How have your tastes changed over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
It seems like many of you are into unflavored liquid. I've heard a few others say that a while ago. I know someone said it was because they didn't trust the ingredients, but it sounds like that isn't the case here.
So what's the draw of unflavored juice?

The most common answer I have heard to that question is that it is as close as you can get to smoking a cigarette and still be vaping.

Reactions: Jdurand

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I have noticed that since I took up vaping, my flavor preferences have continuously been changing. I started out vaping a menthol tobacco flavor because that is what I used to smoke. But that only lasted a few months. Next, I moved on to simple fruit flavors. Maybe a little mixing, but not too complex. Then I discovered more bready juices. I still love cakes, but today I prefer cereal-type flavors. I still like there to be a hint of fruit. But it's been interesting to see how my preferences have developed.

Since you stared to vape, what types of flavors have you guys been enjoying over time?
My preferences change all the time... makes it hard to stock pile favorite juices. I can vape a flavor for maybe 150-200mL max, then for some reason I just don't like it anymore. I started with tobaccos and it's still my favorite. Never got into fruit, I like some bakery... I guess my flavor preference haven't changed, just what liquid I like.
I've started vaping unflavored. I tried a year ago & didn't like it, but I really like it now. I'm really hoping it's the one thing I never get sick of. For now it's just like another flavor, I vape it maybe 30% of the time, but I'm hoping I start to prefer it to flavored juice. For me it's about $$$ and simplicity. It is CHEAP, and no worries about changing coils/bottles when switching flavors.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Unflavored, to me, is as close to a real cig as possible. I started with nothing but tobacco flavors. now I can't stand them and have gotten used to custards and creams. I DIY now and rotate between regular Custard, unicorn milk and Mothers Milk. I am still working on perfecting or finding a good cheesecake recipe. if you had said that is where I would be now, a year ago, I'd would have said no way.

Reactions: MMW

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
It seems like many of you are into unflavored liquid. I've heard a few others say that a while ago. I know someone said it was because they didn't trust the ingredients, but it sounds like that isn't the case here.

I tastes the nearest to what I vaguely remember smoking to taste like...and it's incredibly cheap. Costs me <$5 per month.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I got into Unflavored as a way to Reduce the Potential Risks that using Flavorings may pose.

But what surprised me was How Much I liked the Taste of a Tank of Unflavored with a Drop or Two of Regular Flavored e-Liquid in it. Or by Priming a New wick with Flavored and then filling the Tank with Unflavored.

It just Taste more Refreshing than my Normal Flavored e-liquids. And I Didn't get "Flavor Burn Out" like I did with Regular e-Liquids.

So it was kinda a Win-Win.

It Taste Better. And I was Drastically Reducing the Potential for Flavoring related Problems.

ETA - Oh Yeah. It is Also Dirt Cheap to Vape. And a No Brainer to DIY.

So it is more like a Win-Win-Win-Win.

LOL

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I started out on a coffee flavour as I figured if I was kicking smoking to the curb it would be easier not to use tobacco flavours, after a few months I moved onto fruit flavours and still mainly vape fruit flavours although choc fudge brownie is a new favourite. Recently purchased a bottle of capella cup of Joe as I like coffee and want a nice one to vape also a big fan of mrs lords druide which I guess is more alcohol drink flavour I treat myself to a bottle every Xmas :). Now I diy I'm more open to trying new flavours as the cost is not an issue.

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
My Tastes have changed Significantly.

But not in that I don't like the Same Flavors I did when I Started. I still Do. I just like Less Flavoring in my e-Liquids. And use Unflavored much of the Time.

I used to want Intense, Double Shot, Face Melting e-Liquids. But I burned out on So Much Flavor.

Thats me ! I may not have used the face melting stuff - lol... but everything was FULL flavor. I don't do a lot of completely unflavored, but I do use only tiny amount percentages. 1-2 % is perfect for me. I see folks using 10+ % and I think wow, that seems so high.

My flavor concentrates last a lot longer too !

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thats me ! I may not have used the face melting stuff - lol... but everything was FULL flavor. I don't do a lot of completely unflavored, but I do use only tiny amount percentages. 1-2 % is perfect for me. I see folks using 10+ % and I think wow, that seems so high.

My flavor concentrates last a lot longer too !

Yeah... I just Don't Like the Taste of my 10+ % Mixes anymore. They just don't Taste very Refreshing anymore.

Kinda like when your Thirsty, and drinking a Soda isn't as Refreshing as Drinking Ice Cold Bottled Water. Or a Big Glass of Iced Tea with a Dash of Sugar.

Reactions: Steelgirl

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Biggest change has been going from 'full flavor' to hardly any flavoring. I still buy pre-mixed concentrates, but mix them veery thinly. Some of the flavors are some of my first decent discoveries. But I do throw in a couple randoms every time I order.

I guess I get my 'flavor kicks' from coffee more than vaping. And... well... I don't want my vape flavors to interfere with my coffee.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The first ones I enjoyed were coffee flavored. Didn't like fruit or tobacco at all. Then I started liking fruits and went off coffee completely. After I started DIY I experimented more. Discovered vanilla and put that in almost everything. Currently use about equal amounts of banana nut bread, tobacco, and assorted fruits.

At first I needed very strong flavors. Seems like that's common while your taste buds recover. Now I use lower percentages than the normal recommendations. Less as time passes. Sounds like a lot of people, in this thread anyway, have moved to unflavored or lightly flavored. I think I'll try that.

Reactions: zoiDman

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I started off with the face melting stuff too. Even my first DIY's were all 20% flavoring, but like others stated they don't taste as good anymore. I'm down to around 5% flavoring in most of my juices. I started off with an RY4 that had a heavy maple flavor to it. That's what got me off the analogs. Then I found a few fruity flaves I liked and a white russian mix from a B&M that was pretty awesome. I've been playing with tobaccos the last couple of months and found several that I really like (latakia, pipe tobaccos, a black & mild that is spot on for the cigar, etc...). Unflavored is pretty good. I keep a bottle to clean my wicks so I can switch flavors without changing the cotton. I mix up a bottle of unflavored with a touch of menthol once in a while too. It's good to cleanse the palate when vape tongue strikes. But the menthol is difficult to get out of a tank, so I don't use it very often. I like DIY because I can mix up a dozen different flavors for what I used to pay for 1 bottle of juice and my tongue never gets bored.

Reactions: zoiDman

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
When I first started I was into the fruity flavors, over time I got tired of those and moved into cereals/dessert. Now I almost exclusivly vape custard/milk type juices with very light undertones of fruit. For some reason most juices now give me a throat hit that I don't particularly enjoy and the custard/milk juices seem to be the smoothest hit for me

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I have noticed that since I took up vaping, my flavor preferences have continuously been changing. I started out vaping a menthol tobacco flavor because that is what I used to smoke. But that only lasted a few months. Next, I moved on to simple fruit flavors. Maybe a little mixing, but not too complex. Then I discovered more bready juices. I still love cakes, but today I prefer cereal-type flavors. I still like there to be a hint of fruit. But it's been interesting to see how my preferences have developed.

Since you stared to vape, what types of flavors have you guys been enjoying over time?

I was all about the menthol also....found it and loved it. Then came the desserts (creamy stuff), and I'm now on unflavored for about a year. It does change!! :)

Tracey

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
After a year and half I still love the complexity of various tobacco`s. Rarely I`ll vape a fruit or a desert (once a week?), but the tobacs are my main stay. I have about 16 different DIY flavors because its the variety of tobacco that really makes it fun and rewarding for me. Vaping some Inawara Turkish @9% right now with a little Tobacco Absolute added to make it pop. LOL, Its very ashy.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
When i started everything was delicious. Something i wouldn't give a friend for free today was awesome then.
Then i apparently started to regain my taste and started to DIY. Put a lot less flavoring than the manufacturers in the store bought, and than the recommended dose, and tried 60ish flavors. To this day i haven't found a tobacco one that i really like (apart from the ex desert ship from fa).

But i've managed to ruin some of my favorite flavors for myself. For example, in one time period i vaped so much peanut butter chocolate and tiramisu that they make me gag today :(

Today i mostly do a fruit+sweet combo. Like strawberry + choco + coconut (yeah i know, but it works :D), or berries + hazelnut + choco etc.
It's fun to DIY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread