Status
Not open for further replies.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Sounds like you are not getting enough juice on the coil. Take a look at the picture in this picture, about half way down the page, should show a break out of all three components. Just making sure you have the right piece that you are dripping into as the atomizer and the cartridge should be separate. If you do not have three pieces then you probably have a battery and a cartomizer. You can't really drip into a cartomizer as it requires the batting to be wet(someone correct me if I am wrong here). Looking inside the atomizer you should see something similar to this. That is what you want to drip onto.

As I said before, put 3-4 drops on that, then wait 30 seconds or so and add 2-3 more drops. Put a drip tip on the atomizer and puff away for about 5-10 puffs.

I hope this helps. It took me a while to figure out allot of this stuff.

Hey Chatter, thanks a lot!

Okay, I am doing it right. Those pictures confirmed it. I dripped 4 drops and waited 30 seconds like you said and added 3 more drops. Then I tried three different tips, and it all tasted good the first 2 drags, then it tasted like burned plastic. I tried 1) An empty cartridge, 2) A rubber tip, and 3) The little white tip from a cartomizer.

Maybe I should clean the atomizer out.
Sandy

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Add another drop or two if you taste the burnt after the first couple of puffs. The atomizer holds a little bit more liquid. If it leaks a little, that is fine, as long as it does not feel sluggish. The burnt taste is how most of us drippers know when to add more. Some atomizers have found a way to give you an empty taste instead of burnt wick, but that is another topic for another day.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Have an extra one or two on hand in case you pop one. Good idea anyways. How many puffs depends on allot of factors, the range is from 5-20 from what I have seen here and how much juice your attie takes, and voltage and how long you hold the button down. So it get complicated, just play with it for a little bit and you will get a feel for it in time. When you start losing flavor and vapor put a couple more drops in and continue. if the pull get really sluggish and your battery is not dead and allot of juice comes out, take off the atomizer and blow it out and start all over again. Took me a week to really get the hang of it and then I cheated and got a drip shield.

Hopes this helps a little.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
If you are dripping with the atty on the battery, check to make sure you aren't putting too much in, take off atty and look to see if your battery is wet. I did that with my first (thank goodness) gas station cheapo, and fried the battery, but yours should be sealed, so would only make a mess :)

That happens fro time to time, just wipe it out with a q-tip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Thanks, that really helped! I wonder if a drip shield will fit a Kgo, it looks like they are not for the 510

You can get a sealed 510-510 adaptor from avid vapor or empire mod that will make it tall enough. If you drip allot it is a nice thing to have. The ego/kgo work well with them and any 510 threaded device. I have 2 I use on my silver bullet and previously on my egos. You wont be able to use the cone though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread