Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Its all based on how much you smoke if you would smoke a pack a day then 18mg or above would be for you. If you smoke only occasionally then maybe a nice 12mg and if you rarely smoke and just want a little buzz then try the 6mg of nicotine these are also represented as %'s sometimes and in this case 2%=24mg about.

I started with 6mg nicotine though i do a pack a day before that.
Since then I have stayed with 6mg as i realize that I chase the flavor more than the nicotine.

At times, I do feel that i am not satisfy with the vape and have to chain vape a little. This must be the nicotine craving I figure.
Maybe i should try 12mg and see how that fare out.

You'd probably do better at 9mg. I also started at 6mg, and was a pk a day smoker, but they were ultra-lights, and I could only smoke them outdoors -- but indoors with a vape in my hand, I tend to vape my face off, as it were. :D After I ditched the smokes I found I needed to go higher, or I just couldn't put the thing down, so I went up to 8mg, then 9mg, and finally 10mg, and stayed there for quite a while -- plus it's easy to mix 10mg juice if you buy 100mg nicotine! But, I was having some problems with my asthma and breathing, and really needed to vape less, so I went up to 11.5mg, and it worked pretty well, to allow me to vape less but remain satisfied. Now I'm going to slowly begin reducing the WTA, from its current 10% of my juice, by 1% a month, until hopefully I can do without it. I had been thinking that maybe I should raise the nic level just a little while doing this, but now I'm thinking that I should instead lower it just slightly, since I might be vaping a bit more as I wean from the WTA.

Andria

I found out the hard way that the 12mg I was using in tanks was a killer for me in a (dripper).
As luck would have it , I was sent a free sample of 0 mg from Mt Baker Vapes and used it in the dual coil (dripper). Now I see how much more flavor there is.
Nobody tells Y this stuff unless U ask or do the research. lOL

STILL KINDA BLUE

Cazzie

Dec 18, 2014
Havant, Hants, UK
Really appreciate both all the advice and all the welcomes, the 10 seems to be doing me fine, went shop today and bought some 12 to try to beat morning cravings, have given in and used last of my baccy although I really didnt enjoy it (ejuice just tastes sooooo much nicer), but have no plans to buy anymore, can already tell a difference in my health, first cold I have had in years that has not gone into a terrible hacking cough within 2 days and have not had to use asthma inhalor once, and sure thats because I am not clogging lungs up more

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I had a cold back in November; my sinuses were as miserable as any cold ever made them, but absolutely ZERO lung involvement -- what a miracle! It still took just as long for my sinuses to feel anything like normal, not even really sure they're there YET... but not sounding like a TB patient for 6 wks was just a godsend.

:thumb:
Andria

tHEhERETIC

Dec 31, 2014
Pohang
Hi! I'm brand new to this forum and have only been vaping a couple of days. Even weirder I'm not addicted to nicotine and don't intend to start. Before vaping I was a cigar smoker with the occasional cigarette for fun or to tamp down allergies.

Just bought two bottles of Leopard liquid (I'm in South Korea) and to the best of my ability to read Korean neither has any nic in it. What I don't understand is why I feel like I've had a nicotine hit after I've vaped. I get relaxed, focused, and get the slightest little thump in my chest. Is there nicotine in my liquid somehow? Is there some other explanation for this?

FYI Leopard Maroon (mixed nuts) and Leopard Orchid (cherry). I also have a tobacco mix by Veil with the recommended nicotine in it, but that's in a completely separate tank and I've only hit that once since I got it.

I just started vaping, I'm about 3 days in, at 12mg, and I smoked about a pack- a pack and a half a day. I'm finding that this level stops me from chain vaping, but still satisfies my cravings. If I chain vape at this level, i tend to feel a 'rush', and have to set it down for a bit. I've also read that the flavor can affect that a lot, also.

Joey Blue

Dec 31, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I just started vaping a week ago Tuesday 23 Dec 2014 . I smoke ultra lights. I immediately decreased my smoking by 50%. My juice is 12 mg 50%VG 50%PG. I thought it might be to high nicotine count, but it seems to be working for me. I usually had smoked 17 or 19 a day, but yesterday I only smoked 2 after a week of vaping. I have an eGo-T . BTW, I have smoked for a little over 40 years. -- I find waking up first thing in the morning I still want or need a cigarette.

BTW I am very ignorant about this new thing in my life. What is "dripping"?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I just started vaping a week ago Tuesday 23 Dec 2014 . I smoke ultra lights. I immediately decreased my smoking by 50%. My juice is 12 mg 50%VG 50%PG. I thought it might be to high nicotine count, but it seems to be working for me. I usually had smoked 17 or 19 a day, but yesterday I only smoked 2 after a week of vaping. I have an eGo-T . BTW, I have smoked for a little over 40 years. -- I find waking up first thing in the morning I still want or need a cigarette.

BTW I am very ignorant about this new thing in my life. What is "dripping"?

With a "dripping atomizer" (RDA), you build and wick your own coil, and drip the juice directly onto the wicked coil; I'm not exactly sure because I don't really prefer this method for anything other than taste-testing, but I think you drip another few drops after every 2-3 hits (which is why I don't prefer it, too troublesome for all-the-time vaping). *Most* RDAs have such wide-open airflow that it's a lot like trying to "smoke a straw" -- quite unsatisfying for anything other than "lung hits" (inhaling directly into the lungs rather than into the mouth first) and cloud chasing. There are one or two RDAs with a tighter airflow -- thank goodness! -- which makes those kinds of RDAs more satisfying, especially for taste-testing -- much easier to simply change a wick than fiddle with filling/emptying a tank when you're just tasting new stuff.

Andria

PS: I had that problem too, in the morning; that first one was the hardest and last one to go -- higher mg nic is very helpful, for the first hour -- also, watch how you draw from the e-cigs -- it really shouldn't be done the same as a cigarette (hard fast inhale straight to the lungs) -- if you take a long slow draw, let it hang around in your mouth and throat before inhaling, and exhale via the nose, you'll get a LOT! more nicotine absorption; nic absorption from vapor mostly takes place in the mucous membranes of the mouth, throat, and nasal/sinus tissues, rather than the lungs. Once I corrected my method, I was *finally* able to abstain from the morning smoke, and that was my first smoke-free day. It also takes a little longer for nic absorbed this way to reach the brain, so it does take a little patience, but with the slower technique and higher nic, completely possible.

Last edited:

Joey Blue

Dec 31, 2014
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Andria

PS: I had that problem too, in the morning; that first one was the hardest and last one to go -- higher mg nic is very helpful, for the first hour -- also, watch how you draw from the e-cigs -- it really shouldn't be done the same as a cigarette (hard fast inhale straight to the lungs) -- if you take a long slow draw, let it hang around in your mouth and throat before inhaling, and exhale via the nose, you'll get a LOT! more nicotine absorption; nic absorption from vapor mostly takes place in the mucous membranes of the mouth, throat, and nasal/sinus tissues, rather than the lungs. Once I corrected my method, I was *finally* able to abstain from the morning smoke, and that was my first smoke-free day. It also takes a little longer for nic absorbed this way to reach the brain, so it does take a little patience, but with the slower technique and higher nic, completely possible.

I always draw smoke into my mouth and then inhale .. I think I am doing it right. I checked my local smoke shop and they only have 12 mg and 24 mg .. I have the 12 mg e-juice. I think 24 mg might be too strong for my morning wake up vape. What do you think?? - I always smoked lights or ultra lights. They do have tanks for sale for about $4.50 for use with the higher nic, I could use just for mornings.

Joey --- Thanks for your response .. :)

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
I always draw smoke into my mouth and then inhale .. I think I am doing it right. I checked my local smoke shop and they only have 12 mg and 24 mg .. I have the 12 mg e-juice. I think 24 mg might be too strong for my morning wake up vape. What do you think?? - I always smoked lights or ultra lights. They do have tanks for sale for about $4.50 for use with the higher nic, I could use just for mornings.

Joey, what you can do is buy a 12 mg and a 24 mg of the same flavor and mix them together. You will end up with 18 mg. You can also vary the ratio of each to get what you are looking for.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

Yeah I think the 24mg would probably make you nauseous, but you could get some of that and just mix a little of it with your 12mg to make it a bit stronger. I was an ultra-light smoker myself, and at first, 12mg made me a bit queasy -- except first thing in the morning! :D Now I vape about 11mg, but I don't chain vape as I did at first.

It's not so much drawing into the mouth first, though that's definitely part of it -- but let it hang around there and in the throat, and exhale it via the nose; THAT is where you get the most efficient nicotine absorption. I always did mouth-to-lung too, but with a cigarette, the inhale to the lungs happens pretty quickly and sharply, whereas a slower pace works better with vapor, so that the mucous membranes have a good window to absorb the nicotine, before it's drawn into the lungs and exhaled -- and exhale slowly, too.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread