Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I seem to be really getting somewhere with this AGA-T with mesh, I start reading the posts and get ambitious and pull it out and work on it a little more. This time I can vape it without tilting it, in fact it's straight up and wicks good although the tank is near full. I think that I am almost there. My 28g wire and 500 mesh will come tomorrow so I am going to re do my other one tomorrow.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
If if my aga is perfect and wicking i always tilt, just habit
I tilt it to use it normally but I just "testing" it.
There's no question about it, it defiantly does better tilted but I could never have it vape any good straight up on previous builds.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
When the wire heats up it also contracts, especially in open air like the top of a AGA. Try having a bit of slack when you tighten down the top nut, or push your wick closer to the center post. When it heats up it will pull in a bit, but not so much that it shorts on the wick.

Yep, it's why a lot of builders reverse the wrap, between the top coil and the center post. In other words, if you wrap your coil clockwise around the wick, attach the end lead around the center post counterclockwise, and vice versa.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Here is the one that I added washers to last night, there is still some gap left between the wick and the post but it is half of what it was. aga t 002.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I was expecting my wire and mesh shipment but it got delayed until tomorrow so I went ahead and worked on my second AGA-T. On both I have added two small washers to the center post but I did something different besides that and I think I should mention it because I was creating a problem with what I was doing. Here is what I "was" doing, I was making the coil using the drill bit method and firing it till red hot before inserting the wick. This caused the wire to sag in places resulting in poor coil to wick tension in various places along the wick. When I put the washers on I put the shaft back into the coil and pulled it tight again, attached to post between the washers, slid in the wick and then fired (re fired) dry and well pretty much perfect. On both of them I didn't have to make any adjustment to the coil. I'll cut you guys a break, I'll not post another YouTube video of the second one

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I now decided to re do one of my AGA-Ts and I'm going to make a solid wick with 500 but the part that I'm not sure about is do I fold the edge of the mesh that is going to be on the outside of the wick. All my previous wicks I folded it.
So do I fold or not fold?

Edit:
I had some problems reducing wick diameter since it is some what solid, lots of wraps of 28 k wire @ 2 ohms
It's pretty wild

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I now decided to re do one of my AGA-Ts and I'm going to make a solid wick with 500 but the part that I'm not sure about is do I fold the edge of the mesh that is going to be on the outside of the wick. All my previous wicks I folded it.
So do I fold or not fold?

I always fold. About 1/4".

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
One thing that doesn't get mentioned a lot, which I just thought of: When you look at your mesh, before you roll it, there is a "grain" to it. You'll see it. Make sure the grain is lengthwise, not across, when you roll. I don't actually know how much difference it makes. It's just something I do. Every little bit helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread