Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
8 days now and counting stink free . I'm getting some strange dreams last night I was being chased by cigarettes with two legs nuts. I got a new e cig yesterday more strength so now I have two I'm feeling strong, btw after 8days am I passed the worsed ie detox and such

Cheers
Mark

Lol @ the dream. That's cute.

Anyway, you will probably fight the desire for a cigarette for a little while. It gets less and less the longer your completely away from cigarettes, actual detox probably took me a month, and the psychological aspects another two months to really be completely free - however, I was completely done with cigarettes after two weeks of being away from them, if that makes sense... at the point I was vaping exclusively for two weeks there was no longer the danger of returning to smoking, at least for me.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
:|Been getting slight twitches in my chest and ever so slight feelings woudnt call them pains but ? Bit paranoid

I wouldn't worry about it, probably just a symptom of nerves coupled with something new your lungs are adjusting to.

Give it a little time, unless it's severe or worsens.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I have though been coughing up yellow n mainly brown stuff most days so far didn't always smoke 5-8 a day like said I'd smoke more at weekend and during stressful situations. Up until 4 years ago I would smoke maybe 12 a day

That's a good thing then as far as you coughing up gunk.. the more I got out of my chest the better I was able to breathe..

Try some exercise too, that will help your lungs get in better shape and heal faster.

Do you have a doctor? Some of your worries and fears can be alleviated by speaking with your doctor.. I made the switch to vaping on my doctors recommendation, and if I had concerns I could always talk to him.. it was comforting really, just to know from my doctor that this or that was normal, etc.

Mark Proctor

Sep 10, 2017
Aberdeen
Cheers I'll talk to doc next week, on exercise I did very little before apart from my work. I have a high metabolism keeps me at normal-ish weight :) my apartment is 4 storeys up and walking up stairs now even though there is a lift and not out of breath when i walk up the stairs now, sometimes walking up them before I quit death sticks I'd get out of breath a bit not now.. yussss

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Cheers I'll talk to doc next week, on exercise I did very little before apart from my work. I have a high metabolism keeps me at normal-ish weight :) my apartment is 4 storeys up and walking up stairs now even though there is a lift and not out of breath when i walk up the stairs now, sometimes walking up them before I quit death sticks I'd get out of breath a bit not now.. yussss

Having a good metabolism doesn't preclude needing some exercise for the health of your lungs and cardiovascular system.

Walking up those stairs is good.. :)

You can always add some cardiovascular exercise and just increase your caloric intake. (I know it's often easier said than done when you have a high metabolism! But, it can be done)

Glad to hear your breathing is improving!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say the pains might be related to your lungs clearing out gunk from smoking. Vaping is a big adjustment, but if they continue you might talk to your physician.

One of my primary care docs vapes and he's really helpful for "what should I be worried about." My other doc is not a vaper but he FULLY supports my switch to vaping. It is really great to have vaping physicians, not just for me, but for *them* too, LOL, it's not fun to be a smoker and work in the health field, it really makes one feel *awful*, even though I always told the kids I worked with that I wished I never started, they *knew* and now I'm glad to be a GOOD example.

Heh, One nurse practitioner at my PCP office used to be really nice, until she quit smoking cold turkey. There's no talking to her about vaping, LOL, we mutually agreed not to "see" each other anymore when I told her my main doc there supported my reducing smoking and switching to vaping and she accused me of lying. I was pretty much done with her, then. :)

Anna

Mark Proctor

Sep 10, 2017
Aberdeen
I have to say I'm very inexperienced with vaping e cigs I don't know what all the V.G and other abbreviation means.

The new e cig I got gives more vapour and feels strong. I'm only on 6 mg nic. Also I'm very dehydrated even though Ive been drinking more water always waking up during night for a pee. Also I'm constipated.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Check out some of the posts in the New Member information, they'll provide a lot of the info you need. New Members Information There are pinned threads in there that can get you started. And, I'm quite sure Brother Bob will be along at some point to provide you with more helpful links.

Hope you get vaping going smoothly for you soon!

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Also my e liquid doesn't last as long in my new e cig.

Muscles cars have awesome power but when taking off from the starting line you can watch the gas needle just drop.

Well, in the instance of e cigarettes, your juice (aka e liquid) is your gas. The more power you put to it, the more you will consume of your e liquid.

Just find a happy place where your getting enough power to satisfy your cravings for a cigarette, and realize that is the amount of e juice you will be consuming. We are all different in this regard, I think average is anywhere from 5-7 ml per day, but some go through less and others quite a bit more. (I've seen some people say they go through upwards of 15 - 20 ml per day)

If you find buying e juice is too expensive for you, you can always make your own -but that's a subject for another day when you have a little more experience under your belt.

Terms:

VG = vegetable glycerin
PG = propylene glycol

Your nicotine level is based on milligrams per milliliter of e juice. So if your at 6mg, then it's actually 6mg/ml of juice, but it's easier just to write 6mg.

Vg does make you slightly dehydrated, so drinking more actual water is a good thing. This is across the board for everyone.

I've never heard of vaping making anyone constipated, but if your having a decent intake of fluids then add more fiber to your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables, salads and such.

don't drink anything an hour before bed either. It may help with the getting up to pee in the middle of the night.

Nicotine makes it more difficult for some people to sleep, so avoiding nicotine an hour before bed might be of some assistance too. You can vape some zero nicotine e juice in order to keep the hand to mouth habit assuaged if need be.

Other abbreviations include:

Rta = rebuildable tank atomizer (for people who build their own coils instead of buying factory made ones)

Rda = rebuildable dripping atomizer = for people who don't want a tank reservoir for their juice. (Long story, no point explaining, but they literally drip juice onto their wicking material instead of filling up a tank with juice)

Rdta = a term that is just an rta.

Coil = your atomizer

Wicking or wick = what goes through the coil and wicks the juice to the coil which is the heating element so that e liquid can be vaporized.

Tank = reservoir that holds your e liquid

Juice = e liquid

Drip tip = that thing you put your lips on when vaping.

Mod = your device that houses your batteries and computer chip which makes your atomizer fire. (Stems from the beginning days of vaping, when people were actually modifying... now it just means your device)

Fire button = the button you push to get power to your atomizer.

Atomizer = coil but with the wick in place

Coil = atomizer but without the wick.

Those two above terms are used interchangeably and can often mean the same exact thing to the person writing.

510 pin = the screw which protrudes from the bottom of your tank.

Atty = short for atomizer tank and encompasses the whole of the piece you put juice in and screw onto your mod.

Nic= short for nicotine cause we are too lazy to write out the whole word.

Can't think of any other abbreviations right now.

Last edited:

Mark Proctor

Sep 10, 2017
Aberdeen
Muscles cars have awesome power but when taking off from the starting line you can watch the gas needle just drop.

Well, in the instance of e cigarettes, your juice (aka e liquid) is your gas. The more power you put to it, the more you will consume of your e liquid.

Just find a happy place where your getting enough power to satisfy your cravings for a cigarette, and realize that is the amount of e juice you will be consuming. We are all different in this regard, I think average is anywhere from 5-7 ml per day, but some go through less and others quite a bit more. (I've seen some people say they go through upwards of 15 - 20 ml per day)

If you find buying e juice is too expensive for you, you can always make your own -but that's a subject for another day when you have a little more experience under your belt.

Terms:

VG = vegetable glycerin
PG = propylene glycol

Your nicotine level is based on milligrams per milliliter of e juice. So if your at 6mg, then it's actually 6mg/ml of juice, but it's easier just to write 6mg.

Vg does make you slightly dehydrated, so drinking more actual water is a good thing. This is across the board for everyone.

I've never heard of vaping making anyone constipated, but if your having a decent intake of fluids then add more fiber to your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables, salads and such.

don't drink anything an hour before bed either. It may help with the getting up to pee in the middle of the night.

Nicotine makes it more difficult for some people to sleep, so avoiding nicotine an hour before bed might be of some assistance too. You can vape some zero nicotine e juice in order to keep the hand to mouth habit assuaged if need be.

Other abbreviations include:

Rta = rebuildable tank atomizer (for people who build their own coils instead of buying factory made ones)

Rda = rebuildable dripping atomizer = for people who don't want a tank reservoir for their juice. (Long story, no point explaining, but they literally drip juice onto their wicking material instead of filling up a tank with juice)

Rdta = a term that is just an rta.

Coil = your atomizer

Wicking or wick = what goes through the coil and wicks the juice to the coil which is the heating element so that e liquid can be vaporized.

Tank = reservoir that holds your e liquid

Juice = e liquid

Drip tip = that thing you put your lips on when vaping.

Mod = your device that houses your batteries and computer chip which makes your atomizer fire. (Stems from the beginning days of vaping, when people were actually modifying... now it just means your device)

Fire button = the button you push to get power to your atomizer.

Atomizer = coil but with the wick in place

Coil = atomizer but without the wick.

Those two above terms are used interchangeably and can often mean the same exact thing to the person writing.

510 pin = the screw which protrudes from the bottom of your tank.

Atty = short for atomizer tank and encompasses the whole of the piece you put juice in and screw onto your mod.

Nic= short for nicotine cause we are too lazy to write out the whole word.

Can't think of any other abbreviations right now.

Cheers that's great info really appreciated, I'm only needing about 3-4ml per day atm I don't have much problem getting to sleep and I have a puff before bed, I'll just drink less water before bed.

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
I love the information provided in this forum and thanks to everyone for their expertise!

Regarding Water and WD ... It might be the crap (not nicotine) they put in your cigarettes that's causing the withdrawal. I'd consider drinking more rather than less in order to flush it out (and taper off in the evening). I also had dreams about 1 week in where my pouch and papers were everywhere I turned. I considered it a good sign and think your dream also bodes well.

A 50/50 PG/VG mix gives me phlegm and 70/30 MTL at 14 matts (T18) mix feels better. We're all different and it's well worth experimenting sine there are lots of ways to do this.

Best Wishes

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada

Dehydration itself can cause constipation. If your body's short of water it tries harder to recover it from your intestines, with predictable effects.

About the weight gain mentioned earlier, I didn't have any problems when I switched to vaping, but I did when I tried to go 0 nic. Even dropping from 1 mg/ml to 0 caused a noticeable increase in my appetite. As it was, I lasted less than a week at 0 nic so I don't know how it would have worked out long term.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Dehydration itself can cause constipation. If your body's short of water it tries harder to recover it from your intestines, with predictable effects.

About the weight gain mentioned earlier, I didn't have any problems when I switched to vaping, but I did when I tried to go 0 nic. Even dropping from 1 mg/ml to 0 caused a noticeable increase in my appetite. As it was, I lasted less than a week at 0 nic so I don't know how it would have worked out long term.

As he is waking in the night to pee, I'm figuring the problem cannot be solely a lack of fluids, he's obviously getting enough fluids.

I did not have excessive hunger when I cut out nicotine, but I did have some hunger (above my norm).. however, I cut out nicotine when I quit vaping altogether. (I didn't taper). As exercise also acts as an appetite suppressant, I did extra exercise as well as drank more water for the hand to mouth habit which also helped fill me so I never felt horrible for having cut out nicotine.

Nicotine WILL affect all of us differently. Your body does have some adjustment time with each drop in nicotine intake... even if it's just one mg. That last bit for you was simply your hardest drop.

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
Hey guys an gals
I'm 2 weeks now and not had a cigarette,
But I have my friends birthday party tonight and there will be copious amounts of booze I'm fearing I'll have a real cig or 3, it isn't a bad thing if I have some cigs while drinking? as I'll be straight back on ecig tomorrow. It's just as a smoker in the past I loved smoking much more when drinking booze. I'll take my ecig out with me but I can see myself smoking as a few at the party smoke. Then off to a nightclub later. I only go out with friends maybe once a fortnight or once a month sometimes. But maybe I can make this the last time i smoke when having a drink.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
bad thing if I have some cigs while drinking? as I'll be straight back on ecig tomorrow. It's just as a smoker in the past I loved smoking much more when drinking booze. I'll take my ecig out with me but I
Don't stress the occ lapse. I dual used for 5mon. Even if you have a smoke a couple times a month for years you are still healthier than you were before vaping. Maybe instead of buying a pack you could make a deal with a friend for bumming privileges.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it helps at all, I feel off the wagon at a late night concert I went to, early on. I think I must've smoked about 10 cigs. But, I felt awful the next morning, and that was the last time I fell of the wagon like that. You may find that smoking cigs is an aversive experience. I didn't enjoy cig #1, but by about cig number 4 I was enjoying them, until the next morning, that is.

Best of luck, don't beat yourself up whatever happens, just get back on the vaping horse immediately!

Anna

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
I like stepping outside from the bar for a 'smoke but vape instead. I switched fairly easily this time and prefer not to open the door again. Many people dual use for a while... everyone is different I'd use the vape first, go to a stinky if necessary, and resume vaping tomorrow. There's a thread on this forum for duel users which is helpful ....

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread