how do i clean my Kanger 2.4ml tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srguapo

Nov 11, 2012
lehigh valley PA
What I have been doing is fully disassembling the unit (tank, atomizer, silicone cap, drip tip) and rinsing each out very well with warm/hot water. Usually I spend extra time on the atomizer, and I try to roll the wicks in my fingers to get all the juice out. Once everything is clean, I dry it all very well with a paper towel (squeeze the wicks a few times and they will get mostly dry). Then reassemble.

If a head is very gunky, I will do a dry burn at this point. I generally pulse the battery a few times (careful not to kill the coil), then disassemble and re-rinse the atomizer, dry it off with another paper towel, and reassemble. I have had nothing but fantastic luck with my rotation of T2s, and am still on the original heads for all 5 after 2 weeks.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
You can try three things:

First, and the easiest is to take the little silicone cap that sits on top of the wicks off and turn it around and put it back on. It will then stick to the air tube in the tank, but that's okay. You can still get it off if you don't like it and want to put it back like it was.

Second, you can pull the air tube out of the head (just wiggle it a little while you are pulling) and remove one of the two flavor wicks that are just laying on top of the coil. This you can also put back at a later date if you wish. Don't pull any of the wicks out from inside the coil, though.

Third, you can re-wick the entire thing. This is much more difficult and you may have to go on YouTube to find a tutorial on how to do that.

Try the first two, or a combination of both, first before you try re-wicking.

srguapo

Nov 11, 2012
lehigh valley PA
First, and the easiest is to take the little silicone cap that sits on top of the wicks off and turn it around and put it back on. It will then stick to the air tube in the tank, but that's okay. You can still get it off if you don't like it and want to put it back like it was.

I just got a t3 and this seemed to help. I also flipped the cap back down after turning it over (inside out if you will) and it seems to seal and wick great. I haven't had a single dry hit since, even when pulling 4-5 times back to back.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I love both my t2's and my t3's! My only wish is that I could change the drip tips on them. Currently I put colored electrical tape around the metal tops right below the drip tip so I can tell which flavor juice is in each. I appreciate the discussion on these clearomizers as there isn't much cleaning/tips n tricks discussion that I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread