Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I vape 3mg also, but I go through a lot of e-juice. And I can certainly feel the nicotine. I have been using nicotine for long enough that I don't get a buzz or anything, but I can feel it all day. And I like it. If it is too much for you and you can find 1.5mg then try it. I remember a juice called Royal ....... which came in 1.5mg only. I don't know too many others that come like this. You could dilute it with VG, or just try turning down the watts a big and doing some mouth-to-lung hits like the tootle puffers do. You won't go through as much juice and won't get as much nicotine.

Reactions: Kenna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What effect has vaping had on me?

Well, vaping was the only way I was able to finally stop smoking. I've been smokefree for over 3 years now. I had tried to quit using the nicotine gum & patches, prescription drugs, and even hypnosis over the course of 30 years smoking. All failed miserably.

After starting to vape, I was able to stop smoking within a week's time. I've dropped my nicotine concentration from 18 mg down to 6 mg. I no longer cough up a lung every morning. I no longer stink of cigarettes. My sense of smell and taste have returned to normal. My overall health has improved.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I vape 4mg of my unflavored the majority of times to be completely honest. I don't feel anxious, I feel the opposite. I'm more calm and can concentrate. I think it's how I got through my college semester to complete my associates earlier this month. You could try to tone it down just to see if it helps you. If it's not enough then go back to 3. Curious though, were you a non smoker to begin with?

I personally think vaping isn't 100% safe, but it's much safer than cigarettes. Because of vaping, it saved mine and my father's life (some people here have watched my video on that).

The only side affect I get with vaping is some e-juices (not companies) specific flavors can make me ridiculously sick. Like food poisoning type sick. I can't eat sweets, but some e-juices are very sweet and upset my stomach within minutes.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I see you're 22, and I'm 57, so this will kind of be like comparing apples to oranges (you're the smooth, shiny apple - I'm the wrinkly orange! LOL!), but the effects vaping has had on me are many: I can breathe clearly now, whereas before I got winded easily and sometimes wheezed, especially if I was around dust. I can sleep comfortably, breathing through my nose, instead of being a snoring mouth-breather. My "chronic sinusitis" has disappeared (see previous effect). My muscles don't get tired and burn when I walk too fast. I don't always have to clear my throat all the time. I FEEL BETTER. I'm healthier. I don't smell like a dirty ashtray. My house doesn't smell like a dirty ashtray. There is no more "tobacco litter" in every pocket of every piece of clothing I own. My animals are glad they don't have to breathe smoke-laden air all the time. It's cheaper than smoking (but I don't sub-ohm, so I only use about 5ml of juice a day and I make my own).

So far, I have not found a negative effect, but I guess everything would be positive compared to smoking two packs a day for the last 42 years, huh? ;) Did you smoke before?

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
What effect has vaping had on me?

Well, vaping was the only way I was able to finally stop smoking. I've been smokefree for over 3 years now. I had tried to quit using the nicotine gum & patches, prescription drugs, and even hypnosis over the course of 30 years smoking. All failed miserably.

After starting to vape, I was able to stop smoking within a week's time. I've dropped my nicotine concentration from 18 mg down to 6 mg. I no longer cough up a lung every morning. I no longer stink of cigarettes. My sense of smell and taste have returned to normal. My overall health has improved.

Oh, yeah, I forgot the return of taste and smell! That, too. On the other hand, it would be nice if I wasn't able to smell everything THIS well. Every dog fart is catastrophic now! Before, I hardly noticed them! LOL! I dread the next time one of the dogs gets skunked. THAT was bad before, when I couldn't smell very good!

~Lannie

theddead

running with scissors since 1970
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Oh, yeah, I forgot the return of taste and smell! That, too. On the other hand, it would be nice if I wasn't able to smell everything THIS well. Every dog fart is catastrophic now! Before, I hardly noticed them! LOL! I dread the next time one of the dogs gets skunked. THAT was bad before, when I couldn't smell very good!

~Lannie
Lol.
So stop smoking and enjoy all the smells your dog makes.
Love it!
Only bad thing about vaping for me is the people who stare, and forgetting a spare battery.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Only bad thing about vaping for me is the people who stare, and forgetting a spare battery.
I learned early on not to care about people who stare. Really, why care that they are staring? You're doing nothing bad or illegal, are you? Ignore them or smile at them.

And I learned early on to always carry a spare battery with me when I'm out-and-about.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
And what about A Demon Farting In My E-Liquid

Surely you can smell that. The stench has been permeating the new member forum for a week now.:lol::lol::lol:

PinkCupcake

Aug 27, 2015
Nebraska
I smoked for over 15 years and have been vaping for about a month. I currently vape 12 mg I'm working on getting down to 6 mg. I can already feel my lungs clearing out but I still have a cigarette or two a day.I'm not sure how "safe" vaping is but I'd rather take my chances with vaping than sticking with smoking. I think I'm really close to giving up cigarettes once and for all.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been vaping for just over 7 years & I've had the same positive effects that others have mentioned & no negative ones.

I also wonder if the feelings of being anxious are due to to the e-liquid you are vaping being too low.

Hank813

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
I like to answer that question with the simple facts that are definitely true and also stating that without long term studies that ya we don't know everything yet but it is with out a doubt a way lesser evil then smoking to the point that I've talked to people who were recommended to vaping by their doctors. Nothing is 100% safe but I'm definitely saying that it's 100% better than smoking.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DavidOck

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
And what about A Demon Farting In My E-Liquid

Surely you can smell that. The stench has been permeating the new member forum for a week now.:lol::lol::lol:

Is THAT what that smell is? :lol::lol: OMG, I thought a skunk had walked across the neighbor's field half a mile away (and I'm sure I did smell that skunk half a mile away - that's downright SCARY). On the other hand, my increased sense of smell also allows me to occasionally catch a whiff of that lovely juice sitting in one of my tanks that I only use in the evening for unwinding. I still don't know what it is - it was gifted to me, and I can't find it online - but it smells like flowers, and it puts me in a calm and peaceful state of mind. Perfect for unwinding. But I can smell it and it's IN A TANK, that's not currently on my device! LOL!

~Lannie

Reactions: Susan~S

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
It makes me want to drink more when I'm vaping, hiccup, oh wait, I vape more because I'm drinking.

In all seriousness though, I've not noticed any lasting negative effects thus far, which isn't to say that I won't die next week and find that the PG/VG/Flavorings have coated my lungs and suffocated me in my sleep but at the moment, no negative effects that I can tell.

It's been pretty much all positive so far... I no longer stink like an ashtray all day, my home smells clean without smoking in it, I don't know about taste and smell being different, I think chicken still tastes like chicken like it always has and I could always smell my dogs farts unfortunately.

Well, there is one slight negative, when I vape in an air conditioned car it tends to make my throat all gurgly and I'm constantly clearing my throat. Not sure whey vaping affects me like that but that's what it does (we've not had a really cold enough day where I live to see if it's the same just vaping outside when it's 42° or not).

If you were not a tobacco smoker to begin with then I'd just cut out the nicotine all together, no reason to get hooked on nicotine if you aren't already.

I started on 18 then dropped to 12 as 18 was terrible tasting, then dropped to 6 and now bounce between 6 and 12 depending on the brand as some manufacturers now only produce in 3 and 6 but some of my favorites are still producing in 12mg.

Reactions: khalidmna

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hi guys, I know that there is no conclusive evidence about the effects of vaping, but what effect does vaping have on you? I find that when I vape 3mg liquids quite often, I get anxious at times. Should I scale down on the nicotine?

Anything in excess can become bad for someone.
Parachutes often fail

Moderation is key to life's enjoyable things.

Is vaping Bad - Not for me.
I started on 18mg Nic e-liquids. I now DIY all of my e-liquids @ 3mg. with light flavorings(lighter)
Currently I vape throughout 18hr. days and never seem to suffer any side effects. I breath easier and deeper than the last 10yrs. of a 45 yr. smoking habit and that is a plus in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread