• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hot Water Cleaning Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyNuttY

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2015
Singapore
You mean the smell? Meh I don't see how the smells can possibly stay. I haven't had any cross contamination of my juices so far by doing this. I mean I had like Ribena ice, washed out the tank with water and refilled with Lemonade and it was perfectly fine. I've gone through a few bottles of juice and it seems to be fine for me.
Hm... Cause I assumed a tank is similar to a water bottle, and similarly if a coke was in the bottle before, plain water might taste differently.

Darksaber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2015
Land of no return
b73d3069009ec584789404a79120956b.jpg

Have Liao. Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retcon-Rocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
VY Canis Majoris
I have a few watches that I do my own maintenance of. What I notice is that as oring aged, it become weaker thus too water that is too hot will make it weaker.

Also another point is to never put oring in a freezer for too long (for those of you with stuck atty) rubber become brittle when cold.

Depends on whether the oring is silicon or rubber. Rubber oring are easier to degrade.

I clean rubber/silicon oring will warm water (35 degree Celsius those type) and mild neutral soap.

For metal and Pyrex, you can go ahead and soak in hot water.

Any kind of plastic tank, be careful, wash off with mild soap and never use hot water.
since you mentioned the degradation of o-rings, any idea where us SGV can score some replacements?, hardware stores should have?

isux

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2015
Fine City
What about using those bubbly tablet we use to soak retainers or denchers? Since it cleans and disinfects them and makes it safe to use orally o_O

Usually those effervescence effects is within the premise of acidic environment. This may cause degradation of the material faster, rubbers may be weaken, metals may experience slight surface corrosion (for non SS especially).

But worth a try, and do let us know the results :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread