I like, (in fact i find it very easy to get "consistent ;-)).

Regards
JJ
Fair enough. Being a DNA guy and using TC exclusively, I like to have the temps dialed in fairly accurately so I can avoid the danger zones where certain juices can break down and release the more detrimental substances. Supposedly that can happen at temps lower than previously thought. That after all is the function of TC.

Even if you do operate at temps where that can happen, I guess it is still better than running in regular unregulated Kanthal mode. The most important thing is that you enjoy your vape & stay off the Analogs!

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Reactions: mykline

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I love vaporcube.
20161217_170608.jpg

Since Black Friday, and just ordered another Slice in black this time.
"sliceprice" gets you in for 30 bucks.
G2 code is on the home page
"skillet" gets you in for 7 bucks
What more can I say?

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I just opened my new black Slice from Vaporworld & having the issue with it not reading resistance. Assuming a bad ground at the 510. Haven't opened it up yet, just wondering if anyone had the issue before and was able to solve it?

Don't pop it just yet. First, try another atty. If this works the issue is likely simple.

The 510 threading is deep and may not make a solid connection with atty's having a shorter 510. Encountered two so far with both giving a persistent bad coil error. As was common with the orig and very good Joyetech 15W, the pin is a bit recessed. Solved with the Joye and Slice by gently coaxing the pin out with an instrument flat-heat (rotate gentle as you do this). There is a risk of damaging the 510 connection if you over-do this! Make sure mod is turned off. You don't want to short the mod hitting the fire button. That could get interesting. Proceed at your own risk.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
If anyone is interested in getting a Slice, Vaporcube now has them for $29.97 with code SLICEPRICE. Standard edition only, but all colors are available: HΩ SLICE (Hohm SLICE) Single 26650 101W Temperature Control Box Mod

Wow !! That Coupon Code still works, I thought that they did away with it by now, Nope, as I just bought a New Black Slice (I think "SE") for $ 34.32 Shipped :banana:. Now I'll have (1) Dodger Blue G2 LE and (2) Silver Slice and (1) Black Slice all SE's.

Thanks hazozita for the reminder to check that link out again, that's the same link I used to get my (2) Silver Slice SE's in December (Tpat gave it to me though, back then).

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
It was in the banner on Vaporcube. Only works now on the SE G2 for 50% off list price or $64.99 before shipping. G2FLASHX1.

Code G2FLASH is no longer valid but was giving the G2s for $44.99 just before New Year. You got one of the last ones at that price. Went on from Black Friday till New Year and is over now.

Be patient grasshopper. Sooner or later another sale will come along when they realize they aren't selling at the higher price.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
It was in the banner on Vaporcube. Only works now on the SE G2 for 50% off list price or $64.99 before shipping. G2FLASHX1.

Code G2FLASH is no longer valid but was giving the G2s for $44.99 just before New Year. You got one of the last ones at that price. Went on from Black Friday till New Year and is over now.

Be patient grasshopper. Sooner or later another sale will come along when they realize they aren't selling at the higher price.

Yeah, "G2FLASH" for $44.99, that was the one. I was gonna try that one again, see'in as how "SLICEPRICE" was still active. Well, I got the notice that my Black Slice has shipped anyway. I'll just be happy with what I have, for now that is (I still want at least (1) Black and (1) Silver G2). I wanted to be sure that I got a good number of the FSK offerings before the sale was done or they stopped making them due to the FDA crap (I haven't really followed what the FDA has been doing), some posted that Hohmtech was selling out stock due to the corrupt FDA and their rulings and wouldn't be making/selling any more here in the U.S.. I was just trying to get enough to last me for a while, in case.

Thanks for the reminder on what those coupon codes were though, I can sleep better now at least, that code was driving me nutz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tpat591

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Wow !! That Coupon Code still works, I thought that they did away with it by now, Nope, as I just bought a New Black Slice (I think "SE") for $ 34.32 Shipped :banana:. Now I'll have (1) Dodger Blue G2 LE and (2) Silver Slice and (1) Black Slice all SE's.

Thanks hazozita for the reminder to check that link out again, that's the same link I used to get my (2) Silver Slice SE's in December (Tpat gave it to me though, back then).
I just jumped on this sale also. The Slice was on my short list a couple of months ago but I was put off by the 26650 battery. I ended up buying an H-Priv.

I remembered that I bought a 26650 when I got my VT75. Unfortunately the VT75 was defective and I sent it back. I still have the 26650 and it will be going in the Slice when it gets here. I need another mod like I need a hole in my head, but for $30, how could I pass it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread