Hot Hot Hot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Simms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Modesto, CA
Well ive been through a fair share of clearos (hate not being able to see how much juice is left). My fav was the ce2 but i always had problems with leaking! I loved them so much because they gave such a warm sometimes hot vapor. Ive been trying some new stuff with not much luck. What do you guys recommend for a clearo with a nice warm vape and strong th. Thanks

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Try a Smoktech DCT carto tank for clear juice containment and great taste and vapor. The run about $12.99 and lower on sale. You get warmer vapor from a CE clear because the coil is right next to the mouthpiece. Try variable voltage vaping with a carto tank and you will get that warmer vapor you want along with great taste and flavor.

There's none of the typical clearo plastic taste and they come in 3.5ml and 6.0ml sizes and a 510 thread. Cartos last a long time because they never get dry. Lots of people get a month out of a carto.
Smok Tech DCT

There are also Phiniac pyrex glass carto tanks that are wildly popular.
The Phiniac Tank - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

Thomas Simms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Modesto, CA
ive been very tempted to try these just because of the hype of 'em all. Ive just had bad experiences with cartos with them getting all gungy inside even when kept topped off. I am what you call a super chain vaper. I can sometimes clean out a ce2 in one sitting. Also ive seen the great deals on the 92cent cartos http://www.surevapes.com/Boge-Mix-n-Match-5-Boxes_p_114.html so what about slotting or punching how good is doing this compared to buying the prepunched cartos?

Last edited:

Reidus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
New Orleans, LA
I don't like the pre-punced cartos personally. The ones I've used had itty bitty holes and didn't draw properly. Plus they're more expensive! You can get a carto hole punch at a number of places (mine came from Phiniac) for around $15 and it works just great! There's even a video on the Phiniac site demonstrating how to use one. I agree with the others; if you want a warmer vape, then anything with a bottom coil will be warmer than anything with a top coil (like the Vivi and clearomizers, which I love btw, but I like a cooler vape). As far as tanks go, I prefer the glass tanks, like the Phiniac. No worries about getting the taste from the plastic, don't have to worry about juices cracking them, and they are sturdy as hell, cause they're made from Pyrex!

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
What's better (or the difference): Fluxo or CE2's? I've been having trouble finding the perfect equipment for myself. I don't like cartomizers because I don't like the filler taste or not being able to see or change my juice. I've tried the Stardusts, and while they were awesome for a while, it was short lived. Now they just taste like crap. Then I tried the top coils from Gotvapes. Huge disappointment... they leaked, gurgled, and just didn't function the way that I had hoped for. I've been going back to dripping lately, which is fine and all when I'm at home, but ohh... the leaking!! Gah!! And I don't like how the draw is all tight with a drip shield so I don't use it all the time.... except when I take my e-cig out. Then I use it because i won't have napkins nearby to wipe the juice off my fingers when it drips. And then it's annoying having to drip constantly so thats why I need to use clearos!!

Sorry... rant. So yea... I need something that's easy and works well.

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
What's better (or the difference): Fluxo or CE2's? I've been having trouble finding the perfect equipment for myself. I don't like cartomizers because I don't like the filler taste or not being able to see or change my juice. I've tried the Stardusts, and while they were awesome for a while, it was short lived. Now they just taste like crap. Then I tried the top coils from Gotvapes. Huge disappointment... they leaked, gurgled, and just didn't function the way that I had hoped for. I've been going back to dripping lately, which is fine and all when I'm at home, but ohh... the leaking!! Gah!! And I don't like how the draw is all tight with a drip shield so I don't use it all the time.... except when I take my e-cig out. Then I use it because i won't have napkins nearby to wipe the juice off my fingers when it drips. And then it's annoying having to drip constantly so thats why I need to use clearos!!

Sorry... rant. So yea... I need something that's easy and works well.

Sounds like we're in a similar situation. I've been really happy with the Phoenix BCs but they're a pain in the .... to fill. The Vivi Novas (v 2.5) work really well and are easy to fill, but I find the flavor is not quite as good as the Phoenix or dripping. They do perform much better than Stardusts, though, and don't gurgle or leak. I'm interested to try the Fluxomizers as well, but don't want to waste the money if what I already have is better.

Stringer63

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
KY
The Fluxo and CE2 are the same unit. You have to do just a little fiddling to get them set up right. Here's what I do that's worked well for me and few others I introduced vaping to:

- remove the outer plug and throw it away.
- remove the thin middle ring and throw it away.
- remove the inner plug that sits on top of the ceramic cup.
- take some mini side cutters or nail clippers and cut the small notched fror the wick into a larger V shape to prevent any wick pinching.
- now fill the unit by dripping your liquid between the wall of the tube and the ceramic cup - you'll get good at this after a few fills. Fill up to the bottom of the ceramic cup - not over it or you will flood it.
- once that is done, place the modified inner plug into the end, flush with the outer edge of the tube, with the new notches lined up with the wick.
- use a standard 510 drip tip and push the plug in until the drip tip is fully in place.
- blow through the drip tip into a napkin to remove any fluid that may be within the center tube.
- screw the CE2 onto your battery and let it rip!

As you consume the liquid, you need to periodically tip the unit, drip tip down, to make sure you're keeping the wick saturated. This thing vapes like a champ, period.

As far as cleaning, I remove the drip tip and the plug, and partially work the tube off of the unit with it still screwed onto the battery. Then remove it from the battery, remove the tube, and rinse it under water, and blow it out from both ends between rinses. Dry with a paper towel and attach, without tube, onto battery and dry burn with short pulses of the battery button until you get a good orange glow with no more sizzling or smoke. Reinstall tube and fill. Put plug and drip back in place and blow it out. I will do this with a new CE2 before first use to get all the primer fluid, etc out of the taste.

I use a standard ego 900 mah battery with an ego booster to adjust voltage to taste. Good luck - I hope this helps.

Thomas Simms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Modesto, CA

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Amen to the Ultimate CE2's. Been using them for months and can't find anything else that provides the warmth with excellent vapor and flavor. Make sure to clean/dry burn as soon as you see the liquid start to turn dark. You'll get several days from one this way.

The nicjuice turns dark because the nicotine in the juice is being exposed to heat and light.

Thomas Simms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
Modesto, CA
I actually saw those for sale on a different site. Have you heard anything about leaking issues? They look very tempting.

No i havent heard about leaking with them. The tube i think all clearos should be using is the plastic used on gotvapes phoenix line. I still have one tube left from ages ago that i put new cores into.:ohmy: I actually heard about them from member Orachel on the lavatube noob thread.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hem-post-your-questions-here.html#post5967057 post #9

I have always been a fan of clearos but the leaking and flavor muting turned me to carto w/ tank. But these def look promising.

Cant wait to hear back on how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread