How I finally ended a life long battle with smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Thanks so much for telling your story,,,,,,,I too smoked during 2 of my pregnancies (I had quit for the second child but had started back up by the third),,,,,,,,the doctors just told me to cut down as much as I could and not to feel too guilty,,,,,,,snort I am a mother, of course I felt guilty,,,,,,,how much better would it have been for me to quit BEFORE I got pregnant with any of them,,,,,,I know I could have given up nicotine when I was pregnant,,,,,,,honestly,,,,,,it was the ACT of smoking, the FEEL of smoking, that I couldn't give up,,,,,,,but if we had had Ecigs in those days, I could have weened off nicotine BEFORE I was ever pregnant,,,,,,,Ii too am lucky,,,,,,,all of my children are healthy.

Crimzen Eyez

Mar 4, 2013
New York
Congratulations! I can relate to this story because my experience with vaping hasn't been easy as well.I first tried it and ended up with a bad kit that in my opinion just wasn't cutting it.I then started smoking analogs again thinking that ecigs were a scam by companies to take advantage of smokers (Please don't bite my head off for writing that,i know better now) Eventually after noticing the impact that analogs were having on my body i decided to give it another go but started doing some research online reading articles and watching videos on Youtube and ended up with a 510 kit and it clicked,it has now been close to two years since i have had a cigarette and i am very grateful for that.

jenntek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Allegheny National Forest
Very good.
My mother had cancer. Many friends/neighbors have had cancer. My dad had emphysema, and COPD. He quit smoking at the age of 40, and lived another 43 years. (awe, I miss my Dad). My mother passed 30 years ago. Not from cancer, she actually beat that. My sister still smokes, and she thinks i'm "silly" for using an ecig. ok... my bills are paid.... she still smokes, and she struggles with her car payment... who is silly now? If we can do it (4+ years here) anyone can do it.... this gal that started the thread is still going strong, as am I.
I still use nicotine - 24mg... and on a slow path down hill to zero nic.... 2014 is just around the corner... make it a resolution not just for a week, or two.. make it for a lifetime... or two... or three... or for your familys health...
I'm a quitter... yep... The strangest thing about quitting was when I went into the quick stores to pay for gas... the clearks would say "Will that be all?" ... I felt like I was supposed to buy something else.... The habbit was gone ... the habbit of asking "Yes, and a pack of smokes"... It was strange for the first couple of months walking out of the store with nothing in my hand buy my change from the gas pump.... haha... Now? They don't ask if I need anything else... I pay, and leave empty handed, and a full tank of gas that didn't hurt as much because I didn't have to buy 3 packs of name brand nasty tasting cigarettes. haha... CHA-CHING!
:D
Good night.

dogluvr

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Nashville, TN
WOW. I am filled with emotion as I see myself in the mirror of your story, down to the Benson and Hedges smoked by my mother (and later by me). My journey has just begun. I've been smoke free for 48 days, and nobody including me can believe it. But I'm certainly not on the other side, it's a day to day battle. While I don't dwell on it, I continue to want a real cigarette and they still smell good to me. Passed a lady on the street the other day and wanted to knock her down and eat that stinkin cigarette!

Thank you so much for sharing - for you put to words what ached in my soul....

For me it's one day at a time right now, and someday I hope to say I ended my battle as well. <3

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Way to go dogluvr!
You can do this! You are already pass the physical addiction to the "stinkies" and the head part is well on it's way to being put in it's place as well...in the past.
Just think, you can have any flavor you want and that lady on the street is still stuck on that truly yucky, chemical filled, burnt, expensive, stinky thing that makes everyone she is around that is not a smoker reel at the smell of her.
Congrats on your healthy choice for yourself. It's worth it as I still get to do what I enjoy, the act of smoking, without cigs since 2009.
Blessings on your journey.

Reactions: DC2

Catsofplenty

Moved On
Jun 30, 2015
Been there, done that. Just started with the e-cig and I think it will work for me also. Still have to sneak in a puff of pipe every once in a while but hopefully this also will come to an end. I have smoked for 55 years and have COPD so I have to make a choice to quit or depart. This gives me encouragement. Tks

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Been there, done that. Just started with the e-cig and I think it will work for me also. Still have to sneak in a puff of pipe every once in a while but hopefully this also will come to an end. I have smoked for 55 years and have COPD so I have to make a choice to quit or depart. This gives me encouragement. Tks
best of luck. I quit after 45 years and it's a struggle but you seem well motivated so you should make it.im a former pipe smoker too. once again good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread