How about some new lavatube discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidTop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
New York City
I bought version 1 soon after it came out and loved it until I had a problem with the switch. After contacting I sent it back, you even found another problem with it that I didn't know I had, and received a replacement within a week and its been great for the past 7 months. Kudos on your great customer service.

I have a few questions on which other batteries might fit.

1) Which of the Panasonic 18650's will fit? I've heard good things about them but there are several different capacities and they make the same battery as a flat top and button top.

2) Can the trust/ultra fires be used?

3) What will the capacity of the AW18700's be?

Thanks and I'll be counting down the days.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
DavidTop,

Sorry to hear you had an issue with your first LT, but glad to hear we got you taken care of and you had a good experience with CS.

Now for your questions:

1) We only recommend the AW IMR 18650's for the LT. I know Panasonic makes a bunch of different 18650's but most of them are protected Li-Ion (ICR) batts. Which have a protection plate built into the battery making them longer and they will not fit right. They also make unprotected Li-Ion batts, which should not be used in ecigs. Always use either protected batts or IMR's which are a safer chem batt.

2) Please refer to the answer to your last question.

3) AW has not released what the mAh of the 18700 IMR will be yet.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
its not like the Tox at all. Other than it is a VV Tube device.

Plus the Tox looks a heck of a lot like our Lavatube 1.0. Which came out long before Vison ever came out with the Tox.

I made the mistake of buying a Tox, bad mistake, cost me nearly $30 to get out of that mess. To me the words Tox and Kalamazoo Vapor shop (my Tox vendor) is an insult to my Eyes/Ears. :(

Errol

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
yes Joe Volcano and Magma Mike personally design the look of it and set out what we want the device to have and send the specs to our manufacturer in China to make them.

We are not releasing who is making them for us, of everyone will be trying to get the new Lavatube from them. But we can say it is not L-rider for the LT 2.0

Neloish

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Well in that case...

tumblr_m63d33kH6H1r2rq11.jpg

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh wow... NOT lrider? I thought it was. My only concern is at some point, I'd hope to see some reviews on previous pvs this company has made, to get an idea of the manufacturers track record and general build quality, just cause the nonsense with the smoking in 'standby' with the v 1.5s and a few other issues with recent clones has me freaked.

nitrojuga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
GA USA
What is the connection like on top? I know it's going to be a 510, but will is be "eGo" adaptable without or with a adapter?

It's going to be a standard 510 connector. They are going to be offering an adapter that makes the connector more like the chrome Lavatube in the near future though.

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread