How hard would it be to paint a 18650 battery tube? Would it hold up and look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Ok so i have been thinking about painting a 18650 battery tube. It will be a brass battery tube. I am looking to paint it black or grey, or maybe another color ( unsure at the moment )

My question is, Would painting one at home and no fancy machines or paint have a good outcome? Will it hold up to everyday use?

If so, Could you experienced guys who have done something like this before give me some info on what type of paint would be best to use, Do i use a sealant? primer? Is painting brass just the same as painting any other steal?

The top cap and bottom button both unscrew from the mod so it will just be the tube. I am not sure if i should tape off the threads either.

Any input on this would be great, Thanks.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
For bare metal, simply sand the surface if starting from polished. This allows the primer to bond. Primer would be ideal. Use an automotive enamel for best protection against wear. Use several very light coats. Better to build up the coat than cause drips. Read the instructions. Follow all cautions and directions.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
For bare metal, simply sand the surface if starting from polished. This allows the primer to bond. Primer would be ideal. Use an automotive enamel for best protection against wear. Use several very light coats. Better to build up the coat than cause drips. Read the instructions. Follow all cautions and directions.

Great advice. Proper surface prep and many thin coats are the most important things for a good paint job.

I would also consider a product called DuraCoat. It's designed for painting firearms, so it is very durable and heat resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread