• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How do they do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
I was checking out some of these folks' ads online….must be the most stressful job ever.

How can you ever know for sure that you aren't being set up in a sting? If I message a seller, how do they know Im a legit buyer and not from the killjoy brigade?

Feel a bit sorry for these guys now…was looking at a tank i wanted and the markup was only $15 over what it normally goes for.

mods: if this is inappropriate, please delete.

Last edited:

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
I was actually wondering about the folks who sell their wares thru the social media channels outside this forum.

But good points on buying and selling here….the thing is, to get verified status, your paypal address must be the same as the address you used to register on this forum. And 99% of Paypal addresses use real names. The minute you send a payment, the buyer would know your name, I guess.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I was actually wondering about the folks who sell their wares thru the social media channels outside this forum.

But good points on buying and selling here….the thing is, to get verified status, your paypal address must be the same as the address you used to register on this forum. And 99% of Paypal addresses use real names. The minute you send a payment, the buyer would know your name, I guess.

Word of caution here...
Our Classifieds Verification is for the privilege to use our Classifieds.
Any attempt to falsify your information will result in not being Verified.
If we find out that you did use false information you will lose your Verification and possibly your membership here.

And there is NO price gouging in ECFClassifieds.

To put it simply, Nope - not gonna have it.

Diki Ding

Moved On
Dec 30, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread