Status
Not open for further replies.

propofokgov

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
www.about.me
I took a small hex driver I had for my R/C cars and made a winding jig...just drilled a hole for one end of the wire, and hold the other end and spin the driver in my hand...perfect coils every time :)
View attachment 301191

Knowing myself, I'd probably tap that hole (no pun intended) and add a screw for extra holding power!

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I was inspired by DarkZero on the shape and size of this jig :)

And the next one is for a size comparison

Btw the jig was originally made with only a 2" piece of hard wood a 5/64 drill bit a bolt, 3 nuts and plenty of supaglue
I then decided to coat it in some stuff from the diy store that when set's it go's hard rubbery and gives a nice solid grip :D

Last edited:

gchirki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Marietta, Ga, USA
I was inspired by DarkZero on the shape and size of this jig :)

And the next one is for a size comparison

Btw the jig was originally made with only a 2" piece of hard wood a 5/64 drill bit a bolt, 3 nuts and plenty of supaglue
I then decided to coat it in some stuff from the diy store that when set's it go's hard rubbery and gives a nice solid grip :D

What did you coat it with? Is it like play-dough or like the rubber on an ego battery? This interests me if it is durable. Very cool idea.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
What did you coat it with? Is it like play-dough or like the rubber on an ego battery? This interests me if it is durable. Very cool idea.

ive never had an ego battery so not sure.. but it start's out like a play-dough yeah and from the time you open the sachet you get i think 30 min's to play about with it and as it starts setting you can wet your fingers to smooth it or do pretty patterns lol...

in my case i realised one sachet wasn't quite enough hence the two-tone :D just glad it didn't go pink :closedeyes:

its temp resistant from -50*C (-58*F) to +180*C (356*F) UV resistant and electrically insulating.(this is the reason i picked it up cus i might be able to use it to repair bits on my mod, but not sure whats a safe temp at the 510 connection is)

the address on packet is sugru.com

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Is this what you got?
Buy some sugru - the future needs fixing - sugru

If so, how many packs did it take?

2 sachet's ed101z but if you premade the humps where the fixing bolt and drill bit are you'd use less, maybe 1 :)

hey propofokgov, yeah man its awesome, it certainly had me scratching my head for things to fix or do with it :D I even put some on my tweezers to stop the heat coming through so much if I torch my coils & on the side of my torch lighter so when I put it down the nozzle sits facing up away from the surface

Last edited:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
THAT'S IT! SUGRU!

I saw some vids and articles (not vape related) with that stuff many moons ago, but never bookmarked the site. Every other month or so, I would go searchin', but just could not remember what it was called - and obviously couldn't come up with the right search terms.

It seems ECF is the place to go to for any and all information.

Thank you!

Now I can finally fix all those piddly little things that have been bothering me for so long.

mattborkin

Nov 20, 2013
Detroit, MI, USA
I think I may have figured it out!

Just made this..... uploadfromtaptalk1393442406143.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
^ yep that's it. Got my from amazon but I hear people have paid less at michaels. It's not a Home Depot item :)

I went to hobby lobby and picked up some .055" music wire and made a mandrel and then made an improved mandrel - see how I rotated the part with the wing nut? It's bad AYuss :)
rZdbhvh.jpg

I use that piece with the coil on it to mount the coil on my atomizer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread