Home Made E Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anzar

Feb 7, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have recently purchased a Ego T shisha 1100mah with a disposable clearomiser.
Now since I am in Saudi Arabia getting E liquid is next to none as well as getting E shisha's.
Hence, I started making my own E Liquid with the following base: Vegetable Glycerine + Foster Clark's Flavor Essence (e.g: mango and strawberry).
Do you recommend this as it tends to clog my coil after FEW days.
Thanks

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Reactions: Anzar

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
A disposable clearo clogging after a few days is NORMAL. They are designed to be disposed of after a few days of use. You could try cleaning the clearo every 1 or 2 days with soap and water or alcohol. Might get you a few more days. You might also try using PG based juice, I find it is slower at gunking a coil than VG. Don't know anything about your flavorings, but being fruits they are probably on the sweeter side. Sugars are the main culprit in clogging of the coil.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Anzar. Glad to have you here!

I live in the US but this site was posted by another UAE member: Emirates Vape - UAE's One-Stop Vape Shop

Back to your DIY question. In general food flavorings purchased at grocery/candy stores are very weak. If they contain oil, they are not safe to vape.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
+1. Disposable clearos are just that, and they don't last long. It will be hard to do in KSA but you will be better served in the long run by a replaceable battery mod and a buildable tank as batteries and wire and cotton are easier to come by than ecig parts. And yes, if there's any way you can get vape-specific flavors, I strongly recommend you do. Food grade stuff is not advised if it can be avoided. Have you ever tried vaping unflavored? Many people like it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could check the (on label) ingredients for Foster Clark's Flavor Essence. Should say food flavoring and PG or VG only, if it mentions anything else, I would not use FC flavors.
Another test you might try is to obtain a clear 3'" or so glass bowl and fill it with water. Place a drop or two (one of top of the other) into the water and observe. The drop(s) should disappear in solution. If the drop still floats on top of the water, that's likely an oil based flavor which is not suited to vaping.
Oil base flavors will quickly gum up atomizers.

Anzar

Feb 7, 2016
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could check the (on label) ingredients for Foster Clark's Flavor Essence. Should say food flavoring and PG or VG only, if it mentions anything else, I would not use FC flavors.
Another test you might try is to obtain a clear 3'" or so glass bowl and fill it with water. Place a drop or two (one of top of the other) into the water and observe. The drop(s) should disappear in solution. If the drop still floats on top of the water, that's likely an oil based flavor which is not suited to vaping.
Oil base flavors will quickly gum up atomizers.

Thanks man.
I'll try testing it when I have time, for now ill use clean and clear:thumb: PG

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread