How good is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I doubt that it would be like having sugar in your mouth constantly, most e-juice uses artificial sweeteners. I don't have teeth at the moment (well, anymore, I should say) but my oral surgeon believes my overall mouth health has improved, not worsened. I'm tired of him saying that and I don't want to go back there anymore :lol::lol:, but I suppose it's a good thing.

Don't know of any studies that are being done or anything though, but I imagine a bunch of vapers would notice if they had teeth falling out or huge caries, etc.

Anna

Reactions: Stav

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
I doubt that it would be like having sugar in your mouth constantly, most e-juice uses artificial sweeteners. I don't have teeth at the moment (well, anymore, I should say) but my oral surgeon believes my overall mouth health has improved, not worsened. I'm tired of him saying that and I don't want to go back there anymore :lol::lol:, but I suppose it's a good thing.

Don't know of any studies that are being done or anything though, but I imagine a bunch of vapers would notice if they had teeth falling out or huge caries, etc.

Anna
Cheers Anna, just another point I've been on the thicker and sweeter an darker juice since Mon. This will drastically reduce the coil life Right?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Each juice is going to taste differently at different wattages and in different tanks. (IMO) rinse and dry your coil (if you so desire) and refill, priming the coil again and moving slooowllly up in wattage, until you hit a sweet spot. With that said, some juices just taste gnarly to me at any wattage, on any coil. You'll soon discover preferences. One of my favorite storebought juices was coco and they colored it so that it was tarry dark. I can really only run a tank or two of that juice in drop-in coil tanks, before they die. It doesn't matter if it's day one or 12, so I save that stuff for when my coil is about to die. With that said, now that I DIY I have some clear chocolate flavors, that I hope I will find enjoyable, and have really moved away from storebought, period. They all taste too strong and harsh to me now that my tastebuds have grown back.

AND I FINALLY GAINED FIVE POUNDS!!!! Yay. I knew all that eating and inactivity would help me out, LOL. E-juice has no calories, unfortunately, but only 10 more lbs to go, YAY!!!! (I got pretty pneumonia chic at the end of my smoking and it wasn't good at all). Of course, the husband briefly thought I might be pregnant (thanks there, buddy!) but no, my vastly improved eating habits all have to do with how things taste, LOL.

But yes, Stav, darker and sweeter juices are known coil killers. You may want to go someplace that has an e-juice tasting bar to see some profiles you like of juices that aren't too thick or sweet, if such a thing exists near you, to save you from flavors you hate.. Otherwise, some online vendors sell tasting samples in small bottles to give a sense of what they have to offer. Best of luck,

Anna

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
Hi Anna
Thanks good info again :) I had new coil since Mon but started to die today been using the darker n sweeter juice since then, taste wasn't as clear. It was a strawberry cake flavour. I have cloudy lemonade but it's awful. My one of two shops have a tasting bar but my device doesn't fit into the lead to try them.. Got to say some of the people who work in the shops are a bit clueless :|

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Most places will use testers with disposable/cleanable drip tips. It's actually kind of a nice idea to test on your own mod, actually, but you may be able to find a place that does it the way I just described. If you have a Freedom Smoke USA near you, they will do it. I don't think their juices are fabulous, but the are serviceable, and you can at least get a sense of things You Like.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I live in Aberdeen Scotland a city that is stagnating and stuck in the past. I have two shops pretty basic ones. Maybe one day I'll be able to make my own juice .

DIY is very simple to do and a great money saver. It's still a good idea to get used to some commercial juices so you know what you actually like, then get some recipes, then order the flavorings for those recipes. It's a better approach than buying a bunch of flavorings that don't work properly in stuff you like to mix.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
drinking water from a pond, gutter, or toilet is not good for you but dogs do it all the time ( most wild animals do to minus the toilet) and they still live just fine... there are always going to be people who are going to condemn whatever just because they dont understand it.... Im even guilty of doing so when Rayon was first reported to be a fantastic wicking material... I figured that a dry hit off of Rayon would produce a nasty concoction of fumes etc that would do some serious damage... I use rayon only in my drippers and RBTAs... :)

Stav

Jun 6, 2015
Most places will use testers with disposable/cleanable drip tips. It's actually kind of a nice idea to test on your own mod, actually, but you may be able to find a place that does it the way I just described. If you have a Freedom Smoke USA near you, they will do it. I don't think their juices are fabulous, but the are serviceable, and you can at least get a sense of things You Like.

Anna
Hi Anna
Switched from 6mg nic to 11mg yesterday seems a better throut hit. And i go through less juice. New shop opened up has a bar you can try flavours :thumb: but some people especially the guy who was v helpful said it's not the sweetness tjat kills a coil quicker it's the nicotine strength.
but guy from other shop says it's the sweetness that does it..

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
It’s my understanding that the sugars caramelize on the coil, and that’s certainly what it looks like when I replace my wick and burn/brush the debris off the coil. I use the same nic amount usually and a liquid I didn’t use sweetener in goes longer between rewicks than a liquid I sweetened.
I live in Aberdeen Scotland a city that is stagnating and stuck in the past. I have two shops pretty basic ones. Maybe one day I'll be able to make my own juice .
If you can follow directions on a box to cook something or mix a cocktail you can make your own liquid. It’s a larger cost up front for supplies but once you get some stuff collected the cost of vaping dips drastically.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Have a lovely evening and rest secure in the knowledge that if all math problems on the SAT were vaping problems, I might have beaten my brother's 1500 score. :lol:. Thank God THAT didn't happen, he might have had to momentarily cede older brother superiority and that's never happened, his head might've exploded.

Anna

Reactions: Stav
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread