How Easy Was Switching to a Tobacco Alternative??

How easy was it to quit smoking by switching?

• Switched by accident, wasn't even trying.

• Took a little effort, but I did switch.

• Took a lot of effort, but I did switch.

• I have not switched altogether, but I'm working on it.

• I have no intention of ever giving up smoking.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I'd tried to quit every now and then for 40 years but never lasted longer than 3 months. I went to buy my usual carton of Marlborough and on a whim picked up a cigalike and just one packet of cigs. Never smoked the cigs, immediately went online and ordered a V2 kit - and never smoked that packet of cigarettes. It was amazingly easy - I wasn't even trying. And I haven't for one minute since that day on December 5, 2013 wanted to smoke.

For me it really happened by accident, with no intention to quit smoking. Just wanted to see if I could vape from time to time instead of smoking. After my first vape, I did not experience any desire to smoke.
I like vaping a lot. I am currently using 12mg nicotine. I may want to reduce the nicotine level eventually, but I see no reason to ever quit vaping

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I enjoy vaping way too much. Always buying the next best thing to make my vaping more fun.
For me it really happened by accident, with no intention to quit smoking. Just wanted to see if I could vape from time to time instead of smoking. After my first vape, I did not experience any desire to smoke.
I like vaping a lot. I am currently using 12mg nicotine. I may want to reduce the nicotine level eventually, but I see no reason to ever quit vaping

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I used to think that way but the smell has gotten way too bad for me. Vaping only home here. Smokers can take it outside.
A social note: although I am starting to find the smell of tobacco smoke unpleasant, I have some friends who are still smokers and they are welcome to smoke at my place.

dapigg

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Acworth, GA, USofA
I had been a smoker for roughly 27 years. I had tried gum, patches, lozenges, prescribed drugs, cold turkey, and even a cessation group through my Doctor's office in the past but only 3 days after purchasing an EGo starter kit I began to hate the way my old two pack a day menthol cigarettes tasted... so I quit. Still getting my nicotine fix but I smell, breathe, sleep, and feel a whole lot better.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
I was a two pack a day smoker the last 10, and I was smoking for about 40. Started experimenting at age 13. I smoked 3 stinkies total once I bought a ego twist and evod tank. Haven't had a stinky in 13 months. The patches and gum never worked. I smoked while doing them. Wilburton sort of helped but went back to smoking in 2 days. Long live the APV and ejuice.

dogmanactual

Verified Member
May 14, 2014
United States
i drive a cab full time. a few years back, my city put the nix on smoking in a cab, they said, 'no more'.
having to park somewhere, jump out and smoke a cigarette ever 30 minutes or so was a nightmare, i was doing almost as much smoking as i was actually working.
so i grabbed a dinky disposable e-cig from a convenience store. my productivity shot WAY up, my company has no problem with drivers vaping in the taxi. so i was on those for a month or so.
then, i went full in and got an ego type setup with a kanger mini, which led to a vamo with a kanger aero, which is leading to a mechanical and rebuildables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread