Status
Not open for further replies.

zeromisfit999

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
misfitizzle.deviantart.com
Hello everyone been researching the forums a bit. Been vaping and cigarette free for about five months. My vision spinner/ego twist is getting a little boring, and after searching through various epipes haven't quite found what I'm looking for. I would like something with a wooden style, realistic looking bowl. That can take a 510 tank, possibly variable voltage? Or moddable for variable voltage. Help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwbruce

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2012
Oklahoma, USA
You might look into the King epipe. It is wood and looks nice. Not variable voltage or anything like that, but still a good pipe to get going with. Also the Kamry 1000 epipe is out and looks nice. Again not variable voltage, but a nice looking pipe. If you want to get into the variable voltage style check out Freight Train mods. He makes some very nice looking epipes that are variable voltage. Then there is the Kir Fanis epipe with the variable voltage\variable wattage setup. Nice looking but not cheap.

Give a "reagular" style epipe a try you might find you don't need the variable voltage if you get the right setup. Good luck and let us all know how you get along with you epipe journey.

weatherman

Dec 24, 2013
BKNY
I have the Kamry K1000 and I can tell you, it's not "realistic" - it's made of aluminum. Feels good in the hand and I think it looks good, but it doesn't look like a traditional pipe.

For wooden pipes (which I'm also looking in to) there's epipemods and sun pipes - those two seem to have the most reasonably priced pipes available, and in the style which I prefer which is the screw-top button on the bowl, rather than something like the jazz pipes which have a little nubbin that people complain about being uncomfortable and which I think doesn't look great.

There's also a guy in the UK who makes nice pipes and sells them on eBay - can't recall the guy's name but if you search eBay for "epipe" sometimes you'll see one of his creations there. They generally sell for about $120.

As for the variable voltage, another user mentioned the silencer vv, which I think can be added to just about any 510 mod. I haven't tried it but that might solve your problem.

Last edited:

MTFogger

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
North Carolina
I'll post here later when I get the stuff (on order) but fixing to build a pipe using the Kamry K1000 head, Silencer vv and Smoktech Aro tank. I'll also let you know if those safestop fuses work or not in the Kamry head. My understanding is the Silencer has built in protection so may not need the fuse, we will see.

Last edited:

RedNBlack

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
NE Georgia USA

gwelker

Dec 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm upcycling a wooden pipe, but in the meantime, I just bought a Force Kick Adapter, Black from MadVapes for $20. Matches the black Kamry K1000 pipe perfectly and works great with my Tobeco Kayfun Lite+ clones. Really a great feel and gives me the protection and VW. Good performance. Here's a shot of it.

KamryPipeWithForceKick.jpg

(I do need a better pipe stand though ;-))

Last edited:

Doughboy67

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2013
Durham, NC, USA
If you are looking for a traditional wood style looking pipe the Sherlock by BelovGD is a good entry point. I have one. It has a small side button which some frown upon but I like it. It's Very comfortable in the hand. It will take either 510 (Vivi Nova Type) or Ego style (CE4) threading. Here's a link to one but I am sure you could find one cheaper:
Our Very Own Sherlock is the first REAL WOOD e-pipe to have rechargeable /replaceable battery, plus eGo fittings for YOUR CHOICE of atomizers!

Another good push button pipe is the K1000 by Kamry. It has some weight to it and the button is on the top of the bowl. I have one and it makes good vapor. Unfortunately it only has a 510 connector so you would need an adapter to run CE4 style tanks. It comes with it's own long drip tip which is a plus. Another link:
Quantum Vapor Kamry K1000 Mechanical ePipe Kit

I also have 2 Diablo Mini e-pipes which are buttonless. Automatic switch allows you to just pull on it and make smoke. Very natural and cheaper price than most. This pipe also only takes a 510 connection and would need an adapter for CE5s. Here's a link:
Diablo Mini e-Pipes

I have another pipe on order that comes with a Silencer VV Mod. The Silencer is a VV device that can be attached to most 510 batteries.
Here's the link for the pipe or the silencer. Great pipe price since the silencer alone is $30 :

Mini Variable Voltage Chrome E-Pipe
The Silencer

I'm anxious to see if the silencer works on the Diablo pipes. If it does I'll be getting more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread