Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Cheers again mate appreciated

No problem. Watch the video I posted, but you can also take it to a vape shop just to make sure all is okay with it.

Your vaping will change after your through the initial stages. You will feel more comfortable and desire to vape less, it's just a matter of getting through the initial switch.

I think it took me about three months. You will get there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's fantastic Stav, when you go to the vape store (if you do) may want to investigate some other setups, possibly? Simply because it sounds like vaping is working for you, and it's a real PITA if one's vape gear takes a vacation or breaks, and one is left without a vape.

Not necessarily suggesting the same setup, either, variety is the spice of life. You can get some very inexpensive starter kits online, too, you don't have to buy from the vape store, and you can get a pretty reliable setup fairly inexpensively....

Best of luck,

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Did you clean the tank out thoroughly? Once a coil is burned it will "infect" the juice, so to speak, and if it's burned badly enough, it may require a rather thorough tank cleaning. I'd take the coil out that you replaced with, clean that, and all parts of your tank that you can disassemble.

I'm not a big fan of the burnt coil/dry hit either which is why I usually try to refill no more than 2/3 empty....

Best of luck,

Anna

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
Ok cleaned it only my hisen juice is ok but strawberry flavour is strange. Hisen is Apple candy with absenth flavour. Ive mixed blackcurrent strawberry an hisen it's a bit better . Been on nightshift last 4 nights so heads a bit fried. I'm worried when I took out burnt coil I've picked up the burn one and threw the new one out lol plus smashed it up

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You may have a flooded coil. If you have bottom airflow, you can blow gently into the air holes with a napkin or paper towel to catch any e-juice.

If you are having this much trouble with coil changing, it may be worthwhile to look at a demo/review of your tank which will demonstrate step by step (hopefully) how to change a coil and etc. I hope this isn't coming off as condescending, I do that with almost all my new equipment as even when reading the user manual, I can get easily confused and most stuff doesn't come to me super intuitively.

It may be user error, but try to not get flustered. If you're getting new equipment anyway, at least bring it with you to the vape shop and see if they can help you problem solve any, if you are getting no joy....

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, a backup setup is not a bad idea, so you might want to do both. Sometimes coils are bad (even from the manufacturer) so having a couple on hand for each device may be wise, if you can afford to do so, and good luck tomorrow, glad it's working okay for now. A coil getting flooded is pretty common, I just accidentally did that myself while refilling. It doesn't necessarily mean the coil OR mod is bad....

In any case, good luck!

Anna

Reactions: Stav

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Flooding a coil is easy to do. For example, overfilling can lead to flooding. I've also flooded the chamber of a tank before by just accidentally squirting e-liquid down the chimney, which I guess isn't technically flooding, but will result in the same outcome. It may mean you need to tighten your coil slightly, but not always.

Anna

ETA: does this mess up your coil? Not even a little bit, once you remedy the flooding. In fact, it's better to flood a coil than to dry hit it. No biggie, just something that requires a little maintenance....

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
I went to two shops and both conflicting story's one said for my type of device/coil I need a thicker juice, the other shop who gave me the juice said that's rubbish the woman said she uses same device and the thinner juice. It's leaking near the top and they coudnt figure out why. The guy in the first shop took it apart and said the coil shoudnt be connected to the top part but at the bottom of the tank. but it said in the video posted here shows the guy saying it should be connected to the top part. Flummoxed really am nothing runs smoothly in my life

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
Flooding a coil is easy to do. For example, overfilling can lead to flooding. I've also flooded the chamber of a tank before by just accidentally squirting e-liquid down the chimney, which I guess isn't technically flooding, but will result in the same outcome. It may mean you need to tighten your coil slightly, but not always.

Anna

ETA: does this mess up your coil? Not even a little bit, once you remedy the flooding. In fact, it's better to flood a coil than to dry hit it. No biggie, just something that requires a little maintenance....
The cracking has stopped when intake a puff. Also my last post yesterday isn't valid now as went to another e shop and they found a tiny crack inn The glass so got new glass tank. Also

Reactions: stols001

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Heh, Burnt hit. Nothing quite like it.

So one night I was practicing wicking an RDTA. Wicked, wetted the wicks, filled the tank. Took a big hit.

Oh that wonderful feeling of 100's of hot needles stabbing at your throat and lungs. Lasted a day in my chest.

I created soooo many new words that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread