How did your nic level change, from ego to apv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuryFC

Jan 28, 2015
Joplin, MO
I started with 24mg using a free ego that I got from an online vendor. I used that less than 1 day and went to a local B&M and bought a KangerTech Emow kit, which I used for a month or 2 using at first 18mg then down to 12. The emow wasn't doing it for me anymore so I wandered into the world of subohm with a SubTank Mini, first few hits with 12mg and I realized it was waaay to much for me. I went down to 6mg where I have been at for months. Until yesterday. My latest edition is a UWell Black Crown, hitting it with 3mg between 40-60 watts and 450-600 degrees, depending on the mood. 6mg was making me nauseous. The funny thing is I still puff on the old emow occasionally, but I usually end up flooding the poor thing.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
18 mg when I started...that didnt do it for me and I quickly went up to 24 mg....perfect...I still vape 24 mg with higher resistance coils in tanks like the Nautilus or Aerotank when vaping at lower wattage....when I sub-ohm though, with RDA's or subtank style rigs, I drop to 6 mg and that satisfies me... a 2+ pack a day smoker for 33 yrs...

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I started with a basic CE4 clearo and 36mg. Went down to a mix of 21 and 10, end result; 18 or 19. Went up to 24, but I'm vaping less often. I mostly use a V-Spot clearo, I have a 134 mini APV but it's, sleeping, at the moment. I'm not sure when it'll wake up.

Reactions: Super Flex

Spike64

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2013
    Michigan
    Started with 24mgs....and after over a year...got it down to 24mgs.
    Same here...people have different goals....some want to stop smoking and drop their nic level....my goal was simply to stop smoking....mission accomplished...dropping my nic consumption wasnt and still isnt my goal...I've been smoke free, tar free, etc for nearly 3 yrs and have never felt the urge to drop...besides, as a former hotboxing, cig mangling, deep inhaling 33 yr smoker of multiple packs a day, I like the throat hit that higher nic levels offer...I need it to feel satisfied...people seem pretty pleased with dropping their nic...its all good...more power to you if that is your goal....but many people go from a high resistance, low wattage setup to a subohm setup and then pat themselves on the back for dropping nic while not understanding that when you go from something like a Nautilus at 2 ohm and 10 to 12 watts to a Subtank or dripper at .2 ohm and running a much higher wattage level you have to drop your nic level appropriately or you will nic out...you are still gonna get a large dose of nic regardless due to the larger overall volume of juice and nic you are now consuming....its not magical and it really isnt "dropping nic" in a sense...many go from using a few mil a day of juice to consuming entire bottles daily.....you are still getting your nic...a lot of it...

If anyone ever sees me dropping my nic for real, and not just to enjoy a subohm rig, it will because my goal will be to stop vaping altogether and will be weaning myself down to reach that goal.

Reactions: rgerber

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2011
    Sedona, AZ
    I started out with 24mg, a plastic refillable carto and an 808d battery. Then transitioned to eGo battery and 24mg. Then I switched to a ProTank and various 20-40w mods such as the vamo and kbox. I'm now in the process of (vape mail) transitioning to a RBA (SubTank) and expect to drop my nicotine to 12mg give or take.

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
    Nov 12, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I'm in the same boat as most I think. Quit smoking three months ago using 25mg juice, maybe 2-3ml per day. Found after a couple weeks that I could smell and taste things again... Started finding the nic distasteful.

Moved to a Nautilus at 18mg; better, but not there yet.

Subtank, 10mg, 5ml per day... Getting there.

Now I have a slew of dual coil rta units, 5mg juice, about 10ml daily.

In summary, I haven't really changed my nic intake, but I'm enjoying it a lot more. Seems like a fairly natural progression.

Reactions: SpyderBite
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread