Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
Hello!

I've been looking forward to placing my first order with KBV - however, I'm reluctant to do so because a majority of the reviews I've viewed on YouTube indicate a low to mild throat hit with their juices - which in my case would be a deal breaker.

Full flavor as well as good throat hit are my two most important criteria (vapor production is of little concern).
I vape at 18 mg, and prefer a higher PG ratio.

Some vapors dont care for strong throat hit - but i do - so thank you in advance for your honest replies!
Even if KBVs juices are as wonderful as I've heard, there's little point in buying them if they won't suit my taste.

Cheers!

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I vape 18mg nic with their 70/30 PG/VG blend. Some flavors do have a more noticable TH than others. TH is mostly attributed to the nic level unless the juice vendor adds things to artificially intensify it(which KBV does not to the best of my knowledge). Nicotine causes the muscles in the throat to "contract" which is that TH that you feel. I think that the freshness of the nicotine affects TH also. Really fresh nic will have a little bit milder TH but should increase as the juice steeps. My favorite KBV juice is Hummingbird Nectar. It has a good honeysuckle flavor and tends to have a great TH.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
I'm a full flavored kind a guy myself, and I love TH so I go with 24mg. Great TH on the juices I've tried. Your juice delivery system can make a difference as well. I spent about $700 on juice when I first started vaping, from all over the country. KBV is gonna be my go to vendor from now on. I didn't get a single juice I didn't like and I tried about 8 flavors.

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
I'm a full flavored kind a guy myself, and I love TH so I go with 24mg. Great TH on the juices I've tried. Your juice delivery system can make a difference as well. I spent about $700 on juice when I first started vaping, from all over the country. KBV is gonna be my go to vendor from now on. I didn't get a single juice I didn't like and I tried about 8 flavors.

What a great name! Thank you for the reply! I went ahead and ordered two flavors today (at 18mg and with extra flavor), and I'm looking forward to giving them a try.

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
I vape 18mg nic with their 70/30 PG/VG blend. Some flavors do have a more noticable TH than others. TH is mostly attributed to the nic level unless the juice vendor adds things to artificially intensify it(which KBV does not to the best of my knowledge). Nicotine causes the muscles in the throat to "contract" which is that TH that you feel. I think that the freshness of the nicotine affects TH also. Really fresh nic will have a little bit milder TH but should increase as the juice steeps. My favorite KBV juice is Hummingbird Nectar. It has a good honeysuckle flavor and tends to have a great TH.

Thank you Morfeeus for your reply, and interesting explanation regarding nicotine freshness and TH! That's something I had not been familiar with.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
You're welcome :)

I agree with the nicotine levels.
I ordered 12mg once from KBV and there was 0 TH
I enjoy KBV at 18mg and they have the best tasting juice. I would say the TH is moderate to light depending on the flavor.
Worth it to try KBV at 18mg. 70pg. 30vg. The flavors are excellent and it is worth the shot to see what you may be missing. For under $10 with shipping you can get 15ml to try or two 15ml for under $20

KBV should make a sampler pack

Libel

Jan 15, 2012
Canada
I agree with the nicotine levels.
I ordered 12mg once from KBV and there was 0 TH
I enjoy KBV at 18mg and they have the best tasting juice. I would say the TH is moderate to light depending on the flavor.
Worth it to try KBV at 18mg. 70pg. 30vg.

I got mine at 12mg and there is a TH that is perfect for me (and it is not "mild"). I guess it really depends on how strong you expect it to be.

Regarding flavor, with the extra flavoring option i took, I can say without a doubt that so far KBV is the juice supplier with the most flavor and most taste. It is going to be hard to vape juices from other vendors. Of course, to each his own.

Btw, Gooey Butter Cake: a killer (I have not yet tested the other liquids I ordered).

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
I not only placed an order with KBV some weeks ago, I've already placed a second order.
I initially ordered two flavors. I absolutely loved Butter Pecan Rum Ice Cream! Great flavor and TH!
I wasn't as enthused over the second one - be oh Be's OMG! I know a lot of folks are crazy over this, but it wasn't quite for me.
No matter, I loved the first one so much that I ordered two other flavors - and will continue to order from KBV.

VaporHead512

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
TX
I not only placed an order with KBV some weeks ago, I've already placed a second order.
I initially ordered two flavors. I absolutely loved Butter Pecan Rum Ice Cream! Great flavor and TH!
I wasn't as enthused over the second one - be oh Be's OMG! I know a lot of folks are crazy over this, but it wasn't quite for me.
No matter, I loved the first one so much that I ordered two other flavors - and will continue to order from KBV.

That OMG is gonna grow on you. Give it time. Let it steep. Keep trying it.

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
That OMG is gonna grow on you. Give it time. Let it steep. Keep trying it.

Thank you for the good advice!

Truth be told, I didn't like OMG one bit after trying it a few days after it arrived. Tried it again a few weeks later, and it's not bad.
Who knows, maybe after another week or so, I might actually like it a lot.
On the other hand, I absolutely loved Butter Pecan Rum Ice Cream after only a week of steeping.
Not being a chemist or anything like that, perhaps it has something to with the particular flavors used in an e liquid that determines the amount of steeping time required.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread