How do I check ACTUAL amps on a unmarked battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Thanks for the clarification. I have noticed that when my AboveTEK USB voltage/current monitor is installed inline with a USB charged mod the current load starts out around 800ma and tapers down over the charge duration to less than 100ma before declaring charge complete on the mod.

OTOH, my Efest LUC 4 and my xtar VC4 blur the apparent process by showing real time battery voltage readings during charge. When the voltage reaches 4.2v it's not long before the charger declares charge complete. I assumed that a combination of both current and voltage were used to determine shutoff.

I need to go back and review charger theory. Thanks again for the explanation.

Charge voltage is critical, of course, but since the charger output is set to a fixed 4.2V it never needs to check the voltage of the battery unless that's part of an additional reliability check. The battery will only be able to charge to that voltage so that leaves the charger free to just wait until the battery is saturated to certain point at which the charger turns off.

Reactions: DaveP
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread