Not open for further replies.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
the fact that i don't see more mosfets being used in today's' box mods scares me....
ESPECIALLY with people whining about boxmod sub-ohm inabilities.

Nicotime,i remember seeing that thread a while back.... still an awesome piece of work.... considering you did this almost 3 years ago!!!!!!!

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
And while the vaping world is always changing and developing, it shows that people are somehow dissatisfied with their current gear, and always looking to improve. The fact that nico is still using his atty design shows that he's satisfied with the way it is, maybe only making a few minor changes along the way. Quite the rare occurrence.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Good to hear from you again Buzz and asdaq. I am quite satisfied with my atty for sure. It always has a consistent vape and is dependable even though it looks like a botched science project. Well the blue one I'm using now is in fact a prototype case I made in my early molding days. My maroon one had the mosfet die on me last October because I had the fet buried in glue...but other than that nothing else has failed. I made a couple VV mods with the PTN04050 board for friends (second pic) but never made one for myself yet. I did make another one for myself without the PTN04050 board shown in the first pic...and it works great...but I still go back to my blue one thats held closed with tape. :laugh: I experimented with the spray on Plasti-dip coating which does not work well...withing a week it was peeling off at the edges. I have more of the newer cases molded so I might get around to playing again some day. :unsure: Keep at it my friends!!

IMG_201.jpg
P1020778.jpg

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
I've been going with same for years too. For me an analogue delivered the same hit from start to finish, so why not in a mod too. I've got lots of mod bodies, but not so many atties. The plexi and o-rings needs replacing occasionally but the design is mostly all the same. One thing I've noticed is the 4050 fails sooner than the 8100, but I tend to push these puppies to the limit. A consistent vape is the key to everything.....

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
I've been going with same for years too. For me an analogue delivered the same hit from start to finish, so why not in a mod too. I've got lots of mod bodies, but not so many atties. The plexi and o-rings needs replacing occasionally but the design is mostly all the same. One thing I've noticed is the 4050 fails sooner than the 8100, but I tend to push these puppies to the limit. A consistent vape is the key to everything.....

Probably the main reason I never pushed myself to build a VV is I dont demand large clouds of vapor and hi volts. In fact I get very little vapor (a little less than a cig) using a 95PG/5VG ratio...but the flavor is intense...just the way I like it. I use one 18650 per day and they never drop below 3.7-3.9v from all day use on a 1.9-2.0 ohm coil.

You guys are making me want to dig my soldering iron out again dammit!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread