Houston, we have a problem...BE nic titration results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Don't get me wrong, I am outraged; just not sure what we are trying to achieve. If yu employ the homeless - that's great in a way - but make sure they know what they are doing; this is dangerous chemcals, not soup.

I would prefer unemployed rather than homeless. I am not calloused some homeless are homeless because of unemployment. However, we would be extremely naive to think that all homeless are there due to unemployment. Some are homeless because of their own volition and bad choices they made in life. I will also not deny that once homeless, it is very difficult to get out of that rut, especially with the stigma society has attached to the homeless.

OTOH would I want a homeless individual working in a chemical plant where safety to the consumer is the primary interest? I would have to say no even if the individual was a chemist. What is he doing on the street? Without further investigation into the individuals background, he would not be hired, and should he proved credible, would have to prove without a shadow of a doubt he could function in my operation. If hired, he/she would be under the normal probational period and closely monitored. Moving up the chain would be commensurate with having gained trust in the individual. Business is business!

mauzey

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Washington State
Retird,

Verify the supply chain? Why would they do that? You see how this attorney is thinking, "Unless they can prove we did it, we didn't do it!""If you don't test your products, you will never fail the test!"

Okay...Tell me again why we don't need regulation in this industry?

Aren't you glad THE CEO's friend posted?

Don't you feel better knowing some attorney vouches for his character?
Gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling all over? Or does it want to make you take a shower after reading his post?

If someone had been seriously injured or died because of this bad NIC from Box Elder, this is what we would be dealing with!

Pete

This is the kind of Noise you get when people don't read the thread or even a single post. There is valuable information in this thread, but it is starting to get harder to find than a needle in a stack of needles. And now I am adding to the noise with my own.

Sorry

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
This is the kind of Noise you get when people don't read the thread or even a single post. There is valuable information in this thread, but it is starting to get harder to find than a needle in a stack of needles. And now I am adding to the noise with my own.

Sorry
and people wonder why i have been complaining that they are off topic and why roly closed the other post... Some people just don't get it- some threads are too valuable to clutter with unrelated chatter.

Reactions: DaveP

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
and people wonder why i have been complaining that they are off topic and why roly closed the other post... Some people just don't get it- some threads are too valuable to clutter with unrelated chatter.
Form the OP's opening post I feel the following quote pretty well states what I feel should be the results of this thread:

Vendors, you are now on notice. Either self-regulate and KNOW what you are selling, quantitatively, or else you are putting people, as well as the industry itself, in grave danger.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
  • Deleted by oldsoldier

MamaD

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Northern Indiana
Ok, after reading about 40 pages of this, and not finding what I am looking for, I'm gonna ask a question. Does this recall actually include all BE purchases? Including those from Gourmet Vapor? I have called the number for the rma # and left a message, and have yet to hear from them. ( Just left message this morning). I have purchased 500 ml of 48mg nic liq from GV also lot number 256 purchased on 05/05/2011. Has anyone who purchased from GV actually gotten their money back?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Since joining ECF, I have always contended that the industry should self regulate and maintain standards .. as well, I have personally tested liquid and found that there is no consistency from one maker to another .. lastly, I'm sure the FDA is now fully aware of this scenario .. when big brother steps in, we only have the industry itself to blame ..

kaykay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
concrete jungle
Ok, after reading about 40 pages of this, and not finding what I am looking for, I'm gonna ask a question. Does this recall actually include all BE purchases? Including those from Gourmet Vapor? I have called the number for the rma # and left a message, and have yet to hear from them. ( Just left message this morning). I have purchased 500 ml of 48mg nic liq from GV also lot number 256 purchased on 05/05/2011. Has anyone who purchased from GV actually gotten their money back?
i am with u as well,and does anybody have a list of what vendors use box elder?..pls....kurt i applaud u,i honestly believe that u have saved some of our lives,this could have been the end of ecig as we know it.

(Him holding a big sale at GV right now is not IMO doing that, knowing GV uses BE nic.)

Slack...nah. Not yet. When the truth does fully come out...maybe. Probably.

Don't rush us or hush us. ;)

Rena Kay,

Your voice HAS been heard. Visit Box Elder Chemical Supply's website and you will see that any nicotine product you click on indicates it is out of stock - has been for days. Visit Gourmet Vapor's website and clearly in white contrasting text on any flavor you click on you will see that they are using nicotine from My Freedom Smokes. I am sure you can contact MFS to verify this. I recall that Kurt raves about MFS's liquid.

You, meaning the community have demanded change much like the current movements in America; you have been heard. Brad WANTS to earn your trust back and is making necessary changes, many of them the result of this forum.

You should all be proud that your voices have created a new era for your industry. Unfortunately, BE was the catalyst for this change. No longer can ANY of your suppliers operate in the dark. Accountability to you all as a consumer force is real and it works. But if you want it to work then you must LET it work. If a company is called to the carpet on some really important issues and they make real changes to fix them then they should be commended for hearing the voices of those who are responsible for their existence. If they fail to do so, they will fail. I have seen what you folks can do as a group.

On the same note, if a company makes the positive changes and they are still driven out this makes for a failed process and you may then be the very destruction of your industry despite your good intentions.

You can believe that BE knows their future if there is another issue like this. To take that a step further, ALL suppliers should know by now that BE blazed this trail and they will all be held to the standards set here. I am with you all that the industry now has a new call to action. But you have got to assure a company that there are good things that come from this community if they respond favorably. I agree that BE should have acted sooner but they have come to realize this and you can be assured they now hold themselves to your high standards.

Nick

kaykay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
concrete jungle
I agree, but I must say

THIS SHOULD GO WITHOUT SAYING. Sure, they might be fixing things, but a few of these are HUGE MISTAKES that should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED.

Saying WHOOPS when it comes to POISON is a serious manner IMHO.
wish i can hit the LIKE button more than once.:toast:

oldsoldier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com

Since this thread has gone very astray and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the important answers I am temporarily closing this thread and "cleaning it up" so that it may be redirected and remain useful. The other option would be to close it completely so that Kurt may start a new thread that will be moderated with an extremely heavy hand...

oldsoldier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
After a discussion of this issue with by moderation team it has been decided to close this thread. If people still want to discuss the Box elder issue they are welcome to do so in another thread. Please be aware that IF kurt reopens a results thread we will monitor it heavily and remove posts that are not relevant to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread