How does a drip tip work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude, you have been doing this a long time! When exactly was the era before cartomizers? And the drip atomizers were not rebuildable?
I began vaping over 3 years ago (April 2012).

When I started vaping there were cartomizers, drip atomizers, and the first generation clearomizers. The clearos were all disposable ("Stardusts"), and replaceable coil heads were only a pipe dream. They were all made of plastic, no glass or metal.

Before my time, people were making the first cartomizers with existing drip atomizers and using the blue foam filter material used for aquarium filters as the wick material. Cartotanks were fashioned from plastic medical syringes before they were factory manufactured. The first factory-made cartotanks were made by Smoktech, made of plastic, and were a huge upgrade over the clearomizers at the time. When thefirst glass cartotanks became available not long after I began vaping I jumped on them and used them exclusively for two years.

Rebuildable atomizers first appeared about two years ago. I tested the waters with a Genesis-style RTA, but found it to have major drawbacks and continued to use my cartotanks. About a year ago I received a Kayfun-style RTA and liked it much better. I've been rebuilding exclusively for about a year now.

Last edited:

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk
All of the atomizers there are 510. I recently picked up an authentic velocity, samurai bonzai, and hastur from those vendors at a Harrogate ecig expo.
It's the dripping one I want think I am confused lol. Would be able to get a link for me. I just want one where I can try different flavours by putting a few drops on

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
Ok so I have a Smok 1300 vv battery...I am looking at this as a possibility Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm
But since I know nothing really about any of this, would this atty work well with my max VG juice? Also...when these eventually blow do you simply just buy a new one? They are $6 and for me being a light/medium vaper they may be a good deal for being at home and trying it out. It doesn't say rebuildable so I am assuming you just buy a new one and keep going. Gee...ya'll are bringing me to the dark side. The force is strong. Ya I'm a nerd I know. I blended some Oklahoma drawl and a Star Wars reference into one, clever Clo.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Ok so I have a Smok 1300 vv battery...I am looking at this as a possibility Empiremods Bridge Free LR510 1.8ohm
But since I know nothing really about any of this, would this atty work well with my max VG juice? Also...when these eventually blow do you simply just buy a new one? They are $6 and for me being a light/medium vaper they may be a good deal for being at home and trying it out. It doesn't say rebuildable so I am assuming you just buy a new one and keep going. Gee...ya'll are bringing me to the dark side. The force is strong. Ya I'm a nerd I know. I blended some Oklahoma drawl and a Star Wars reference into one, clever Clo.
Its got good reviews, and for that price you might as well try it out. Max VG works best with RDAs, but I'm not sure how far or committed into this vaping pastime you want to go...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This should work well for your application. It will be compatible with your current battery. It appears to come with its own drip tip.

These are considered to be disposable, but you can extend their life by dry burning the coil when it accumulates gunk from the burnt juices. Just pulse burn the coil (without e-eliquid) for a few seconds by pressing the fire button on your battery, blow on it to remove ashes from the coil, and pulse it again until it appears clean from gunk. Some people also soak the atomizer in alcohol (vodka) or boil it in water (allowing it to dry before using it again). I've gotten as long as 3 months use out of a 510 drip atomizer.

Last edited:

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Oh I don't want a rebuildable one just one of the basic 510 atomizer was told about them before I just can't find them. Sorry for the confusion
A dripper that is not rebuildable is very uncommon. I don't think you will find one from a UK vendor. Predominantly, the vapers who want to be dripping are into vaping as a hobby and do not want disposable atomizers.

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
Ha ha, not sure yet myself how fancy I want to get. I'm going to try the juice out with my nautilus mini first and see if it will work at all, maybe try a little distilled water in it to thin it out if needed, and if that doesn't work well then I believe I will try this dripping business. I just bought the juice not even thinking about my set up which was dumb, but oh well too late now!

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
This should work well for your application. It will be compatible with your current battery. You'll need a replaceable drip tip to place on the atomizer.

These are considered to be disposable, but you can extend their life by dry burning the coil when it accumulates gunk from the burnt juices. Just pulse burn the coil (without e-eliquid) for a few seconds, blow on it to remove ashes, and pulse it again until its clean. Some people also soak the atomizer in alcohol (vodka) or boil it in water (allowing it to dry before using it again). I've gotten as long as 3 months use out of a 510 drip atomizer.

Sweet! That sounds like something I can handle! Lol. Thank you for the info I appreciate it! I bookmarked the link so I may give it a whirl, i have a couple of Evod 2's that have the drip tips I may steal off of them since I don't use them anymore. Hopefully those would work.

Reactions: Baditude

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
Sweet! That sounds like something I can handle! Lol. Thank you for the info I appreciate it! I bookmarked the link so I may give it a whirl, i have a couple of Evod 2's that have the drip tips I may steal off of them since I don't use them anymore. Hopefully those would work.

For the EmpireMod model I mentioned above do I need some kind of connector for it to attach to the battery? It says it has an unsealed bottom connection, and I see you can purchase a drip shield for it too. Or this would just hook right up to my battery fine with no additional parts needed (other than maybe a drip tip)? This is all a little intimidating to me, BUT since this is disposable I think it may be a good start/intro to dripping. Lol. I just saw from the first video the guy put like a beauty ring or connector on his so I wasn't sure about this Empire atty needing that.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
For the EmpireMod model I mentioned above do I need some kind of connector for it to attach to the battery? It says it has an unsealed bottom connection, and I see you can purchase a drip shield for it too. Or this would just hook right up to my battery fine with no additional parts needed (other than maybe a drip tip)? This is all a little intimidating to me, BUT since this is disposable I think it may be a good start/intro to dripping. Lol. I just saw from the first video the guy put like a beauty ring or connector on his so I wasn't sure about this Empire atty needing that.
It has 510 threading, so it will screw onto any battery mod with 510 connector. The beauty ring is just so it doesn't look quite so strange since the device is such a small diameter and almost any mod is going to be larger than this.

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
It has 510 threading, so it will screw onto any battery mod with 510 connector. The beauty ring is just so it doesn't look quite so strange since the device is such a small diameter and almost any mod is going to be larger than this.

Great, thanks! Ok I think I've asked all my questions. Think I'm going to give it a try :)

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
Whole-e-sh**

Just tried my new atomizer from Empire mods. Wow. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing but I can hardly handle it, there's almost too much flavor! I seriously gagged my first try. This is much much much different from what I'm used to, LOL!!! I only put in two drops so I didn't flood it, and seems good, no leaking or flooding. Using the Max VG juice. But yeah, need to get to where this doesn't kick my .... when I vape it. So with two drops I should maybe get 5+ hits, and when it needs more juice does it just start to taste burnt or just no more vapor? Oh gross, never mind, about the fifth hit here just taste like burnt .... Ok got it. I will experiment, maybe do three drops, see how that goes. Right now I can't even inhale, it kicks my .....

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hopefully you blew out the liquid preservative pre-loaded in the drip atomizer before you put in your first e-liquid. Watch the videos above.

I always used 4 - 5 drops of e-liquid each time I added more juice. I got maybe 5 - 6 draws from that amount.

Most drip atomizers are in the 1.5 ohm range, which might appear to vape a little harsh or warm to someone more used to a standard resistance clearomizer (2.0 - 3.0 ohm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread