Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
I started out with 18..then moved upto 24 I was scared at first of it being to high..but then i saw places sold it in 36 and 42.

I get ones that are 18 or less from various people..and i notice i have to vape alot more.
My wife shakes her head at me when she see's the vape linger in the room..so at 24 i vape less,so less linger. and less head shakes.
:D

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm not at 0mg.
When I first tried vaping I started at 24mg, too much. I started cutting it down and it was always too much so I quickly got down to 4mg. Even that was too much except for situational vaping where I couldn't smoke.
That cutback was done within a month so I know it's not hard to drop the nicotine fast.

This time around I figured out it was the PG that was the "too much", for some reason it causes panic in me.
18mg was too much but I think that was more of a panic attack thing as I didn't have any OD symptoms. But I was able to OD on 11mg so that's what I went with. Mornings were hard which is what I got and used the 18mg for, it was good for a few puffs. Once mornings got easy I cut the 18mg to 11mg.

Early on this time I was able to throw in 0mg here and there. I decided to give up and get my body used to 11mg. Lately I've noticed I've been cutting back on the vaping. Now after the morning I'm easily able to vape 5.5mg all day.
Right now I have too many small half bottles of 11mg so I've stopped the 5.5mg mix and am trying to use them up. Hopefully with my next order I'll be getting 0mg in the flavors I'm sticking with to go with 11mg in the mornings and 5.5 the rest of the day for a while. Then 5.5mg all the time until I notice I'm no longer chain vaping. Then 5.5 in the morning and 0mg the rest of the day.

The thing I miss in the 0mg is the flavor. The 0mg flavor I have is slight even with the nicotine. But one of the flavors I like has enough that I think it will have something at 0mg as long as I wean myself down to it.

My only reason for at least trying to get to 0nic is because if the FDA regulates anything, it will more than likely be the nicotine and I don't want to be dead in the water for whenever that occurs.

Same here. If I don't need nicotine they can't stop me.

northwestfarmtn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
Tn.
an update.I am at 6 months and stalled out on 3 mg but I only use it once or twice a day some days not at all but it is there for me if I need it. I will find all my other posts and do a recap but as far as I remember I started at 18 and every 2 weeks steped down 12-10-8-6-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 and am now stuck at 3 but like I said I use it so rarely I charge my battery once a month and not because it needs it just because I feel like it should after all that time.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Very cool thread.

I began at 18mg and quit analogs with no problem. Went up to 24mg, simply because i am a throat hit kind of guy. My wife DIYs her juice and she will cut down one milligram of nic per batch of 60mls that she makes, so that inspired me to lower mine as well. Since i vape Bobas Bounty, i am unable to lower by one milligram, so i mixed equal parts of two strengths (24 & 18 to get 21) and so on....24,21,18,15,12,9. I am presently using 9 and i have 6 already in my house waiting for me to finish the 9. You cannot buy Bobas in zero ,so my plan is to do what another member here did......mix pg, vg, cinnamon oil flavor and menthol flavor. He said this mimics throat hit well, even at zero nicotine. I will vape that for a month so that i know i am nicotine free and then decide whether to sell my PVs and stop vaping completely or just vape when i am drinking or around smokers.

Last edited:

ikbtops

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2009
 ̄\_(",)_/ ̄
I used to smoke ultra lights and so I started with low level cartos on Green Smoke batteries. Then I started buying ejuice separately at 8mg, still on the old e9 batteries. After that, I got a 5volt GLV2 and hung in with 8mg. My supplier started only making 14 or 6mg so I stepped down to 6mg. I'm now using a 6volt mod and this week I'm halfing my 6mg with VG to 3mg. My goal is to be nic free by Xmas- if not before. I think when I start ordering 0 nic it will have to be menthol at first . I don't have any real intentions of giving up vaping completely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread