How Easy Was Switching to a Tobacco Alternative??

How easy was it to quit smoking by switching?

• Switched by accident, wasn't even trying.

• Took a little effort, but I did switch.

• Took a lot of effort, but I did switch.

• I have not switched altogether, but I'm working on it.

• I have no intention of ever giving up smoking.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
I quit rather easily, after my first fill of a cheap e-go from a convenient store I never touched another cigarette. The main problem I had in the beginning was I would constantly go to grab a cigarette when I had a craving, and it always took a little effort for me to grab the e-go instead.

Now it's been almost 3 months, and I know with absolute certainty I will never take up smoking analogs again, even if for some reason they stopped making/selling/allowing e-cigs.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
So at just past a month smoke free I tested something i had heard about. That being take a puff off an analog & see what you think.

So was hanging w a friend who smokes the brand I used to. Took a puff.. tasted good on the inhale (camel menthol lights.. so pretty much just menthol) the exhale however was awful. I literally grimaced.. immediately grabbed my drink which was empty.. wasted no time & grabbed another.. then started vaping like crazy.. even petted my mvp ala gollum stroking his 'precious'

I can has tapatalked this.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
I had to vote for the accidental option, although I would actually call it "Unintentional" quitter.
Though the very first time I bought an e-cig, a miserable cig-a-like, I had every intention of quitting... wasn't even close. That was back in June 2010.
I absolutely loved smoking... and I seriously never "wanted" to quit, I just knew it would be the right thing to do. I needed the cigarettes, but I loved cigars and an occasional pipe loaded up with some Black Cavendish, especially cherry when I had the time to dedicate to the ritual. Loading and tamping a pipe was something I looked forward to.
I would continue to smoke in the company vehicles knowing full well it was against policy. I revisited vaping with a Joye 510 manual 3-piece kit, battery with the atomizer and the "cart". I used it primarily for work to avoid any more hassle about the smell in the vehicles and on myself. Day 3 and I wasn't even reaching for the smokes anymore so I just stopped carrying cigs with me during the day.
I never did have that anticipated evening smoke after work and I never looked back.
Haven't fired up any tobacco since February 2012 and I've never been happier.

jjordan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Fairbury, Nebraska
I used cigarettes and an e-cig at the same time at first because I just couldn't stop smoking completely, then all the sudden the more I vaped the more disgusting the cigs tasted the less I smoked. So at first it took a little effort and once I made a hobby out of collecting e-cigs and tanks and stuff it became fun and now I have absolutely no problem keeping a full pack of cigs in my purse without smoking them. My husband bought them for me because he thought that e-cigs were bs and couldn't help you quit smoking until I bought him one and he started vaping and slowed way down on smoking and is smoking less and less due to having the e-cig I bought him and the backup he bought himself. He gets mad at me for how much money I spend on all of my e-cigs and supplies but I can guarantee it is a lot less than he spends on his two pack a day habit with his stinkies! So I say we are fair! Besides I work for my money and don't spend his money so why should he ....., seriously?!?

Last edited:

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
I stumbled into a local B&M shop with bronchitis from being with other smokers for a holiday adventure. Got an ego and an evod tank; the next week, without antibiotics, I walked back in to thank the guy who sold them to me. My lungs were clear, my sinuses were clean, I was breathing through both nostrils regularly after years of perhaps one at a time. Being that sick made it easier to forget about the cigs and just vape for my nic cravings. My voice was clear, and I wasn't coughing, not even the half coughs that come from smoking irritation.

It helped a great deal to be sick when I was quitting; by the time I tried lighting up again my taste buds had recovered enough to utterly reject the concept. Had I not begun vaping, chances are very good that like every other winter of my smoking lifestyle, I would have been on antibiotics, then spent a very harsh winter of relapses; that was the pattern every year for as long as I smoked.

So I vote with very little effort; once opened to the solution, I followed it with relative ease. There are a few black letter days, desperately just wanting to actually smoke a cigarette, that ended each time in violent physical reaction to attempting to smoke.

Five days after I began to vape, my regular cigarette order of 4 cartons arrived. I have 3 cartons, 9 packs, and 7 cigarettes of that left, to remind me just what it truly cost every time I restocked. There is no desire to smoke any of those cigarettes now, at all.

dahlialady

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Montreal
I stumbled into a local B&M shop with bronchitis from being with other smokers for a holiday adventure. Got an ego and an evod tank; the next week, without antibiotics, I walked back in to thank the guy who sold them to me. My lungs were clear, my sinuses were clean, I was breathing through both nostrils regularly after years of perhaps one at a time. Being that sick made it easier to forget about the cigs and just vape for my nic cravings. My voice was clear, and I wasn't coughing, not even the half coughs that come from smoking irritation.

It helped a great deal to be sick when I was quitting; by the time I tried lighting up again my taste buds had recovered enough to utterly reject the concept. Had I not begun vaping, chances are very good that like every other winter of my smoking lifestyle, I would have been on antibiotics, then spent a very harsh winter of relapses; that was the pattern every year for as long as I smoked.

So I vote with very little effort; once opened to the solution, I followed it with relative ease. There are a few black letter days, desperately just wanting to actually smoke a cigarette, that ended each time in violent physical reaction to attempting to smoke.

Five days after I began to vape, my regular cigarette order of 4 cartons arrived. I have 3 cartons, 9 packs, and 7 cigarettes of that left, to remind me just what it truly cost every time I restocked. There is no desire to smoke any of those cigarettes now, at all.

I too had my typical fall/winter bronchitis (about 6 weeks in) when I bought my starter kit. It too was gone within a week of vaping. Been great since then! I too went back to my B&M and thanked them like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread