How Engaging Do You Find E-Liquid Shop Staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisC76

Aug 26, 2016
Hello guys,

Recently have got into vaping and lucky for me there are three vaping stores in my town centre.

So I have experienced different levels of customer service.

Whilst all three shops have a lot of staff they often seem unsure or not fully engaged.

Just wondering what's everyone experience like with e-liquid shop staff - from your experience do they know their stuff and have they made satisfactory recommendations or they don't seem too sure? Obviously it can be tricky for a lot of them but surely they would be more knowledgeable and clued-ed up.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Not every employee is gonna know what every juice tastes like,
there are far too many flavours to try and to remember the flavour profile of. Also if they found a juice unimpressive or forgettable they may be reluctant to give you their personal opinion as taste is somewhat subjective and they may not want to turn you off a juice you might really like (but they don't).

The result may seem like they are detached or uninformed.
If they ask what types you like vaping now and give a recommendation or 2, I believe they're doing their job.
If they do not even ask you what you like? They are not! imo.
If there is no tester bar buying liquid is always a crapshoot.
If a guy tells you a juice is great and you do not like it, it reflects badly on him, while in reality you just have different tastes.
Cheers.

Reactions: Rickb119

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
I have four or five shops in the city in which I work. I can sadly say I will never go back to any of them because the dummies who work there are useless. They spend more time telling customers how awesome the gear they're using is the best and putting down other gear they feel is inferior. I've had employees at every store tell me how "I get a discount and pay a lot less, so I bought...". The fact that at each store, the employees spend more time talking to each other and doing cloud tricks than they do with customers is also a turn off for returning. If they do cloud tricks instead of answering questions, I'm out.

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
There is one near me that has an amazing staff but they really push their devices and claim they are better than anything else. The staff though is friendly and really knows the juices they sell.

There are 3 other ones I've been to locally and the staff was very standoffish and seemed to not care if they got my business or not.

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Most of the B&Ms I frequent really know their juice. They should as it likely brings in 70-80% of their profits.

Rarely have I recieved the deer in the headlights stare from a worker in a B&M if I tell them
roughly what's I am looking for (dessert, fruit, etc.).

Usually they are out to lunch more re:hardware IME.

Reactions: Mr Fidget

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
When I read your question I had to chuckle to myself as it reminded me of when I first went into the one and only vape shop in the town I live closest to.

Back in the summer when I was new to vaping, I went in to buy some coils and I saw they only sold their own custom line of juice. I asked the lone guy behind the counter if they had mango to which he replied "yes".

"Is it any good?", I ask.

His reply?

"I dunno... I don't vape".

LOL True story!!!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
When I read your question I had to chuckle to myself as it reminded me of when I first went into the one and only vape shop in the town I live closest to.

Back in the summer when I was new to vaping, I went in to buy some coils and I saw they only sold their own custom line of juice. I asked the lone guy behind the counter if they had mango to which he replied "yes".

"Is it any good?", I ask.

His reply?

"I dunno... I don't vape".

LOL True story!!!
Too funny.

I went to a huge vaping show in Toronto earlier this year and loved seeing the owners/employees from various booths outside smoking cigarettes. Dozens of them in their new logo-ed vape company shirts smoking.

I don't care if anyone smokes, but don't own a vape juice company or B&M and do it in public at Canada's biggest vape expo!

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Too funny.

I went to a huge vaping show in Toronto earlier this year and loved seeing the owners/employees from various booths outside smoking cigarettes. Dozens of them in their new logo-ed vape company shirts smoking.

I don't care if anyone smokes, but don't own a vape juice company or B&M and do it in public at Canada's biggest vape expo!

Ahhhhh.... they must be still weaning themselves off the stinky-sticks....

.... but probably not. ;)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I had the one guy at a shop keep interrupting our chat to impress me with vapeTricks. If I was 14yrs old it mightve been ok, but I'm not. Both my local shops were fine tho. Lack of knowledge about batteries abound, but I may have more knowledge than necessary regarding them :). At their worst, if they help someone that can't use a computer, I'm all for it And don't care what they do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread