How I quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissprof

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Illinois
1998. Wife really wanted me to quit. Decided that a high average day for me would be 12 cigs. So the first week I smoked 12 per day. Next week, went to 11, and so on. When I got down to 2 per dsy, i stayed there for 5 years. Would smoke one cig after supper and one before bed. Went through a bad allergy phase and stopped completely to see if that was a factor. This was early 2003. Got on the vape train last month when I had decided that I was going to start smoking again, tried vaping as an alternative. Worked.

kissprof

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Illinois
Dang. I've never had that kind of willpower when it came to the cigs. Are you vaping a 0 mg nic fluid?

no, but hoping too work towards it. Currently at about 12 mg, the juices I bought from halo are 6mg. They shouldarrive soon. The problem I have found with vaping 0mg is I never stop. At least with nicotine, I reach a point where I am vaped out, so to speak. Satisfied.

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
no, but hoping too work towards it. Currently at about 12 mg, the juices I bought from halo are 6mg. They shouldarrive soon. The problem I have found with vaping 0mg is I never stop. At least with nicotine, I reach a point where I am vaped out, so to speak. Satisfied.

Interesting. I ask because I've yet to try 0 mg. I am currently at 18 mg and chain vaping away.

kissprof

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Illinois
Well I never was a heavy smoker. As I said, at my peak I was around half a pack a day of lights. My nic level of my cigs then was around 10mg. When I start to buzz and I can feel the headache coming, I know I am done vaping for 30 min or so. With 0 mg, there is zero buzz, and I am sucking like a newborn on a boob.

Heavy smokers probably have a completely different experience than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread