How far down do you vape them?

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by RDBJ, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RDBJ

RDBJ Full Member

On a non refilled cartomizer, i've noticed at a point the flavor begins to taste, a bit burnt. So at what point do you guys take the thing off and toss it? When no more vapor comes out, or the moment it begins to taste burnt?

2. MeMa

MeMa Super Member ECF Veteran

Did I read that you bought e-juice? you should add more e-juice when you start to notice that flavor change. There are some good posts here on how to do that, make sure you check out Taryn's post too.

3. leeshor

leeshor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Personally I have only let 1 cart burn and I don't want to go there again. At the point of no vapor you are at or beyond salvaging the carto. If it didn't taste burned then it shortly will.

But I don't toss them "out" I refill them. When the vapor starts to get low I refill. Takes practice to get to that "just right" point.

4. RDBJ

RDBJ Full Member

nagh, im to lazy to refill them, and there cheaper than cigs anyway. But I have two small children and wouldn't feel safe having liquid nicotine in the house. I was just curious what people do about the flavor change on standard cartomizers.

5. nightwalker83

nightwalker83 Moved On

i'll vape it till it starts to taste burnt and most of the flavors gone, then chuck it out. i dont do the whole topping up with juice thing, i dont want little bottles everywhere with my cats climbing all over my desk i could just see something disasterous happening.

6. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

If your not refilling,then vape them dry,it doesnt matter if you ruin them,just throw them out.

7. BohNeR

BohNeR Full Member ECF Veteran

Try to refill them before you get to the burnt taste... They last a lot longer that way.
    Then, I'll only add only 10 or so drops, its worked for me so far :D.

8. MeMa

MeMa Super Member ECF Veteran

If you don't want to keep nic juice in the house, you can add a little glycerin to help them last longer.

9. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

My friend with small kids puts her juice in a lock box. You don't refill like you do with carts..once or twice a week after the kids are in bed is enough..then lock it away again!

Mema..good idea with the glycerin..and it's a lot safer!

10. Katmar

Katmar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have a whole drawer full of old carts from back in the day when I first discovered ecigs. Didn't know better, so vaped til they tasted burnt. But I held on to them because I kept thinking and wondering if I could have recycled them or something. I tried to refill one, tasted awful, stuck it in the same drawer. Moral of my story is, I just KNEW something more could be done with them!!! Besides taking up space.
    And I learned it all here......

11. Adrenalynn

Adrenalynn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I have a Jack Russell Terminator - errr - Terrorist - errr - Terrier. I keep mine in the safe. He hasn't shown any interest, but better safe than sorry. So far he's always managed to get into, either cleverly, or by brute force, everything I've tried to keep him out of - but the floor safe does seem to be beyond his capacity for trouble. :)

12. dohsma

dohsma Vaping Master ECF Veteran

That's funny, we have 2 Lhasas, who usually get into most everything, and thus far they have shown no interest in any of my ecig suppliers. Still.... better safe than sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.