Horizon Arctic coils BTDC versus vs BTDC II 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
I've been a long-time Arctic user and enjoyer. Today I received a pack of 0.2 ohm Arctic coils from fasttech, and noticed these are BTDC II coils. I ruined my first 0.2 coil by turning the wattage up too high, so buying these was my second attempt. But I noticed they are different than the older 0.2 coils, hence the II in the name I suppose. I have no older 0.2 coil to compare to, but these seem to have a thinner "screen" on the outside of the coil, allowing faster wicking, as well as a larger diameter coil, for more airflow. Anyone else have these and know for sure? So far, coil I installed tonight is indeed wicking faster, and is running at 79 watts after priming...?

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Also is it just me or does the arctic really drain 18650s quick? I just put in a brand new fully charged LG HG2 3000mah and after a couple hours vaping it's 3/4ths drained.

Both old and new coil versions fit Arctic tanks. The 0.5 is likely similar in new design as the 0.2 I have used, thinner screen and wider coil diameter (the original coils had same diameter).

High wattage drains a battery fast, especially if you are using a single-battery regulated mod. It puts more strain on a battery when trying to run the mod at higher voltage than the battery has normally. So if you try to keep it at 5 volts the whole time, yea, one battery doesn't last long. That's why I have a double and triple 18650 mod

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
Thanks for the info. I actually got the Arctic version 2 in the mail with the drip tip airflow adjustment, (MVS must have been out of the v1) and it came with BTDC II coils. I bought a 1.2ohm BTC coil and I'm glad to hear it will fit.
Since getting the Arctic and using it with the 0.5ohm coil I have had to trade off my two batteries and always keep one charging. 30w is the wattage I like for flavor and even that drains a single 18650 within a few hours of heavy vaping. I guess a new mod and more batteries is the answer. I'll have to start saving up!

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
60 watts on a single 18650, especially in a regulated mod, will have very short battery life. (Voltage drop - battery may be charged at 4.2 volts, but your mod itself will lower what the battery puts out through the path of wires and such, yet try to pull over 5 volts to get 60 watts on a 0.5 ohm coil - very fast battery drain there) I mean like, 1-2 hours or less if you vape heavily :( I don't know what other models Wismec has, sorry... I can say that anything mass-produced on the scale Joyetech reaches will have some duds, but if you go with a vendor that has reputable good customer service, that wouldn't be a problem ^_^ Just my warning for you. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread