Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
CT
Hey guys,
one of the most horrible things happened to one of my GG devices today!

My Penelope v4 showed up yesterday so I've been using it in my JGG with the stealth cap. Nice compact setup! My JGG is well used, it's my usual everyday traveler with an ithaka on top and because of that it looks a bit worn. Well while at work today I was noticing just how the shinny and new Penelope and unused stealth cap stuck out on top of such a well worn device and I decided to give it a much deserved polishing on our buffing wheel in the shop.

I was, what I feel, halfway done buffing out all the scratches from it's daily used when tragedy struck. The wheel caught the tube and sent it flying into the concrete floor. It was the bottom tube and it put a serious ding in the upper area of the tube where the telescope threads in. It looked too bent to thread into but being the stubborn man that I am I screwed the the telescope in and messed up the threads on the telescope a bit.

So I'm throwing it out to the forum does anyone have a stainless "to my good friend" edition JGG bottom tube and possibly a telescope section they would be willing to part with? I'm hoping someone upgraded to the solid 18650 tube and has one to sell.

If this is inappropriate to post in this section of the forum please delete my thread.

Here's a picture of it right before my epic failure

But you can see it needed to be shined up and shown some love.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
thank you very much Icy:)

It seems that your problem is only the engraved tube. Telescope seems ok but it cant get threaded to engraved tube because its not rounded any more. Do you want me to send an engraved tube to esg and buy it from there? Your cost (because of the lifetime warranty) will be not at 25 euros but at 10 euros. As for the shipping cost, you can talk with esg about the way you want to receive it.

If you like my idea, please tell me :)

IcyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
CT
That would be fantastic!!! I'll probably buy a telescope too even if that's not covered as the threads are kind mauled up, they look slightly serrated.

As for the shipping it would work out well because I would love to order some other items, odds and ends like o-ring kits some Ti wire and I'm thinking a new matte stealth or tilie v2 for my gg4s would be a nice addition to my growing but still somewhat meager collection of things golden Greek.

So that is a resounding YES YES please and THANK YOU SO MUCH Imeo!

I took a peek around the GG sellers sites and couldn't find a "to my good friend" tube in stock and it was breaking my heart. I love my GG devices and the thought that I destroyed one while trying to make it shine again was on my mind and bringing me down all day today. Seriously ask my girlfriend.

I'll shoot Vasillis an email and let him know I'll have an order coming and that he'll will hear from you soon about the part.

Thanks again Imeo. There are lots mods out there but nothing that could ever come close in quality and to the way you take care of the GG family! You are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread