smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    That sounds about the right time for vapers tongue to set in. But, then, most flavors will be bland.

A lot of juices taste better fresh, then steep into a flavor less exciting. I find that to be true with flavors with a lot of sweetener.

Also, your taste buds might just be bored and need another flavor mixed into the daily rotation.

Reactions: ChelsB

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Some flavors also have a tendency to fade after a few days. Just add 1 or 2% more flavor to see if that adjusts for you.

It may be better to actually mix the flavors for a 15 to 30ml bottle(but only if you are sure you like that recipe) then when mixing use whatever % to mix up your ejuices.( ie. if total flavor for finished ejuice = x%) It actually works very well especially when needing to add more flavor. The %'s in your recipe can be adapted to make a bottle of just the flavoring.
    :)

Str8vision

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    Everyone is different but for me certain flavors become imperceptible after vaping just a few mls, vanilla (my favorite flavor) is one of those. With vapors tongue a juice that is normally vibrant in flavor will suddenly taste like nothing but warm air, you can no longer taste it. Many people rotate several distinctly different flavors of juice to help prevent this.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Everyone is different but for me certain flavors become imperceptible after vaping just a few mls, vanilla (my favorite flavor) is one of those. With vapors tongue a juice that is normally vibrant in flavor will suddenly taste like nothing but warm air, you can no longer taste it. Many people rotate several distinctly different flavors of juice to help prevent this.

For me, it's strawberry that's my favorite that I can no longer taste ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Str8vision

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2016
    Hi ChelsB
    Yes I like strawberry too and it is sad when I can't taste that wonderful flavor. Ever notice how great that first vape of the morning tastes when you take a nice small vape and let it roll about your tongue and drift out your nose?Tastiest vape of the day.

I also like strawberry/kiwi and can buy real juice made from concentrates in the flavor that tastes identical to the vape juice. It always amuses me to drink the real juice then try vaping the ejuice which then has zero noticeable flavor to it.

I've seen folks suggest things like lemon juice, water, vaping flavorless, or simply vaping other flavors as a way of avoiding the dreaded vapor's tongue. I opted for the latter and always have at least 2 flavors with me at all times. Right now here at work I have 5 different flavors on my desk.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Hi ChelsB
    Yes I like strawberry too and it is sad when I can't taste that wonderful flavor. Ever notice how great that first vape of the morning tastes when you take a nice small vape and let it roll about your tongue and drift out your nose?Tastiest vape of the day.

I also like strawberry/kiwi and can buy real juice made from concentrates in the flavor that tastes identical to the vape juice. It always amuses me to drink the real juice then try vaping the ejuice which then has zero noticeable flavor to it.

I've seen folks suggest things like lemon juice, water, vaping flavorless, or simply vaping other flavors as a way of avoiding the dreaded vapor's tongue. I opted for the latter and always have at least 2 flavors with me at all times. Right now here at work I have 5 different flavors on my desk.

I have 3 flavors I alternate: strawberry milk, candy cane and pink spot by pink spot vapors. The pink spot one is the only one I can consistently taste, but it's also the priciest!
    Maybe I need to add another flavor? What are your 5 flavors?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I've been experimenting with some solutions and have found anything that shocks your system with sour or spice seems to get rid of it

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Do you have a specific flavor recommendation? I really don't care for cinnamon, what other spices do you use?

Falco78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    Do you have a specific flavor recommendation? I really don't care for cinnamon, what other spices do you use?

So far I have only tried lemon juice and found a little even in water helps and as far as spices I've used red pepper and a spiced homemade rub that I put on about everything. Anything that's got a real strong taste so far has helped but I just began experimenting today to see what helps

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    So far I have only tried lemon juice and found a little even in water helps and as far as spices I've used red pepper and a spiced homemade rub that I put on about everything. Anything that's got a real strong taste so far has helped but I just began experimenting today to see what helps

Silly me, I thought you meant vaping spice-flavored ejuice. [emoji38]I love spicy food so maybe that will help!

Falco78

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    Silly me, I thought you meant vaping spice-flavored ejuice. [emoji38]I love spicy food so maybe that will help!

Yeah I guess I should have been more clear lol. Yeah so far any foods and drinks with a strong spice or sour taste really seems to help. So far lemon seems to have worked the best

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    The principal fluid that protects taste receptor sites is saliva. Breaks down 'food stuffs' & delivers flavors.
    No saliva, no taste.
    Lemon juice, with a hard wipe with paper does help.
    There are 3 saliva glands, age, calcification, & disase take their toll.

In vaping, the fact that your mouth is dried out, will attenuate taste.
    Anotherwards, if you're drooling your tasting..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread