How bad do you think Vaping is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi guys, I know that there is no conclusive evidence about the effects of vaping, but what effect does vaping have on you? I find that when I vape 3mg liquids quite often, I get anxious at times. Should I scale down on the nicotine?

You are a non smoker, of course you will feel something from the drug you are ingesting.

If you drink a double espresso, It might make you anxious, if you don't consume high doses of caffeine ( a drug) regularly.
If you take a few shots of any alcohol, if you are a non drinker, you will feel something.

Are you having your tongue in your cheek?

Cheers
I

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi guys, I know that there is no conclusive evidence about the effects of vaping, but what effect does vaping have on you? I find that when I vape 3mg liquids quite often, I get anxious at times. Should I scale down on the nicotine?

what wattage.

Reactions: AttyPops

stacia719

Aug 21, 2015
Been feeling a lot better physically, which is a huge deal for me because the entire reason I ended up vaping was because I have MS and smoking definitely accelerates disease progression. Is it bad? Probably not 100% risk-free. Is it massively better than smoking? Absolutely. I can hike and kayak for hours - something me as a smoker struggled with. I sleep better and can breathe.

Now, real talk, I vape max VG or VG heavy liquids and have experienced a serious (for me) ezcema flare-up in areas that come in contact with the vapor. (Chin mostly, I suspect dehydration is a factor.) Sometimes my digestive system seems out of control, but nicotine stimulates that kind of thing so it's prob my fault for chainvaping 6mg on a subohm tank. My gums have been extra bleedy which happens with increased circulation after quitting smoking and I've been extra phlegmy - lungs cleaning themselves I suppose. Or I'm a little allergic to PG and haven't had bad enough problems to switch to 100% VG.

I second the idea about upping nic level if you're getting anxious. That's classic nic withdrawal.

theddead

running with scissors since 1970
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I learned early on not to care about people who stare. Really, why care that they are staring? You're doing nothing bad or illegal, are you? Ignore them or smile at them.

And I learned early on to always carry a spare battery with me when I'm out-and-about.

Yeah.
I learned that as well.
Someone's always late though. ...
(Guess who? )
And too many times I've gone out to vape
During break and. ...... no extra batteries.
I think I'm lucky I remember shoes most days.

Reactions: NoFumus

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I vape 3mg liquids quite often, I get anxious at times. Should I scale down on the nicotine?

w/out knowing your previous smoking habit, and how long you've been off cigs, that is very hard to answer.

I was getting anxiety when I first started vaping from too much nicotine, but for others it is brought on by too little.

Depends where you are in the journey, can you tell us?

Reactions: AttyPops

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

95% safer than smoking

Where did that particular statistic come from? Just wondering where the study is. I've seen people use 99%, 95% , 90% and higher and lower.

I have vaped for 3+ years and am unaware of any study that compares, across the board (including flavorings used in the ejuice, amount vaped per day, as well as hardware equipment used) that would indicate an actual % number like that. Dose makes the poison and all that jazz. :)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

Hank813

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Their are some obvious things that are not incredibly healthy to keep in mind. Basically I tried to vape good juice by that mostly I mean the higher vg/pg E juices, I am not against temperature control but with that said and ni200 is pure nickel that is definitely some things to take into consideration since it is one of the top metals that are considered toxic. And yes I am familiar with all the studies on what it takes to release the nickel and your system when using the wire I'm just saying it's something to think about so now I use Titanium if I can or want to use temperature control. I do sometimes still used and I threw hundred and ni200 and nichrome but they are obviously not the best wires to use. they are obviously not the best wires to use. Other than that the only thing I would say do people that are new or just beginning is stay the hell away from the blue e-cigarettes and so-called safe wannabe vape sticks sold at convenience stores because most of those have more chemicals in them then any the juices that most of the Vapors on these forums use.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread