• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hoosier Vapers Meetup - 4/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Ok just for kicks and giggles I threw together a little something, but the color scheme I will have to think about. I'm thinking a background of a Sky Blue since the 5 minute logo i made has transparency for the background which would make the "skyline" look a bit more legit. But again this is just a 5 minute thrown together and we by no means need to use it. Just want to get a feel for everyones tastes. I will make up a few other roughs like this one and see which direction the majority want to go.

hoosier-vapers.jpg hoosier-vapers-with-blue.jpg

One of these is with just the transparency and the other is with an additional layer of sky blue dropped behind everything...

Edit: Ok not sure why but they look all blurry after uploading... not sure if you guys see that or not.. could just be the crappy HP im working from... ah well... you get the idea i suppose.

Last edited:

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
just in case you guys are seeing the same blurry crappy uploads i am... try going here to see the current 2 i made.... still coming up with others here at work while time allows but I will make better versions and a few more tonight at home where I have much larger collection of prefab images and fonts. Ill post them all back to this link and update you when more are ready for yall to look at at. Hoosier Vapers Club : Logo Options

EDIT: tossed a couple more out there just fun little effects.... will be home in an hour and have access to more stuff... will post later tonight when new stuff is up.

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I like the concept. The font on option 10 makes me think of my 93 year old uncle taking up calligraphy though. Maybe I've stared at mechanical drawings for too long?

I think that 3, 10 & 11 lend themselves to banners or table markers pretty well and there is something I like about 9, but I cannot "put my finger on it".

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I like 3, and 11 but imo its looks a lil too, what's the word I am looking for, official? Like something for the state police or an ad campaign. I do like the looks of it tho, just funk it up a bit maybe so it's not quite so steril? Anyone else think that? Or am I just a pita? Lol ;)

Last edited:

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Leth,

I take no offense... trust me I know that font can be hard to read. I just love it for some reason but not everyone does. As for Trep's design, I like it alot but I agree it looks too... ugh... maybe political is the word I'm looking for. Thats what I have been trying to avoid. I think most of my earlier designs (and 10 as well) are a little too far out for what we are trying for though... I see a few of you like 3, but what is it exactly that you like about it? The glow, the light vapor in the letters, or what? Just trying to get a feel for everyones tastes. Im going to do something thats a bit more modern and official looking without getting too political. Update again in a few with a rough draft.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
What do I like about 3?

It's the way the green and black colors have absolute boundries with each other but fade as they go away. (You can say the vapor effect inside the letters is vapor, but I see it as fade that we can call vapor.) That makes the letters look crisp without the whole thing being boring. Black & neon-ish Green have a high visiblity contrast too.

The font is non-typical too without being overly "busy" so it grabs attention without confusing the observer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread