How do I remove the Lone Wulf mod's RDA Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FancyKites

May 24, 2015
I'm not really new to vaping, but I procrastinated learning more about it until recently. That's why I joined this sight and subscribed to various vaping channels on YouTube. I have a couple questions to start from today...

1. What build have you found to personally give the biggest clouds?
2. What is the best wire/cotton to use? Why?
3. Do batteries matter? What's up with the different voltages?
4. I have a lone wulf mod I got recently and i'd like to change the RDA on it but I can't figure out how and google doesn't even know even though i've seen the darn thing in pictures seperated from the little battery rattle control device. How do I do this?

I look forward to learning about my new hobby~ Cheers!

maltbys25

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
orlando fl usa
Hello and welcome to the rabbit hole that is vaping. as to answer some of your questions my favorites set up is dual 24g kanthal 7 Wraps, give me around .3 ohm, great flavor great clouds. I use cotton bacon because for me at lest it is a lot easier to work with and the taste is great. As far as batteries are concerned they absolutely matter. If you are doing sub ohm builds you want to run 30amp batteries, I use Sony vtc5 but since they are so hard to find anymore I would suggest e-fast 35amp cheap and in my experience they work great. As far as the your RDA problem (if i am reading it right) you should just spin it off of the "battery rattle control device" should just be a slandered 510 connection. Well i hope this helps.

Vape on Live on :toast:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

Do batteries matter? What's up with the different voltages?

Most batteries are labeled with their "nominal" voltage. A fully charged battery is 4.2 volts. When a battery is discharged down to 3.5v-3.6v that when I recharge it.

Batteries and their chemistry & CDR/amp (continuous discharge rating) and how low you build are EVERYTHING when it comes safety. Could be the difference between having a great vape or venting your battery or vaping on a "pipe bomb".

The highest CDR of any battery will be a 30A battery (Sony VTC4 is one option). Any battery claiming 35A, 38A,40A, etc is "mislabeled" with the pulse rating. See @Baditude's blog post below on the Purple Efest batteries.

You are going to want a safe-chemistry, high-drain battery with a high CDR. How high? I'll quote @tj99959 as this is the practice I follow with regards to headroom.

"I try to never exceed 50% of the CDR (continuous discharge rating) of a fully charged battery (4.2v). So with a 30A battery, that would be 15A. This Ohm's Law Calculator tells me that a .28 ohm build is as low as I would want to use.

The reason that I place a 50% limit is because as a battery ages the mAh of the battery degrades, as the mAh degrades so does the batteries c rating (amp limit). So down the road, your 30A battery may only be a 15A battery."

Using a 20A battery (Samsung 25R's are my go-to) I would not build lower than 0.4Ω

=======

If you are new to mech mods and rebuildables I highly recommend you spend some time with @Baditude (one of our resident battery/safety experts) and visit his blogs. You are now 100% in control of your own safety (and others around you). Make sure you purchase an ohm reader and a voltmeter or DMM so you can measure your builds, check for shorts and measure the remaining charge on your batteries.

Baditude's Blog - Table of Contents: The blogs that address battery safety, Ohm's Law, CDR (continuous discharge rating/Amps) and how they all work together are detailed below:

BATTERIES

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?
* Another essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.

Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised
* A cautionary blog that reveals that the purple Efest batteries may not have the specifications advertised. Also includes a commentary on "continuous discharge ratings" vs "pulse discharge ratings" of battery specs.

OHM'S LAW

Ohm's Law for Dummies (Vapers)
* My attempt at explaining Ohm's Law in layman terms and how it relates to vaping.

Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
* As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Warning: Includes graphic photos of mod explosions.

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

* RTD Vapor <= has the Sony VCT4's in stock
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics
* Battery Junction**

Note: **Ships to Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread