EU Holland bans e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2011
Budapest
We are slowly building an EU consumer association but it depends on several countries getting their act together. Like most people they think everything will turn out for the best, if they just wait. In this particular case I'm afraid that isn't likely.

I completely agree with you and feel that it won't end well without intervention from us. I would be curious to see if and what we can do to help from here (Hungary).

Sophora

Nov 7, 2011
Netherlands
I would suggest to get both consumers and vendors organised and not wait untill it is too late.

Germany was taken by surprise and the vendors had to organise as quickly as possible and the German consumer association wasn't up and running yet
and remained silent.
In the Netherlands, the same situation with the vendors being not organised. As Stelda (consumers association) we took it upon us
to be the focal point for the vendors also, although it is our opinion that, due to the conflict of intrest, vendors should have their own association.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
This horrible news from Holland will the main topic on Click, Bang! tomorrow night, January 3rd. Rolygate will be calling in to the show to discuss this topic with me.

If you have questions or comments, you can email them in to clickbangradio at gmail.com or call in when the show is live at 347-308-8329.

You can tune in live tomorrow night, Tuesday January 3rd, at 9PM EST at VapersPlace | VP Live - if you miss the live broadcast, the replay of the show will be available at the same web address or on iTunes.

Thanks,

-Russ

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I have something to say and I mean it, if you take into account Germany's intentions (hence, probably some EU new law amidst 1000 others soon) and the anti-ecig lobby that's taking place: we must all take action, aggressive action, at least as aggressive as we can. We should make an European petition demanding the immediate prohibition of all tobacco products, nicotine and non-nicotine tobacco cessation products, coffee and tea if ecigs are banned. Who has the guts to write that petition cleverly and make it go round?

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
I am not of the opinion that petitions work, especially when directed at people who are paid to ignore you since they work for the opposition - this applies to certain government agencies, and the alphabet soup organisations.

Instead, we need to get the media on our side; try to get the correct information to people in positions of power and influence; try to make this a voting issue; donate money to CASAA to help their campaigning and practical work; write letters (physical letters that is) to your Representative; and convert as many smokers as possible to better alternatives. In particular we need more numbers and a much bigger media presence.

If petitions are easy to sign, then why not - but ultimately other things will produce better results. I'm sorry to say this but at ECF we are about done with petitions, because they are sometimes badly targeted and take too many resources to complete (and this mainly refers to an individual's willingness to work for a better situation). People have a limited amount of energy to expend on these things, and it is better to expend that energy in the most efficient way. Given one choice alone, I'd recommend donating to CASAA, because they get provable results.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread