Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Well Thank God.

Bout Time we got some Good News!
Didn't the ammendment to the agricultural bill pass in committee, but fail on the House floor? Do I remember right? If I understand correctly, this would have a better chance of getting through, 'cause there doesn't seem to be much interest in shutting down the Government over the budget, this year.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Didn't the ammendment to the agricultural bill pass in committee, but fail on the House floor? Do I remember right? If I understand correctly, this would have a better chance of getting through, 'cause there doesn't seem to be much interest in shutting down the Government over the budget, this year.

To be Honest with you, I Don't Like when things are Inserted/Amended into a Budget Appropriations knowing that there Isn't Interest in Holding Up the Budget/Shutting Down the Government over it.

But we as Vapers have Gotten the Short End of the Stick it seems at EVERY Step along the way.

And this is Kinda Do-or-Die at this point.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
To be Honest with you, I Don't Like when things are Inserted/Amended into a Budget Appropriations knowing that there Isn't Interest in Holding Up the Budget/Shutting Down the Government over it.

But we as Vapers have Gotten the Short End of the Stick it seems at EVERY Step along the way.

And this is Kinda Do-or-Die at this point.
Yeah, it's not exactly a budget issue.

Reactions: zoiDman

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The amendment approved by the House Approps Cmte is similar to the Cole bill, but was included in the budget to prevent FDA from enforcing the 2007 grandfather date in the Deeming Ban.

Last year, the House Approps Cmte approved a similar (but superior) amendment, but it wasn't included in the
Senate Approps Cmte bill nor in the final budget approved in December.

The amendment offered this year contains more restrictions on e-cigs, but has a better chance of being approved by Congress.

If enacted, Obama won't veto this must pass budget bill.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The amendment approved by the House Approps Cmte is similar to the Cole bill, but was included in the budget to prevent FDA from enforcing the 2007 grandfather date in the Deeming Ban.

Last year, the House Approps Cmte approved a similar (but superior) amendment, but it wasn't included in the
Senate Approps Cmte bill nor in the final budget approved in December.

The amendment offered this year contains more restrictions on e-cigs, but has a better chance of being approved by Congress.

If enacted, Obama won't veto this must pass budget bill.
I will patiently wait to see if somebody explains the difference between this and HR2058. I don't have enough patience to search for the answer myself.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Maybe I'm confused, but I think this is not Rep. Cole's HR2058, which I think is a stand alone bill. Good to see a Democrat join him in introducing this ammendment.
This is not the same bill as HR2058, and is not actually a bill as it is an amendment.

A good guess would be that the part about batteries was added to the amendment to get the support of fence sitters.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
This is not the same bill as HR2058, and is not actually a bill as it is an amendment.

A good guess would be that the part about batteries was added to the amendment to get the support of fence sitters.
Thanks. Found the mention of FDA regulating the batteries. I hope that's the only difference.

Reactions: salemgold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread