1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

How do I make my new drip tips fit the vivi nova??

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by jeromeit, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jeromeit

jeromeit Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So I bought some new stainless steel drip tips.. but to my disappointment... they dont really stay in place when i put em on my vivi nova... maybe a thicker o-ring? anyone dealt with this issue before?

2. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I haven't had this issue. I have a steel drip tip on one tank and a delrin on another and they both do fine. Both are 510. I like having different colored tips so I can remember which juice is in which tank.

3. Strigoi

Strigoi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've found it's hit or miss. Some of mine fit tight in a VN while others damn near fall out when you turn it over. I'm not that into aesthetics so I just use the ones that fit properly.

4. jeromeit

weird.. I guess I didnt get lucky lol

5. empot

empot Senior Member ECF Veteran

ahh.. have the same issue with some of my tips. I just use a white teflon tape for plumbing. I just wrap it a few times around the bottom part where the o-ring sits to make a snug fit in the nova. Been using it a few days now without problems even if i drop or put my pv in my pocket sometimes.

6. jeromeit

hmm didnt think of that.. got a ton of those for my aquarium equipment.. thanks!

7. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You know, I just checked my tanks and there is a little play in the steel tip. It doesn't fall off but there's a little wiggle. I wonder if the pocket thing is the big issue. I have an eGo case and always store the novas in there when I'm transporting them. (I'm female and have a handbag.) I've never put them in a pocket. Women's trousers have teeny tiny pockets.

8. jeromeit

yea it fit at first.. then i wiggled it and it came off.. then i stared at it like a monkey with a rock at my office desk at work.. and started to jam it in and wiggle it out thinking that it'll eventually stick... dunno what i was thinking lol... i finally gave up and put the old drip tip on lol... hope no one in the office saw that..

9. empot

empot Senior Member ECF Veteran

@jeromeit - no worries. let me know how it works for you.

@figgy - steel tip in a steel cap... hrm. not sure if pocketing them will present that big of an issue. i can see it getting worse with acrylics as they tend to deform if bent. if it gets too much wiggle, there's always plumber's tape. :)

10. aarond

aarond Full Member

Wish i read this before i placed my order

11. fooey

fooey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hit or miss here as well. I used a tiny bit of tape around the oring for a snug fit. It's not ideal but it works

12. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You could try prying the o-ring off the drip tip that came with the Vivi Nova and swapping it out with the one on your metal drip tip.

13. aarond

aarond Full Member

Guess my ss drip tip will be here in the next week or so. But i have a question. I am using a vmax set at 3.1 together with the VV Nova (resistance 2.4 ohm). As i puff, some of the vapor seems to be caught in the tank and the tank becomes smokey/cloudy. Do you know why this happens?

14. steved5600

steved5600 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So far I've not had a big problem. I had one that was a little lose. You might want to see if you can change the O ring on it with another that fits and see if that helps.

15. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

You can buy drip tip o-rings. I just can't remember the site I saw them on.

16. klynnn

There is a you tube video called Dripn Tip Oring shim that shows how to fix it using thread.

17. Pappy

Pappy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

What's wrong with the drip tip that came with the Vivi Nova? All of my Vivi Novas came with drip tips that fit just perfectly.

I'm a function-over-form guy. I would never swap out the stock drip tip for a pretty but ill-fitting drip tip.

18. klynnn

I just don't know why all those novas don't come with lavender ceramic drip tips, lol

19. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Funny, all My Nova drip tips are stuck in dripping atties, and all my Ming drip tips are stuck in Novas. :lol:

It's always nice to have a good supply of o-rings on hand, but a simple wrap of teflon plumbers tape under the o-ring will tighten the tip up nicely.

20. Sabertooth66

Sabertooth66 Full Member

In my one week experience with the mini vivi nova (LOVE IT) I've noticed that some tips fit better than others. I think the best thing you can do is go to a hardware store and ask them where their O-rings are. I'm sure you can pick up a few extras that will help your tips stay in place better. Might take some trial & error but I plan on doing this next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.